Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by purplerose View Post
    Pros:
    1. the pop up at login with the warning to read the rules. it should also state the age limit for the room in the box
    2. the capctha
    3. easy to find video, mic, pic and send buttons
    4. the : for emotes
    5. the size of the attachments = excellent
    6. the flood control? <<< this is an "i think" i did this 3 ways typing something long ass and it truncated it. then typing 1 button forever, then emotes. all three times they were truncated. i couldnt upload attachments quick enough for it to be considered a flood based on SC rules but im sure it could happen.
    7. truncating/editing links
    8. the highest font point being 14
    9. the uploading of profile pics is awesome
    10. ease of reporting peoples post.
    11. ability to locally save pm messages

Cons:
    1. NO AUTO SCROLL- no option to even turn it on or off
    2. reply to buttons- turn off the quote option we dont need to quote the person we just need to tag them like whats currently in the flash rooms
    3. playing devils advocate- there is more than 2 genders.. if you dont want to list them all you should include a 3rd all inclusive one .. js
    4. NO SENSOR
    5. no ability to time stamp
    6. when choosing a color from the options it doesnt show up in that color in the main room
    7. add background color it is way to white
    8. longer mute times.

also note: i did not actually try the video/mic options also please set up auto bot with a link to each rooms rules. or at the least allow copy/paste of links from c/a. mod/admins need to have a colored name so they are distinguishable from actual users also+ why isnt the users name added to the list i.e. i am labeled user A but the list only shows users B,C,D,E. it annoys me.

Cons:

please elaborate....its working the same way as flashchat. you move the scroll bar to the bottom it auto scrolls, you move it up slightly you can view previous history until you move it to the bottom again.

2. reply to buttons- turn off the quote option we dont need to quote the person we just need to tag them like whats currently in the flash rooms

this was a popular feature when we had that other chat we tested for a month or two

3. playing devils advocate- there is more than 2 genders.. if you dont want to list them all you should include a 3rd all inclusive one .. js

they can leave it blank..its always optional.

4. NO SENSOR

there is a word censor/filter...we just haven't added words to it yet.

not sure what you mean by this

6. when choosing a color from the options it doesnt show up in that color in the main room

It works fine for me, you need to press OK

we will have this in the future, it is just the base theme now.

8. longer mute times.

We can set this to whatever we want...
    "No, you can't be a mod!"

Singles Chat Admin/UM

Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    Cons:

please elaborate....its working the same way as flashchat. you move the scroll bar to the bottom it auto scrolls, you move it up slightly you can view previous history until you move it to the bottom again.

this was a popular feature when we had that other chat we tested for a month or two

they can leave it blank..its always optional.

4. NO SENSOR

there is a word censor/filter...we just haven't added words to it yet.

not sure what you mean by this

It works fine for me, you need to press OK

we will have this in the future, it is just the base theme now.

8. longer mute times.

We can set this to whatever we want...
    1. auto scroll was not working when i was visiting. no matter what i did to make it scroll. it would just put a pop up at the bottom of the chat that said "2 new messages" "4 new messages" and id have to manually scroll to read them. id get you a s/s but you took it offline.

2. the amount of extra space it took up on the screen was a huge turn off. tagging with the @ sign as its highlighted gives the room a more clean modern look.

4. the 4 basics need to be added, i understand beta but before they go live its needed.

5. i do admit there were a jumble of numbers between the reply and flag button but they didnt look like a time stamp. if possible, put this at the beginning of the line of text and sync it to SERVER time. again id s/s for you but its offline.

6. i did not see an ok button, this could be user error but others were reporting bad/larger than normal screen sizes and missing buttons as well.

7. remember singles chat is NOT, i repeat NOT, hot pink. we are more of a muted mauve. and yes the color of the room is part of the room, its like the regular that never leaves. dont go getting any ideas thinking your gonna change it up. the natives are VERY finicky about change, there's already threats about leaving just at hints and smells of change , and we know how much you love your user retention.

thanks drewyyyyyyy

Video Chat Mod

I am a Video Chatroom Moderator, and I am unable to log into my Moderator account. Why is that?

Universal Forum Mod
    Blog Entries

Can’t Csan or another Video mod tell you?
    ❤LPO

finally. been wondering when beta testing will be over and we can go back to using chat on our cell phones. will religion be allowed to be talked about in the main chat rooms?? i mean it IS an american right. it's the first ammendment. the freedom of speech and religion. it's sad to see so many of our rights being taken away. i mean, it's sad really. i mean, of course i think it should be monitored, but SOME people enjoy talking about god to an extent. why should it be ok to talk about sex and gay rights and then get kicked when we talk about god and religion?? you cant force us to talk about sex and gay rights. that's not right at all. just a suggestion.
    Last edited by tweet69; 11-23-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweet69 View Post
    finally. been wondering when beta testing will be over and we can go back to using chat on our cell phones. will religion be allowed to be talked about in the main chat rooms?? i mean it IS an american right. it's the first ammendment. the freedom of speech and religion. it's sad to see so many of our rights being taken away. i mean, it's sad really. i mean, of course i think it should be monitored, but SOME people enjoy talking about god to an extent. why should it be ok to talk about sex and gay rights and then get kicked when we talk about god and religion?? you cant force us to talk about sex and gay rights. that's not right at all. just a suggestion.
    Freedom of speech and religion doesn't apply to a private company, sorry to burst your bubble.

when people dont know any other way of life it is. that's why y'all cant keep users. taking away american rights is bs. it's an every day thing for some people. and kicking them for something they're used to doing is wrong. while everyone else gets to talk about whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by tweet69 View Post
    when people dont know any other way of life it is. that's why y'all cant keep users. taking away american rights is bs. it's an every day thing for some people. and kicking them for something they're used to doing is wrong. while everyone else gets to talk about whatever they want.
    Not everyone is American though lol. And most of the chats are doing pretty well getting new users.

Look at me

I am the admin now.
    The current demise of Chat-Avenue chatrooms in a nutshell due to a lack of professionalism:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456