Intermediate Member
    Over The Rainbow in a Pot of Gold next to the Leprechaun that wants to Eat You :)
    Blog Entries

Default Clones and Trolling

Lately in the lesbian chat room, there has been quite a few incidents of cloning and trolling with that person's name. In quite a few cases the person who is being cloned does not talk to anyone else outside of this chat room and is therefore shunned when they get their name back because they have no way to prove it wasn't them. I know personally, I was cloned two separate times yesterday and if not for the fact that I DO talk to some people in there outside of the room, I'd have been ignored and shunned for all of the things the clone said using my name. If there was a mandatory sign up and log in to get into the rooms, password protected, then this kind of thing wouldn't happen. It might drop attendance a bit but it will make the room a lot better. How many people will logically go through the process of signing up etc just to go trolling or spamming in a room?
    ~Patrone~
    [IMG]https://i48.*******.com/hsmhw9.jpg[/IMG]

Dislike wars 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by softbutch View Post
    Lately in the lesbian chat room, there has been quite a few incidents of cloning and trolling with that person's name. In quite a few cases the person who is being cloned does not talk to anyone else outside of this chat room and is therefore shunned when they get their name back because they have no way to prove it wasn't them. I know personally, I was cloned two separate times yesterday and if not for the fact that I DO talk to some people in there outside of the room, I'd have been ignored and shunned for all of the things the clone said using my name. If there was a mandatory sign up and log in to get into the rooms, password protected, then this kind of thing wouldn't happen. It might drop attendance a bit but it will make the room a lot better. How many people will logically go through the process of signing up etc just to go trolling or spamming in a room?
    Don't think anyone will, I s***est you use a character map for your name so people find it hard to clone you. Trolling happens in all of the chat rooms, you just have to get over it.

Speechless

If a system can be implemented that would reduce the amount of troublesome guests entering and disrupting the rooms then that must be a positive situation. I've heard it mentioned before that having people login to enter a room would reduce attendance. So what? If the freaks don't bother coming anymore then what's been lost. If it makes for a more ordered room and a place where people could chat without disruption that in itself will attract more like minded people to join. Let's face it,in adult chat with 200 people in there posting in public,most of which is just crap,no one can chat because if moves to quickly.
    If you have nothing good to say ,say nothing at all.

Dislike wars 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_au_44 View Post
    If a system can be implemented that would reduce the amount of troublesome guests entering and disrupting the rooms then that must be a positive situation. I've heard it mentioned before that having people login to enter a room would reduce attendance. So what? If the freaks don't bother coming anymore then what's been lost. If it makes for a more ordered room and a place where people could chat without disruption that in itself will attract more like minded people to join. Let's face it,in adult chat with 200 people in there posting in public,most of which is just crap,no one can chat because if moves to quickly.
    400-500+ users on Teen Chat on most of the day, daily attendance easy. You just need to get over it.

Intermediate Member
    Over The Rainbow in a Pot of Gold next to the Leprechaun that wants to Eat You :)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy. View Post
    400-500+ users on Teen Chat on most of the day, daily attendance easy. You just need to get over it.
    Why be forced to deal with annoying interruptions if there is something that can be done about it?
    ~Patrone~

Bronze Member

Theres always an answer on how to "fix" the issues involved. But..... Theres always a way around that answer to continue the issue involved. Its a lose lose situation.
    <3 June 29, 2013 <3

Dislike wars 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by calichic View Post
    Theres always an answer on how to "fix" the issues involved. But..... Theres always a way around that answer to continue the issue involved. Its a lose lose situation.
    So true, it's something people need to get over with.

Banned

Don't let these idiots bother you.

Chat Avenue is run by lazy morons.

They can't take the time and money to fix anything.

It's not because they are incapable, it's just beyond them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post

Being a hater
    I do that though, just character map you're name and its hard to clone then

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KaLaBoRaTiVe. View Post
    Being a hater
    Or you know, Chat Avenue can stop being a fat ass and do something about it...

Dislike wars 2.0

Totally agreed, more change is needed!

I think the issue of registration has been brought up many times. I tend to agree but it still wouldn't stop the sort of problems being described I dont think. Im a video chat room user and the trolling in there sometimes is unbelievable, and just recently aimed at the mods who do there best to keep the room clean. Surley tho there must b someway to trap the post and runners

Intermediate Member

I bet out of the tens of thousands of people that are actually registered on the forums, 85% of them only made an account to ask an admin to be a mod, delete all the users who haven't been active for over a year.

^ completely pointless to this thread but w/e

OT: Just add a damn captcha =\

Intermediate Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by αמđяэשּׂ View Post
    I bet out of the tens of thousands of people that are actually registered on the forums, 85% of them only made an account to ask an admin to be a mod, delete all the users who haven't been active for over a year.

^ completely pointless to this thread but w/e

OT: Just add a damn captcha =\
    I don't think a captcha will be helpful because there are plenty of people that troll the rooms that are people. They could easily by-pass that.
    ~Patrone~

I actually lol'd at this.

Quote Originally Posted by KaLaBoRaTiVe. View Post
    Being a hater
    True. Just use character map.