Speechless

Default Ways to better save money

I'm 18 working a minimum wage, mundane job, I want to save up as much money as quickly as possible. What are some of your best money saving/making tips and tricks please?

Forum God

You can start off by setting up a budget.

Intermediate Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Cool

Do not do drugs or parties... and don't fall in love... trust me these are some of the best ways you can actually save a lot and I mean a LOT of money.

~: Never be a Richard Cranium :~

Video Chat Mod

A budget like someone said would be awesome.
    Also, bring your lunch instead of buying it, unless you're getting free food everyday of course.

If you have bills, pay them as soon as they come in... like rent, cellphone bill, energy bill etc, and then focus on things you need not WANT.
    Same goes with everything else. If you think you want something, put it down.. focus on things you need like paying bills, food, necessities and such and you should be fine. All that money you have saved will be racking up in no time.

I talk too much!
    Blog Entries

do NOT eat out or go out with friends! work 2 or 3 jobs so you dont even have time to go out.

Not even a newbie yet...
    way down in da meadow in an itty-bitty pool

Everyone has given you great advice. I will add a couple of things that have helped me save. If you don't have a savings account, open one. If your employer offers direct deposit use it, most banks will give you free checking if you do this. I have my bank transfer money from my checking to my savings every month. Once you have figured out your budget you will know what amount to have transferred each month. Using cash to pay for groceries and other necessities has been proven to cause people to spend less. It has something to do with the fact that you are physically touching the money, handing it over. You are more likely to skip getting junk food and other items that you don't need. I hope this helps and good luck!
    Turn hate into love,
    Greed into generosity,
    And cruelty into kindness.

I talk too much!
    Blog Entries

Well i live in new york, so whenever free interesting things happen in nyc i jump on the opportunity.
    Where Did My Signature Go!?

Senior Newbie

Start collecting unwanted pennies

Put it into a savings account, obviously, or when you go out only bring a necessity amount of cash with you.

Junior Chatterbox

Get a friend to go halves on a Sam's membership card. That way you both get a card.

Buying in bulk can save.

Get together with a few friends and take them shopping with you and agree what you'll divide up amongst you.
    Be careful what you think, for you may say it.
    Be careful what you say, for you may do it.
    Be careful what you do, for you will become it.

Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Me, personally, at my job.... $20 goes to gas every week... Every other week, I will spend on myself... Every week, however, I put cash back on what needs paid off.... I have a car payment (am $800 away) and what I have done is I get paid one week, I put $200 automatically towards the car, and the rest in gas getting to work and for lunches... The next week, I use the money on groceries and whatever else I need (as well as gas)... Etc, etc. You just need to PRIORITIZE what you need to put back, and what comes second.
    Isaiah 53:5 <3

Speechless

there are many ways, like buying and selling currency or shares but its for educated and intelligent people.

i think you must make an account in bank where you can deposit 10% of your salary to it every month and not withdraw it until for 5 years or 10 years like making a commitment to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Miktrick1000 View Post
    I'm 18 working a minimum wage, mundane job, I want to save up as much money as quickly as possible. What are some of your best money saving/making tips and tricks please?
    I know it may seem unethical, but I strongly recommend that you sell weed. It's not only quick and easy money, but it's a lot better than having a boss or employer (who are typically rude).

I also recommend that you host parties and have people pay you when they enter. You can easily make over $2000 in one night.

Speechless

The best way is not to expense money without any need.

Senior Chatterbox

don't get a gf, don't have children, eat your meals at home, car pool, pay all your bills first and don't buy yourself **** unless you really need it maybe get another job if you can handle feeling like death

May be start saving with investing your extra money with either mortgage or some investment of any sort. Because the more you save the more you will be able to get yourself contained. You can get mortgage with even basic wage. you might want to have a look at bankstatementsediting.com here you can have your paystubs edited and bank statements edited to get mortgage approved.

He's 18. I hardly think he's gonna take on wall St. Investment funds. Look for best interest percentage u can get on your money.

Singles Chat Admin/UM

since the OP hasnt logged in since may of 2015 it doesnt look like he's coming back to retrieve this advice.

2 yr old thread closed.

thanks drewyyyyyyy