Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite book?

Junior Chatterbox

Default Favorite book?

When I was young I used to read tons of books but the best one I've read has to be Diary of a Wimpy kid . What is your favorite book?

~ ''A hero can be anyone even as a man doing something simple and reassuring ad putting a coat around a little boy's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended''~

Teen Chat Mod

Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore, I definitely recommend this to everyone.

Note: I actually recommend all his work, but let's start here.

HAZE GRAY AND UNDER WAY
    FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS

Not even a newbie yet...
    Blog Entries

My favorite book as a kid was The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury.
    Then the Stand by Stephen King.
    Other favorites ~ pretty much anything by Lovecraft, I enjoy Wrath James White, Edward Lee, Brian Keene and Carlton Mellick III.
    Hard to pick favorites......
    ~ Sanguine

To the precipice and the abyss where all the village and all the world fell abruptly into the unechoing emptiness of infinity ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Gay Chat Mod

I used to be a huge John Grisham fan - Runaway Jury is my favorite book. The movie was great, had an all star cast, but like so many other books-to-film, the book is so much better!

Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

​helen fielding-bridget jones diary

Junior Chatterbox

Quote Originally Posted by Toretto View Post
    I used to be a huge John Grisham fan - Runaway Jury is my favorite book. The movie was great, had an all star cast, but like so many other books-to-film, the book is so much better!
    Toretto, I have all Grisham's books.

I can honestly say I have yet to see a film version of any of them that I would rate as even passable.

That began with, arguably, his best book, 'The Firm' (I see you disagree!) where for some unknown reason Tom Bloody Cruise was (mis)cast as the hero and where the guy they cast as the evil guy on the firm Cruise's character went to work for radiated none of the malevolence that the book ascribed to him.

Gay Chat Mod

Quote Originally Posted by The2Game View Post
    Toretto, I have all Grisham's books.

I can honestly say I have yet to see a film version of any of them that I would rate as even passable.

That began with, arguably, his best book, 'The Firm' (I see you disagree!) where for some unknown reason Tom Bloody Cruise was (mis)cast as the hero and where the guy they cast as the evil guy on the firm Cruise's character went to work for radiated none of the malevolence that the book ascribed to him.
    Yep they screwed the ending of Runaway Jury too! As I said, all star cast, and it was good (I've seen it many times) but nothing compared to the book itself!

I found his best book (but not my over all favorite) to be a his first non-legal piece of writing: A Painted House
    Last edited by Toretto; 11-13-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Junior Chatterbox

Quote Originally Posted by Toretto View Post
    Yep they screwed the ending of Runaway Jury too! As I said, all star cast, and it was good (I've seen it many times) but nothing compared to the book itself!

I found his best book (but not my over all favorite) to be a his first non-legal piece of writing: A Painted House
    Yep, I liked one that, too.

Grisham's books have a shelf all to themselves in my den's wall, ha.

One of his books - The King Of Torts - I have twice.

Tip: Do not, as a known Grisham fan, buy a new Grisham book until you have received that year's Chrissie present from folk who know you are a Grisham fan!

I'd have my Top Three as:

The Firm
    Bleachers
    The King Of Torts

Chatmaster Wannabe
    Blog Entries

I like ra salvatore books
    Đσσɗɭeʐ

Screem
    Hi Doodz

Junior Chatterbox

Does reading the threads count?

~ ''A hero can be anyone even as a man doing something simple and reassuring ad putting a coat around a little boy's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended''~

Junior Chatterbox

All reading is good, The Mad One.

Though prolonged exposure to Chat and Forums might have you beginning to believe that the English language comprises just six or seven expletives!

Me, I am reading the card that tells you what each of the fillings is in the above chocolates.

Any nutted ones go down the gullet of my darling wife.

I get all the liquid ones.

The others, we fight over tooth-and-nail...
    Last edited by The2Game; 11-13-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Has be Micheal wolff's fire and fury. Top besr sellers list already. Starring me, Don Jr the jew son n law me wife and meh dumb as a brick daughter it'll be great read.

Junior Chatterbox

Quote Originally Posted by The2Game View Post
    All reading is good, The Mad One.

Though prolonged exposure to Chat and Forums might have you beginning to believe that the English language comprises just six or seven expletives!

Me, I am reading the card that tells you what each of the fillings is in the above chocolates.

Any nutted ones go down the gullet of my darling wife.

I get all the liquid ones.

The others, we fight over tooth-and-nail...
    Chocolate, my favorite haha. If there's a piece that I'd really really want, we might have to cat fight? Nah just joking.

Senior Newbie

Roots: The Saga of an American Family - Alex Haley

If I upset you don't stress never forget
    That God isn't finished with me yet
    I feel his hand on my brain
    When I write rhymes I go blind and let the Lord do his thing

I enjoy Pride and Prejudice. Both of Mark Lawrence's trilogies. I'm currently reading Kings of the Wyld and I'm loving it.

stephen kings The Stand....without a doubt ...

nice...another person who appreciated The Stand...so surprised i wasnt the only one here...Randall Flagg...awesome dude..and m-o-o-n that spells tom cullen ..and remember Trashcan man?

Speechless

Burke's Sublime and Beautiful is nice; also Virginia's To the Lighthouse; so too Calvino's Cosmicomics.

Right now, I'm reading anything by J.D. Robb, Patricia Cornwell, and Kay Hooper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast