Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narcissism

Silver Member

Didn't read but noticed that the OP has the same font style as that nicholas dude. That's cute.

Not even a newbie yet...

I'd be surprised if most people couldn't confess to at least one of those listed..narcissism is the root of human nature after all. It's only when we can't find it within ourselves to rise above and counteract that that we're in a hitch. Like, I find myself constantly regressing into self-absorption sometimes even just out of self-preservation, but the more i do, the more i find that it's not so much about loving myself as an obsession with people loving me.We all have to love/accept/whatever ourselves before we can love others...the twist is narcissists need others to love them before they can even love themselves, though i'd like to see one that could admit it. And if they don't get the feedback they want, they turn to telling themselves everything they want to hear, refusing to believe anything but and expecting the rest of the world to endorse it. In this case, narcissism is a cheap substitute for confidence, but a costly alternate to love. In fact, i think it's more of an antonym to love than hate..

As for spotting these clandestine creatures, i'd say a good sign is when they accuse youuu of any of the settled attributes..narcissists are always secretly checking for other narcissists..but the basic rule is, you can be proud.. but when you're proud of being proud that's when it becomes vanity. And when you're proud of your vanity(as justified as it may be..), well then, love, you're just an *******. Otherwise known as a narcissist.

twitter breeds narcissism

the forum's member pic section is plagued with narcissist traits too, do observe

Quote Originally Posted by ♏ara View Post
    narcissism is the root of human nature after all.
    I agree with this, in a sense. Freud also believed that narcissism is an essential component since birth and throughout our upbringing. Considering the traits attributed to narcissism (such as self-confidence and the ability to follow a consistent path of achievement), to be narcissistic seems vital to individual success in society. Narcissism enables us to reach goals through self-interest as a key motivation.

However, there is a clear dividing line between healthy narcissism and pathological narcissism, where somebody's self-interest may lead them to destroy and exploit without remorse. Healthy narcissists, on the other hand, HAVE an innate moral compass. Freud argued that what differentiates 'healthy' from 'pathological' is the existence of a traumatic childhood - by which the kid learns that ethics aren't really important.

The description in the original post is more suited to 'pathological narcissism' or 'aggressive narcissism' - which can be linked in turn to psychopathy or megalomania.

I do agree with Gabriel, though. That post reads like a spurned thirty-something warding women off men who are, hmm... self-driven? 'Eyes with no soul' - pfft, very scientific.

Narcissism is a person's whole attitude is completely their own, and how to use other people's interests do not care about other people's well-being, not even give it a thought.

Narcissism, like punk music, is a manifestation of psychotic behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    Gravedigging posts, like punk music, is a manifestation of psychotic behaviour.

Edited.
    I had to.
    Mili-Tary 33 (33rd Degree Mason, you have to kill people at all times cause people are the enemy)
    Sol-Dier 23 (33rd Degree Mason, killing people is not only fun but patriotic as well, and your duty)
    Penta-Gon 23 (33rd Degree Mason, have to plan the killing of people and make a science of it.)
    Department of Defense 23 (33rd Degree Mason, have to defend yourself and kill people)

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser View Post
    Edited.
    I had to.
    Making little sense like you do is a sign of a schizoid disorder and unattractiveness.
    Last edited by ZeroFire; 07-29-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Banned

I haven't met anyone with that disorder in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
    I haven't met anyone with that disorder in my life.
    Which one?

Default I agree

That is how the world is sometimes.

PLEASE *SHARE* THIS PETITION TO GET THE WORD OUT!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/liliths-law

SUPPORT A BILL TO THE SENATE TO MAKE NARCISSISM A CRIME PUNISHABLE BY "ALIMONY", "REPARATIONS" AND "JAIL TIME".

IN ORDER TO FOR THE SENATE TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY...SIGNATURES OF SUPPORTERS ARE NEEDED TO ACCOMPANY THIS BILL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12