How to improve wall posts function

Cyro

An issue I and many other people have noticed within the KC is wall posts. Many people find them to be annoying even if they like the person who posts them. Now there are many ways to go about solving the issue of wall posts but personally, I think adding rules about it is not the best way to go. We don't need our mods to have more things to keep up with as they're doing their job. The best course of action in my opinion would be to make it so you can block someone's wall posts separately from them, so you can see their posts and pm them without having to be spammed by them on your wall feed. I am not claiming this is the best solution and would like this post to be more of an outlet for any suggestions anyone has, how can we help clean up this feature? Would love suggestions.

I think that sounds a perfect idea myself, I personally don't have a problem with wall posts but I do hear of people who don't like people who use the wall posting feature alot, or even if there was a mute for a hour button option in the profile settings somewhere. Also like turning off people being able to send friend requests as I know of people within the chatroom who have people who spam send them requests and that can become annoying, thats a idea I have that could maybe be used in the future but I'm open to hearing what others have to say to make our kids chat how we want it and the best place to hang out ( DynamicDylan )

Only wall post idea I've gat is, make it more clear if you're deleting the wall post or trying to come out of it. The white 'X' indicates to me that we are coming out of the 'wall posts' screen. When in a day I've deleted 4 wall posts on accident 😖

I have never liked the wall post feature, for one is the fact that unless you are a friend of a person you cannot see their post so it makes it impossible to even moderate wall posting effectively because I am not going to make 7,451 people friends just to be able to do that. And let me not go into the fact that if you have sounds on and trying to listen to music on earbuds or earphones it becomes maddening because some believe they need to post every 5 minutes all day long! :dj:

I have never liked the wall post feature, for one is the fact that unless you are a friend of a person you cannot see their post so it makes it impossible to even moderate wall posting effectively because I am not going to make 7,451 people friends just to be able to do that. And let me not go into the fact that if you have sounds on and trying to listen to music on earbuds or earphones it becomes maddening because some believe they need to post every 5 minutes all day long! :dj:

I agree with you, with the people posting about their life every 5 mins. If they wanna do that wait and make a whole wall post that covers 3 or 4 different things that you wanna say. When it comes to the terms of modding them there's not really alot of things in terms of modding as I personally don't really ever find myself deleting them. And the sound drives me insane. Good job i got em turned off 🤪

That does not at all solve the issue. My point was that there are people who are fun to talk to and good friends but are annoying on the wall. I completely agree that the wall feature has always been bad and most people don't like it, but it is definitely something that in the right hands is used very nicely. My goal was to reach a way that we can stop annoying wall posters without unfriending them or taking it away from them, while also letting us see the wall posts of people who use it correctly. (Updates to friends if they aren't all online, etc.)