Opinions on turning negative destructive thoughts into positive constructive thoughts?

GamerGirlTwitch

I have been reading alot of mindfullness and philosophy books, and how we can take destructive effects and turn them into constructive processes.

For example:

A failure is just a learning lesson for me to do better next time.

Or

After the thunderstorm there are clear skies

Can anyone else add to this?

I think it could be helpful, productive, and fun 😊

I follow the GEM Model developed by The Resilience Project

Gratitude​

What is gratitude? It’s about paying attention to the things and moments we have right now, and not worrying about what we don’t have. We practise gratitude by noticing the positives that exist around us, and by being thankful for things, places and people in our lives.

Empathy​

What does empathy mean? Empathy and kindness are closely linked. So are empathy and compassion. To be empathetic is to put ourselves in the shoes of others to feel and see what they are. We practice this by being kind towards other people.

Mindfulness​

How to practise mindfulness? Mindfulness activities help us to be present in the moment and often create a feeling of calm. We practice this through slowing down and concentrating on one thing at a time. This includes meditation, colouring in and flow states.

It takes 21 days to change your mindset, it doesn't happen over night.

They also have a Wellness app on their website that has a wellness diary and tips and tricks to move your mind in to a more positive frame.

I follow the GEM Model developed by The Resilience Project

Gratitude​

What is gratitude? It’s about paying attention to the things and moments we have right now, and not worrying about what we don’t have. We practise gratitude by noticing the positives that exist around us, and by being thankful for things, places and people in our lives.

Empathy​

What does empathy mean? Empathy and kindness are closely linked. So are empathy and compassion. To be empathetic is to put ourselves in the shoes of others to feel and see what they are. We practice this by being kind towards other people.

Mindfulness​

How to practise mindfulness? Mindfulness activities help us to be present in the moment and often create a feeling of calm. We practice this through slowing down and concentrating on one thing at a time. This includes meditation, colouring in and flow states.

It takes 21 days to change your mindset, it doesn't happen over night.

They also have a Wellness app on their website that has a wellness diary and tips and tricks to move your mind in to a more positive frame.
Absolutely love this! Great pointers and yes practice makes perfect it takes a lifetime for it to be automatic. It is hardest when negative emotions occur. But with practice can lead to great results. 😊 thank you for your comment.

Fostering resilience, mindfulness and self-worth for me, are entwined. I try to practise the following regularly:
  • Visualizing/meditation- clear my mind of negative energy, go to a safe space when going through a rough patch or a hard time.
  • Self-Love/self-esteem- being less judgemental about myself. Recognising my assets.
  • Kindness- foster feelings of compassion towards myself and judge others less harshly.
  • Appreciation/Gratitude - acknowledge a sense of gratefulness for what i have and who i am.
  • Joy- do more of the things i enjoy.
  • Acceptance- let go of resistance and find acceptance.
In my younger days I kept a journal where I would note down the things under these categories and when needed, or periodically I would have a read through.

I think sometimes being mindful is just stopping what you’re doing in the moment and acknowledging the details. It’s subjective though and I would imagine different for everyone.

Fostering resilience, mindfulness and self-worth for me, are entwined. I try to practise the following regularly:
  • Visualizing/meditation- clear my mind of negative energy, go to a safe space when going through a rough patch or a hard time.
  • Self-Love/self-esteem- being less judgemental about myself. Recognising my assets.
  • Kindness- foster feelings of compassion towards myself and judge others less harshly.
  • Appreciation/Gratitude - acknowledge a sense of gratefulness for what i have and who i am.
  • Joy- do more of the things i enjoy.
  • Acceptance- let go of resistance and find acceptance.
In my younger days I kept a journal where I would note down the things under these categories and when needed, or periodically I would have a read through.

I think sometimes being mindful is just stopping what you’re doing in the moment and acknowledging the details. It’s subjective though and I would imagine different for everyone.
Thank you Nana. Much preciate. β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’‹β€οΈ

For me, I believe that positivity is more of a way of life than it is something that happens to you. It’s a way to wake up in the morning, knowing that you are going to make the best of things that come your way (life isn’t always easy, and when you get the short end of the stick, being mad isn’t going to help at all). It’s not about finding something that you love to do in order to be happy, and more about just being happy about what you’re doing.

Another something that I like to do in order to help hear my inner voice better is to pretend that others can hear your thoughts. You’d be surprised sometimes at the things you’re inner voice will tell you, and I think that there are many people out there who have an incongruence between how they really feel and how they portray themselves outwardly. The closer your inner voice is to your outward personality, the more you will be at peace with yourself.

Also, I think it’s worth being said that when life is throwing lemons at you, and nothing feels right, it’s okay to be still and be quiet. It’s okay to rest. To turn off your output, and just breathe, eat well, and to focus on getting alright with yourself, because, at the end of the day, you really can’t help others until you are help yourself be in the right frame of mind.

Hope you’re having a great day and not just a good one if you’re reading this. ^.^

For me, I believe that positivity is more of a way of life than it is something that happens to you. It’s a way to wake up in the morning, knowing that you are going to make the best of things that come your way (life isn’t always easy, and when you get the short end of the stick, being mad isn’t going to help at all). It’s not about finding something that you love to do in order to be happy, and more about just being happy about what you’re doing.

Another something that I like to do in order to help hear my inner voice better is to pretend that others can hear your thoughts. You’d be surprised sometimes at the things you’re inner voice will tell you, and I think that there are many people out there who have an incongruence between how they really feel and how they portray themselves outwardly. The closer your inner voice is to your outward personality, the more you will be at peace with yourself.

Also, I think it’s worth being said that when life is throwing lemons at you, and nothing feels right, it’s okay to be still and be quiet. It’s okay to rest. To turn off your output, and just breathe, eat well, and to focus on getting alright with yourself, because, at the end of the day, you really can’t help others until you are help yourself be in the right frame of mind.

Hope you’re having a great day and not just a good one if you’re reading this. ^.^
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It's difficulty lies in it's simplicity. Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones can help. "I really don't want to work today", replace with "I am excited to get home after work", "I don't like having to walk" with "I prefer to bike or ride in a car". Small things and the subconscious absorbs it. Always make sure you've eaten too, lack of food can produce some ugly anger and thoughts.

we're naturally hard wired to think negatively . I think you have to see that you control what you can and let go of stressing over what you can not . You do your best with what you got and sometimes you're going to feel stuck but it doesn't mean you're any less likely to obtain whatever it is you would like to accomplish.

I have been reading alot of mindfullness and philosophy books, and how we can take destructive effects and turn them into constructive processes.

For example:

Or

Why Do I Wanna Do This To You When I Read Your Threads >>

Just don't worry about it. worrying about something you cannot, will not be able to change. You might hate something, one person cannot change anything, even a few thousand won't solve anything. The best thing to do would be not worry about it, just care about enjoying yourself until you leave this earth.

I used to be one of those people who hated everything and everyone. I just decided me being moody everyday won't change them or anything. I just focused on my own enjoyment, helping those around me who are close family, close friends. nobody else matters.

Just focus on yourself, on those around you that are important nothing else matters in the end.

For example:

Or

My therapist told me to practice the "Best Friend Technique" in which you speak to yourself as you would your best friend as opposed to how you would speak to yourself. We tend to be more compassionate to others than we are to ourselves. If you don't treat your friends any better than you treat yourself though, I don't recommend it. Lmao.

I cant do this as an artist, but, to get out of a funk of negativity, getting into art, drawing and or painting , supposedly is super helpful. I can only do such things in a positive mood.

also photography

basically having a hobby. supposedly you cant be happy and depressed or happy and mad at the same time, so doing something you absolutely enjoy no matter what, in theory should help.

me, i can't even spank it if I'm not in a good mood.

When I used to go to therapy I learned a good technique about making myself feel better about myself.

Every morning wake up and look in the mirror, tell yourself one good thing about yourself. β€œMy hair looks good today” β€œMy eye color is nice” etc etc. it takes around 21 days to make a positive path in your brain so your self confidence will go up! πŸ€ͺ