Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I lost 75lbs in 7 months by doing two simple things- Portion control and Exercise. There's no way to get around it- exercise is the key, it helps your circulation, your oxygen intake, and it burns calories in a healthy way. And by exercise I mean cardio- find something you like that involves running or jogging and do it for at least 5 hours a week (try to do it 6 days a week). Your body doesn't start burning calories from exercise until about 20-30 minutes into that exercise- so make sure you have enough time to run or jog for about an hour. My personal pleasure is basketball. Eat what you normally would (unless you have health problems in which case see a nutritionist) but you have to make sure to get in the routine of eating less. When I was 255lbs, I would eat 6-8 slices of pizza in a sitting- that's just not healthy whichever way you look at it. So what I did was I started to eat until I was half full, and I ate slowly- instead of eating a pie, I'd have two slices and I'd go play some basketball.
    Another helpful tip, eat your biggest meal of the day in the morning- I would wake up and make myself eggs, toast with juice and a bowl of fruit on the side. This way you're energized in the morning, and as you go about your day you'll burn those calories naturally.
    The key to the whole thing was I bought a digital scale. And every night I would weigh myself before I went to sleep. It took about a week of doing all the above, but then I started to see results. Pound by pound I was getting somewhere, and the ability to see it happening motivated me to keep it up. You have to get into a routine, however you choose to lose- and that will take about a week to 2 weeks of consistently staying in your routine before it just becomes a natural part of how you live. Let me tell you, losing all that weight was the greatest accomplishment of my life- if my lazy ass can do it, anyone can.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    What we have here, is a failure to communicate.

Dislike wars 2.0

Healthy foods, daily exercise ect.

Not even a newbie yet...

Healthy diet- Try avoiding processed food, FAST FOODS, and fatty foods of course. Organic foods such as organic veggies and non-processed foods are good for the body. Fruits are <3 too. Drink lots of water (it helps you for a proper digestion)

Daily exercise- Try to walk atleast 2miles a day. Do some jogging/running during the weekend.
    **and if you can, do as much push ups you can do in a min. then do sit-ups after that. (just takes 2mins of your everyday life)

and a positive aura. :>

and another thing.. I've been drinking water at least 3Litres a day. It really helped me to lose those weight I gained during the Christmas break. =))) And another thing, if you have slow metabolism, try eating spicy foods. Chili helps to make your metabolism faster.

trust me. it works (well, for me tho) I used to be sooooo big. My friends and family would always tease me.. :'(((
    You dont need to stop eating. Have some chocolates and sodas once in a while. Just live a healthy lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by KillTheChickenz!! View Post
    Your body doesn't start burning calories from exercise until about 20-30 minutes into that exercise- so make sure you have enough time to run or jog for about an hour.
    10 minutes of doing something like sparring would be comparable to 30 minutes of jogging if i had to guess.

intensity x duration + metabolic rate = weight lost

tbh i just made up that little equation but id challenge anyone here to disprove it. intensity of the exercise plays a key role in how many calories you burn i.e. swimming for an hour beats jogging for an hour. but since my metabolism is naturally incredibly fast, i'd burn more calories than someone who's naturally overweight, so it is a relevant variable in losing weight. it's why i can eat an entire pizza to myself with four red bulls without gaining much fat. we've all seen 'that skinny kid' back in high school who ate like a sumo wrestler but never gained a pound, i was one of them.

for building muscle though on a bulking diet a meat lovers pizza is pretty ideal, with a half gallon of milk.

What I do to stay in shape is go to the gym 3 times a week and I meet with an personal trainer twice a week. But I work on abs, cardio, and tone different days and alternate. I swim and dance to losss weight. Try saunna work outs to. Also drinks lots of water watch the carbs.
    Last edited by 12valve; 07-27-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

According to your life-style, if you need 2000 calories a day to sustain your weight, eat fewer calories. You can get into all the metabolism issues, if you choose. But, basic principles of food in-take, most nutritionists agree...it's all about caloric in-take in the end.

You cannot take out them yourself, you must go to doctor or else you can remove this by using nail clippers pretty fast.
    Last edited by 12valve; 07-27-2012 at 04:55 AM.

if they're skinny, then they don't do weight loss. They only just doing cardio like I do, but very intense.

You must be alert ,as this may be cause of some dangerous disease,So you must consult a right surgeon as soon as possible.

Last edited by Mariah; 08-22-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: removed link

Hello Members,

A healthy weight loss programme is incomplete without a good exercise routine, and weight training mixed with cardio is the best way to lose weight. Of course, variations and forms exist, but any workout that stresses on muscle tone and increased heart rate will always help you lose weight and keep it off. You can either start a home workout today, or rely on gyms for fitness training. Drink plenty of water. You have known that your body relies heavily on water for all important bodily functions, and yet you skimp on drinking adequate quantities of water every day. Well, it's time to stop that. Check out some exciting ways to make water interesting and you will be packing it away in no time. Do not forget to carry a water bottle to your workout, and take a few sips after every 2-3 minutes of exercise.

Thanks and Regards,
    Charle Goster
    mostuwant[dot]com

Default biours

There are some other products can help to loss weight. slimming patch

my doc told me that its what I eat that really plays an important role on weight loss. She said eat healthy and it'll help. I've also cut out all soda.

Speechless

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    I have a skin tag growing just inside my nostril, and want to know if there is a home remedy to remove it?

Just be careful

Not even a newbie yet...

For well over 90% of us, and maybe all of us, "will power" in losing weight works only for awhile, and then, like trying to hold your breath, the body wins and the mind is defeated.

The maxim is once you put on the weight, the body wants to put it on again and will trick you all sorts of ways, such as reducing metabolism, making you feel too tired to exercise, food cravings just as strong as any drug addiction, and so on. We end up in a yo-yo pattern that is harder for the health than just accepting the weight (and usually gall stones as well from the repeated rapid weight losses).

This basic knowledge can be found, in spite of the diet industry's millions spent trying to get you to go on their programs. Yes, you do lose the weight, but in a year or so it is back -- look at the celebrities who have this problem -- surely they have the resources to overcome it, but they don't (I remember Jackie Gleason losing all the weight and celebrating it on TV, but a year later it was back and perhaps the strain is what killed him). Oprah Winfrey is another example -- and she clearly has the resources and intelligence and strength of will, but this is all not enough.

My advice to young people is to watch your weight -- it sneaks up on you a pound or three a year, and in twenty years you are fat. At that point it is really too late -- diets just don't keep it off permanently and exercise becomes a horrible burden instead of being fun when you have a body determined to get the weight back (and, perversely, a little more for insurance). Trouble is, this is a recipe for bulimia and so on, so I would say don't go overboard worrying about your weight either and ruin your health other ways.

Anyway this is what I have concluded after years of painful struggle and defeat over and over. I weight what I weigh, and work hard to keep from adding more pounds. I eat almost nothing but veggies and a few carbohydrates and fish, and try to stay active, but I don't try to lose weight any more. We have an illusion that it is just will power -- well maybe we have free will but not against the evolved processes of our bodies (which evolved dealing with food scarcity, not food abundance).

You exercise and refrain from eating garbage one pound takeaway pizza with chocolate.

Yes, we have all the machines to make you fit and healthy. We have machines for biceps, triceps...back, abs...
    But do we have a machine to exercise your brain?
    Don't change your passion for glory.

Drink lots of water!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234