Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Chat Updates are coming!

Hello #1 Chat Avenue:

Over the course of the next few days, we will have some changes to our chat rooms. There will be added smileys and spam protection. Also, new security measures will be put in place.

The rooms changed so far are:

ALL ROOMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED NOW!

I will be updating this list as soon as I get word more chats are being upgraded. After the upgrades there will be further upgrades to make the chats even better so stay tuned.

If you cannot connect to any of the above rooms, then chances you are experiencing a caching issue. Basically you are saving your old history and connecting to the old chat room. To avoid this issue please make sure you clear your browser cache and refresh the page.

Depending on which browser you are using, there are different ways to clear your cache. As they say...."Google it"
    Last edited by Chatmaster; 06-08-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    "No, you can't be a mod!"

Forum Moderator
    A world where fashion outshines morality.
    Blog Entries

Clearing cache in Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...82?en=en&hl=en

Clearing cache in Firefox

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-firefox-cache

Clearing cache in Internet Explorer 9,10,11

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Default Downdate more like it

Keeps feeling more broken and broken as you update. Your mods don't seem care and the new features to stop spammers while the only people in the chat now seem to be spammers. Can't scroll down the name list, can't paste, and pretty much a couple 1000 people wonder wtf happened since they won't check the forums. Please fix this and give your mods the power to ban. Tired of underagers, pedos, and cam girls taking up 90% of the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 23 View Post
    Keeps feeling more broken and broken as you update. Your mods don't seem care and the new features to stop spammers while the only people in the chat now seem to be spammers. Can't scroll down the name list, can't paste, and pretty much a couple 1000 people wonder wtf happened since they won't check the forums. Please fix this and give your mods the power to ban. Tired of underagers, pedos, and cam girls taking up 90% of the main.
    comments like that usually come from spammers.....why do you need to paste? So you can repeatedly ask the same thing over and over? I don't see the scroll down the name list problem you speak of.

Default Yep I'm totally a spammer.

Want to see my webcam only $20 per hour on Skype. But seriously having the paste taken away does effect some chats, sharing links and other things shouldn't be taken away because of spammers. The scrolling issue only happens in Adult Chat for me. I will click on a name then start to scroll down after a couple of names it will go back to the name I had originally clicked. If I click on the bottom name it will automatically scroll that to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorOfTheW0rld View Post
    Not speaking for anyone other than myself, but I personally find the option to paste to be really helpful when it comes to redirecting the users to the full list of rules on here. Personally, I feel it'd be far more efficient to simply give a user a link than to take 10 or so minutes typing out 25 or so rules that individually do not even fit inside the word count allowed per comment on the chat room therefore making me flood the chat room with four or so messages before I can simply list one rule in full to a user, but that's just my opinion and stuff...
    I use pasting frequently in Singles Chat, mainly to give out advisories as to what isn't allowed in the main room, but I also use the paste function to quickly give instructions to users wanting to change their username, their avatar photo, etc. The speed & ease of cutting/pasting saves me much time and I am able to multitask a lot more efficiently. I can see the point of preventing spammers with removing the paste feature, but it's removal will strongly impact my style of modding.

Intermediate Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

I like the chat updates and everything... but CM could you please bring back all the font options? I miss my font... and it is not a complain just from me...

Never be a Richard Cranium

We will improve everything in the future....this is not the final release by any means

I cant get in! I've deleted my cache, browsing history, refreshed, logged out, back in...and nothing.

Any suggestions? :'(
    Find that magical place in your world...and live there.

Not even a newbie yet...

So that's the plan then? Just keep removing feature after feature... Continue making chat less and less enjoyable for everyone? I think everybody who chats uses the paste function at times... not just spammers. Spammers are annoying, but they're pretty easy to deal with. By removing all these features, you've given the spammers all the power. Now they've ruined chat permanently.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 2BorN2B View Post
    I cant get in! I've deleted my cache, browsing history, refreshed, logged out, back in...and nothing.

I've tried entering LC a couple times. It only does this here for me. Anyone know a fix? I've tried the cache thing.
    What am I gonna do now that chat's down? Time to get a life

Intermediate Member

^^ I'm with E. I still can't get in after clearing everything.

Silver Member

what if u have cleared all ur browsing history etc and u are still getting connection failed what do u do then

Not even a newbie yet...

Here is my opinion:

The removal of copy paste has not reduced the spam levels in gay chat. This change is horrific and not though out at all. The admins and moderators should have access to copy/paste because it allows us to clearly display the rules in general chat when needed.

Moderators cannot change avatars. How is this useful? Why was it removed? Please explain the logic behind this.

Silent mute was removed. I disliked this feature but used it as it marginally reduced the spam in a room. Why exactly was it removed? Will it be brought back?

New smiles! The only cool feature.

The user list of names does "slides". After awhile in the chat, if you have your name selected for example and go and try to scroll down the list will slide back to your name. Quite annoying.

I feel since I've become a mod over two months ago, our ability to effectively do our job diminish with an erosion of powers and a loosening of rules.

Speechless

I'm glad there are updates being made to reduce spamming but not being able to copy/cut and paste is extremely frustrating.

To address the question of "why" one needs to copy/paste (as asked above):

I have a tendency to cut text I was writing, to reply to a different person first before sending my original message. Now everything just feels a bit awkward. It's also used to repost whispers incase someone missed it the first time, send music links to people (in whisper), etc etc.

I'm surprised that explaining the usage of copy/paste in a chat environment is even necessary. I thought it was a given. I do understand that this update stops people from flooding the room with repeat messages or links, though. Which is great! However combined with the character limit, it's making chat rather restrictive.

Would it be possible to have the expanded character allowance back now? Considering you can't copy/paste at least now you know that paragraphs of text will be part of actual conversation rather than spam blocks.

I suppose it doesn't matter since the primary revenue for this website comes from Adult Chat and the advertisement clicks in that room. So you don't really need active regulars in some of these rooms for you to continue hosting a profitable website for yourself. Obviously you can change what you'd like but I don't see many regs hanging around if chatting becomes this difficult on CHAT site. Which would be a shame.

Also is there a reason why restricted words like "c**t", "f*g", and "n**g*r" still haven't been censored in the rooms mods are required to mute for them? All these updates, blocking of certain font colors, plus a link to some random radio thing in College Chat, but the censored words are still available for use? Strange.

Not to mention that since the copy-paste function was blocked, it seems to cause this weird glitch where selecting an entire sentence for deletion doesn't always work at first.

It'd be cool if we get a couple more of the basic fonts back as well. Times New Roman, Verdana, Georgia and Comic Sans are all fairly default so I think they would display just fine if returned to the font menu.

I will say this though:

As the "Insomniac" I love that new Sleepy Z's emote! (also the cam requests are still the best update thus far)

Last edited by Insomniac; 06-08-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: correcting typos
    - Zzz -

The chatting experience has been quite horrible since these updates flowed in. Im sticking to my forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    I'm glad there are updates being made to reduce spamming but not being able to copy/cut and paste is extremely frustrating.

To address the question of "why" one needs to copy/paste (as asked above):

I have a tendency to cut text I was writing, to reply to a different person first before sending my original message. Now everything just feels a bit awkward. It's also used to repost whispers incase someone missed it the first time, send music links to people (in whisper), etc etc.

I'm surprised that explaining the usage of copy/paste in a chat environment is even necessary. I thought it was a given. I do understand that this update stops people from flooding the room with repeat messages or links, though. Which is great! However combined with the character limit, it's making chat rather restrictive.

Would it be possible to have the expanded character allowance back now? Considering you can't copy/paste at least now you know that paragraphs of text will be part of actual conversation rather than spam blocks.

I suppose it doesn't matter since the primary revenue for this website comes from Adult Chat and the advertisement clicks in that room. So you don't really need active regulars in some of these rooms for you to continue hosting a profitable website for yourself. Obviously you can change what you'd like but I don't see many regs hanging around if chatting becomes this difficult on CHAT site. Which would be a shame.

Also is there a reason why restricted words like "c**t", "f*g", and "n**g*r" still haven't been censored in the rooms mods are required to mute for them? All these updates, blocking of certain font colors, plus a link to some random radio thing in College Chat, but the censored words are still available for use? Strange.

Not to mention that since the copy-paste function was blocked, it seems to cause this weird glitch where selecting an entire sentence for deletion doesn't always work at first.

It'd be cool if we get a couple more of the basic fonts back as well. Times New Roman, Verdana, Georgia and Comic Sans are all fairly default so I think it'd be good to have them back.

I will say this though:

As the "Insomniac" I love that new Sleepy Z's emote! (also the cam requests are still the best update thus far)

Basically this little gaylord of mine pointed out everything I was gonna say.

Singles Chat Admin/UM

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Me View Post

Quote Originally Posted by -E- View Post

I've tried entering LC a couple times. It only does this here for me. Anyone know a fix? I've tried the cache thing.
    What am I gonna do now that chat's down? Time to get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by gothicchk52 View Post
    ^^ I'm with E. I still can't get in after clearing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by vonnie View Post
    what if u have cleared all ur browsing history etc and u are still getting connection failed what do u do then
    google "how to clear flash cache".

if you have ADBOE FLASH try this link https://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569 follow the instructions then restart your browser

thanks drewyyyyyyy

Video Chat Mod

I don't see a god damn thing wrong with this update.
    The only thing I care about is Video Chat's safety, and if this update is keeping the rooms from being redirected(not sure) then so be it.
    I've seen a few mistakes as far as my admin profile, but I've already expressed that in another area. :]

+the ad at the very bottom kind of stinks, but hey.. cm will work it out in the end.

I haven't gotten a chance to test-break..... drive* this update yet, but on the outside looking in, and seeing as how some of these things are changes I requested at one point or another, I'm liking it.
    Room to grow people, and that's coming from me of all chatters.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast