Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Minecraft....those dam creepers creep me

nekopara vol. 0

I am a Mindsweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by welcometotheedge View Post
    nekopara vol. 0
    It's so scary, yo. Too scary 5 me.

We accelerate, it appears that heaven has been abandoned.

Video Games Chat Mod

The Evil Within was pretty intense.

Hopefully nobody minds me bumping a somewhat older thread, but a couple of candidates come to mind, and I think the thread is an interesting one:

Condemned: Criminal Origins. What made this game so scary in it's own unique way was how gritty and realistic it is relative to other classics of the genre like Resident Evil. Being jumped by some homicidal homeless person with a lead pipe who wants to kill you simply because he's insane is not outside the realm of possibility (although it is outside the realm of probability, thankfully), so it's easier to put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist and sort of "connect" with the action that's happening. Really scary game; not the type to play with the lights off, for sure. I also love how they rationed your access to weapons and ammo, so that you really had to fend for yourself.

Dead Space 1: Terrifying game, easily the scariest in the series, and the one with the most "Jump out of your seat" moments. The Necromorphs are really terrifying enemies for starters, and the fact that they can come from out of nowhere and get you when you least expect it makes them all the more so. Another thing I like, just like I did with condemned, is how they rationed your ammo. You had a set amount of ammo, and if you didn't use it wisely, you'd be up the creek without a paddle. One last thing I enjoyed was how Isaac wasn't your stereotypical "tough guy". He was a normal guy thrown into a situation he never asked to be in, who more or less *had* to become a hero. Stereotypical badasses are a dime a dozen, so I thought that was a nice change of pace.
    Last edited by Jordan Garrett; 04-07-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Moderator
    A world where fashion outshines morality.
    Blog Entries

Jordan, I fully support your vote for Condemned. I have metaphorically shat my pants several times playing that game.

slenderman game
    i hate him to
    pew pew pew

Singles Chat Admin/UM

Plants vs zombies 2

That dr zomboss is one scary dude. I thought he was gong to be more crazy dr than scary dr.

thanks drewyyyyyyy

Senior Newbie

I haven't played too many scary games but watched a few being played: Resident Evil and Doom; although I hear that Dead Island was scary.
    Have a great day!! Dreams are a portal into a reality we want to live in. God have mercy on the man who doubts what he is sure of...

In real life
    Last edited by Fooled; 05-07-2016 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJayPee View Post
    Jizzmo and the Cukumber

That video is now banned in 122 countries, aswell as being the number one cause of nausea and distress in the Western world.

Jeez, it'd have to be Fatal Frame Series. That **** was crazy.

UNLEASH THE PANDAS!!!!

Mine must have been Resident Evil 1 on the Playstation 1.
    Never played any horror games after that actually although there are plenty scary ones out there.
    Like Amnesia for example.
    Think I'l going to catch up with horror games when VR is not an early adopter thing anymore
    Last edited by Innerpeace; 06-09-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Not even a newbie yet...
    Blog Entries

Not scary, IMO ~ but my favorite horror games are Dead Space (all 3) and the first three Silent Hill games.
    ~ Sanguine

To the precipice and the abyss where all the village and all the world fell abruptly into the unechoing emptiness of infinity ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Speechless

If you've replied to this thread with anything other than Silent Hill, you're wrong.

I talk too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal-Killaa View Post
    If you've replied to this thread with anything other than Silent Hill, you're wrong.
    Omg you’re still here too! ☺️

The Evil Within 1 and 2.
    I almost pee’d myself a few times, oh and I can’t play zombie games, they scare the crap out of me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123