Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Gold Member

So called "Conservatives" is a label Hillary supporters would like to make into a dirty word, but what it really means is support for freedom and tolerance.

Coppula eam, se non posit acceptera jocularum

CoconutsGlow

Intermediate Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
    So called "Conservatives" is a label Hillary supporters would like to make into a dirty word, but what it really means is support for freedom and tolerance.
    Holy****!!!!

Immigration without assimilation is invasion.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

�Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.�
    General Mattis

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo - the Pale Rider View Post
    Holy****!!!!
    Calm down you. I didn't say it because I'm a conservative I said it because what he said was a pointless piece of fluff that could easily be changed to suit any agenda.

Coppula eam, se non posit acceptera jocularum

CoconutsGlow

Not even a newbie yet...

The only way to respond to a pointless piece of fluff is to post another, which I did, except one was true and the other was not. That something can be twisted, as was done, does not make it right or meaningful.

Again, a "liberal" is a person who believes in freedom and tolerance. We see very little of that from modern conservatives, especially if you are black or gay or an immigrant or a refugee -- or of course if you have a "pre-existing condition."

Junior Chatterbox
    Down the back of the sofa in the friendless void.
    Blog Entries

I don't believe it's only been 5 months since Trump was sworn in, feels like a lifetime.

Not even a newbie yet...

At my age time flies by way too fast anyway, and I get ill when I read about Trump, so he doesn't seem to effect me much here in Cambodia, although I do notice he has even here caused a swing of the Cambodian government away from friendship with the US and closer to China. It has to do with things in the environmental and educational and defense areas the Trump people have done that get little attention in the US. It is this accumulation of small idiocies that is as bad as the big ones.

"America first" implies other countries second, and this makes enemies, and pushes friends to get closer to enemies. The policies ensuing have no end of unintended consequences. The American people voted for greed and intolerance, and it will be returned the same way.

Junior Chatterbox
    Down the back of the sofa in the friendless void.
    Blog Entries

All Americans will now have to pay Internet Taxes for the last 23 years. Time to save your pennies folks.

Senior Newbie

I have had enough of Trump. His endless Twitter outbursts like a child throwing a tantrum. Is America great again? What in bloody hell has he done, lets see Repeal and Replace Obamacare, NOPE, He has enabled the spreading of hatred toward different races and nationalities. Oh he did sell arms to Saudi Arabia, which should make the terrorists happy and to Taiwan which should piss China off.
    All of you who support Trump or voted for him, I would like to both punch you in the nose and kick you in the nuts at the same time.

Intermediate Newbie

Love reading the uninformed snowflake postings ...

Immigration without assimilation is invasion.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

�Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.�
    General Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo - the Pale Rider View Post
    Love reading the uninformed snowflake postings ...
    How's that whole "lock her up" thing going buddy?

Not even a newbie yet...

The two hours Putin and Trump spent in private makes me uneasy. Considering Russian behavior in Syria and Ukraine and the domestic murders of his enemies in Russia, Putin is manifestly one of the most evil men in power.

Here's the thing that matters about this whole Trump/Putin meeting - that Trump and Tillerson said they would set up a joint cyber-security committee. With the Russians. The state actors behind most world wide instances of cyberattacks, nevermind the unresolved charges surrounding the 2016 US elections.

Joint. Cyber. Security. With. The. Russians. Who would love nothing more than deeper understanding and access to American cybersecurity and intel.

Here's a hint for the folks in the back not following along - this will not Make America Great Again. It will expose US assets to a just-short-of-actively-hostile foreign power. If this sort of thing was suggested with the Chinese, you'd all be flipping your lids. Russia is no better. Think about it.

How

many

people

were

at

this

bloody

MEETING

Don Jr is an absolute idiot and credit where it's due at least Trump realizes his son is useless and never brings him into anything.

Not even a newbie yet...

Trump is a wheeler-dealer con type without scruples as to who he does business or what he does so long as it puts him on top. I think most business leaders are like that to one degree or another, although most of them are more intelligent and less boorish. The same can be said of most politicians, although the Russian leadership seems genuinely vile, not merely lacking in ethical standards but possessing evil standards. If only the world's leadership could be drawn from those who don't particularly want the position, and have moral standards and are not narcissistic. Oh well, I guess that is too Utopian. All we can hope to do is filter out the worst -- although at the moment the world seems to be largely ruled by a crop of the worst.

Senior Newbie

Good news, Trump has finally solved the Obamacare dilemma. He is calling for a vote to repeal it over two years and by then hopefully the republicans can get that perfect bill, oh wait, just heard that they don't have votes to do any of this. NEVERMIND.

Thank you, American Founding Fathers, to design a system with the foresight that the only way to stop an idiot President and his slightly-less-idiotic but still very malicious friends/sycophants in Congress is to make it so wholly dysfunctional that nothing ever passes unless people kowtow three to five people from quirky states.

Not even a newbie yet...

The US Constitution is well over 200 years old. This is not an achievement -- this is an example of an obsolete document drawn up by a group of self-appointed aristocrats under the influence of Enlightenment thinking. They were good men but what they did was a sloppy mix of aristocracy and plutocracy with a bow here and there to democracy -- kept at arms length.

If nothing else, it is old and obsolete, but it was always pretty much unworkable. Lincoln had to walk all over it to get the war won. No government in recent times has adopted a Presidential system -- they have all gone the Parliamentary route -- where the party in power controls things but must call elections at certain intervals -- and where the Prime Minister can be replaced by simple vote of Parliament.

Trump and his not much better opponent Clinton are examples of the sort of candidate you get under a Presidential system with a long and rather stupid nominating process.

The Constitution itself provides for Constitutional Conventions for rewrites and refreshes, but it is never utilized. Entrenched interests hate the idea.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243