Chatmaster Wannabe
    Blog Entries

every piccy you post is beautiful ^5

☻ĎőőđŁěž☻

Screem
    Hi Doodz

Junior Chatterbox

Quote Originally Posted by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso View Post
    Hardly, it's Ophelia by Arthur Hughes from 1852. In my dreams I will paint like that one day, but today is not that day. And the old guy sleeping with a beard is from the Council Chamber by Burne Jones (just so you know).
    Hope I don't come across as too much of a peasant when I say I'd never heard of Arthur Hughes before!

My fave artists are Monet (once he'd established Impressionism), Van Gogh and Miro - with my three fave paintings (hope Chatmaster lets me copy em over) being:

[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/*********/commons/9/99/Water-Lilies-and-Japanese-Bridge-%281897-1899%29-Monet.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://3.bp.********.com/-1aPK-FHnrhI/Ve4agayTy4I/AAAAAAAABXU/LSOOE3HQEwI/s1600/Paris%2BMusee%2BD%2527Orsay%2BVincent%2Bvan%2BGogh %2B1888%2BStarry%2BNight%2Bover%2Bthe%2BRhone%2B1. jpg[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Drat it didn't!

Junior Chatterbox
    Down the back of the sofa in the friendless void.
    Blog Entries

Default Der Blaue Reiter

So Der Blaue Reiter (or The Blue Rider) was a short lived German art movement founded by Wassily Kandinsky that existed from 1911 to the outbreak of the First World War. It had no strict values nor did the artists involved follow any unified school of painting, total creative freedom of expression was the goal of this group.

I have combined a collection of the artists works for this post, and it is thus somewhat haphazard, as some of the artists involved were extremely prolific while some others were not. The membership of artists in this movement was also somewhat fluid, due to clashes of temperament, it consisted of Russians and Germans, but it also included other Nationalities of artists for brief periods of time, so here we go with the pictures...

Wassily Kandinsky

Top row, left to right: Lady In Moscow (1912); Composition VI (1913); 293 (1913); Landscape with Rain (1913). Bottom row, left to right: Small Pleasures (1913); Composition VII (1913).

Franz Marc

Top Row (left to right): The Blue Horse (1911); Girl with Cat (1912); Mountains (1912); Tiger (1912). Second Row (Right to left): The Enchanted Mill (1913); St. Julian The Hospitaliser (1913)
    Fairy Animals (1913); Fabulous Beasts II (1913). Third Row (left to Right): The Unfortunate Land of Tyrol (1913); The Wolves (Balkan War) (1913). Bottom Row (left to Right): Deer in the Forest (1913); Deer in the Forest II (1914); Fate of the Animals (1914).

Natalia Goncharova

Top row (left to right): Sabbath (1912); Airplane over Train (1913); Cats (1913); Cyclist (1913); Middle Row (left to right): Dynamo Machine (1913) top; Electric Lamp (1913) bottom; Rayonist Lillies (1913); The Weaver (1913); Yellow and Green Forest (1913); Third Row (left to right): Composition (1914); Espagnole (1914); Liturgy, sketch of a costume (1914); Liturgy, six winged Seraph (1914);
    Liturgy, St. Andrew (1914); Liturgy, The Seraph's costume (1914); Bottom Row (left to right); ****erel (1914); Forest (Red-green) (1914); Rabbi with Cat (1912).

Paul Klee

(all 1914) Top row (left to right): Colour Shapes; Hammamet; Hammamet; Red and White Domes; Middle Row (left to right):
    Hammamet with Mosque; Remembrance of a Garden; Bottom Row (left to right): In the Style of Kairouan; Windows and Palm Trees; In the houses of St. Germain.

Robert Delaunay

Top row (left to right): The Eiffel Tower (1911); The Red Tower (1911); Eiffel Tower (1913); Middle Row (left to right): The City of Paris (1912); Window (1912); Rhythm (1912); Windows open Simultaneously (1912); Bottom Row (left to right); The Three Graces (1912); Woman with Umbrella (1913); Simultaneous Windows (1912); Homage to Bleriot (1914).

August Macke

Complicated but this goes in order of left to right, top to bottom: Couple in the woods (1912); Russian Ballet (1912); Big Zoo, Triptych (1913); Garden Restaurant (1912); Sunny Way (1913); Zoological Garden I (1913); Children and Sunny Trees (1913); Colourful Shapes (two versions) (1913); In Front of the Hat Shop (1913); People at the Blue Lake (1913); Promenade (1913); Woman with a Yellow Jacket (1913); Tightrope Walker (1914); Woman in a Green Jacket (1913); Fashion Store (1914); Farewell (1914); Girl in the Greenery (1914); At the Garden Table (1914); Dealer with Jugs (1914); In The Bazar (1914); In the Temple Hall (1914); Man with Donkey (1914); Market in Algiers (1914).

Alexej von Jawlensky

Top row (left to right):
    Portrait of a Woman (1912); Pale Woman with Red Hair (1912); Head in Blue (1912); Spanish Girl (1912). Bottom Row (left to right): The Thinking Woman (1912); Woman with a Green Fan (1912); Head in Black and Green (1913); The Blue Mantilla (1913).

Albert Bloch & Others

Top Row (left to right): Albert Bloch, Duel (1912); The Four Pierrots (1912); Summer Night (1913); The Green Dress (1913);
    Marianne von Werefkin, Catholic Church of St. Anne in Vilnius (1912);

Second Row (left to right):
    Heinrich Campendonk, Still life with Head (1914); Man with Red Top Hat and Woman (1912); Bucolic Landscape (1913); The Balcony (1913); Emil Nolde, Candle Dancers (1912); The Missionary (1912); Gabriele Munter, Black Mask with Rose (1912);

Third Row (left to Right): Lyonel Feininger, Bathers on The Beach (1912); Harbor Mole (1913); David Burliuk, Cossack Mamai (1912); Love and Peace (1914);

Bottom Row (left to right): Lyonel Feininger, Cyclists (1912); On The Bridge (1913); David Burliuk, Landscape (1912).
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 02-28-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Naming all the damn pictures...

Chatmaster Wannabe
    Blog Entries

^^ lovely please don't critize yourself lol good to see you

☻ĎőőđŁěž☻

Screem
    Hi Doodz

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Untitled Experiment No.1

Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-01-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Bit pretentious, why don't you go back to drawing superheroes?...

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Harlequin 1901 Revisited

I began this almost a year ago now, the early version is post two on this thread and it is far too mannered and respectful when I look at it now so I repainted it. Two versions to choose from this time...

You know it took Picasso about a day to paint this originally, right?
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 02-28-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Don't even start...

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Untitled Experiment No.2

which for some reason I called No.6 when done originally. But yes, a pencil sketch of mine I'm painting over just because I felt the need to make something more out of it.

btw, I know it's too flat in relation of the face and the hair and there is no contouring of the eyes and lips which broadens the face if you want to know why It looks strange, but it has a sort of amateur art deco feel to it.

Untitled Experiment No.3

For some reason of a undefined nature today has just been one of those days.
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-09-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: ...Well, I was only saying...

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Pablo Picasso & Georges Braque: Partners in Cubism (1909-1914)

Pablo Picasso & Georges Braque were well known before their meeting and subsequent partnership in 1909. Braque with his work in Impressionism and Fauvism, Picasso with his Blue and Rose Periods. The two had begun to experiment in a proto cubist style the year before but their partnership complimented and pushed each other to create their most challenging works. Slipping into hyperbole, there has never been a more influential artistic partnership in terms of influence and impact on the world of art.

Early Cubism

A selection of their work from their meeting in 1909 through to the beginning of 1911, alternating between artists so that the top row is Picasso, Braque, Picasso. The middle row is Braque, Picasso, Braque, with the bottom row being Picasso, Braque, Picasso.

Analytical Cubism

definition (from the tate website) analytical cubism describes the early phase of cubism, generally considered to run from 1910* - 1912, characterised by a fragmentary appearance of multiple viewpoints and overlapping planes.

*date changed by myself

The work produced by Picasso (Above) and Braque (Below) during the summer of 1911 in the Pyrenees, the pinnacle of their partnership and the paintings that shook the world...

Synthetic Cubism

definition (from the tate website) Synthetic cubism is the later phase of cubism, generally considered to run from about 1912 to 1914, characterised by simpler shapes and brighter colours.

The final phase of their partnership saw Braque (Top) and Picasso (Below) feted by the art world and joined by fellow artists, notably Juan Gris and Jean Metzinger. The partnership was broken by the advent of the First World War when Braque, as a Frenchman, joined the Army. Picasso would continue to produce work throughout the War, but Braque did not produce another artwork until 1917.

Following the end of The First World War, Picasso and Braque continued to produce cubist works yet it was not the same. Picasso was in the process of moving into surrealism and was losing interest in cubism, while Braque, who's work continued to be defined by cubist principles, was less harsh in subject matter and temperament.

By 1920, Cubism was accepted by all as the primary style of the time and it had lost its ability to shock, being viewed as decorative art by Le Corbusier for example. Yet its influence was far reaching, with abstract art, Dada, Purism, Cubo Futurism, Constructivism and Neo Plasticism forming from or in reaction to it. Ultimately, without cubism, the freedom to express and deconstruct art and to view works as more than just pretty pictures would not have been as widely accepted, although, whether or not, this is a good thing I leave to you to decide.

all artwork copyright 2018 by the estates of Georges Braque and Pablo Picasso and used under the provision of fair use.
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-09-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: ...Well, Shurrup! It's art i'nt it!

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Movement (The Dancer)

Truly effects hide a multitude of sins (and shoddy brushwork).

A detail crop (so you can see the face without ruining your eyesight).
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-05-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Do you think the first post of a page ever gets lonely?

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default The Casual Lover

Rococco style artwork, not exactly my favourite period of art (mainly because I have very little interest in portraits and gatherings on lawns) but in the interests of attempting something new and experimenting I present my version of Antoine Watteau's The Casual Lover, from 1716. Just the head because I doubt if I will manage to do the whole body plus trees and sky of the original, but I may complete it in say a year or so (but then again, I probably won't).

Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-08-2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Here's another post to keep it company.

Junior Chatterbox

Hope I don't offend you by saying I prefer your Watteau version over the wine gums one, ha.

No wine gums ever get unloved here! The very idea that anyone might abuse one of them is appalling!

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Warm up on Wednesday

Because sometimes the sketch I do before I begin my proper stuff is better than I intended.

Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 04-28-2018 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Everyone's a critic nowadays (and the wine gums are still unloved)...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The2Game View Post
    Hope I don't offend you by saying I prefer your Watteau version over the wine gums one, ha.

No wine gums ever get unloved here! The very idea that anyone might abuse one of them is appalling!
    Angelo's idea of art is so unique.
    He is just another "interloper" on this forum.

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Juan Gris: Cubist Harlequin

Harlequin at a table from 1918, recreated by myself. I have not found much information about this painting, all I could find was a black and white photograph, so I assume the painting was lost, destroyed, or alternately just drawn and not painted.

small version

big version
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 03-08-2018 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Stopgap filler post replacement with something original (ish)...

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Occasional Art I Adore

No long winded essay on the Rococco period of art with this one, just one painting that I am posting because it is damn gorgeous...

Young Girl Reading by Jean Honore Fragonard, 1776.

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Face Sketch with no purpose

No reason for doing it, just seemed like fun, really.
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 04-28-2018 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Reasons...

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Not so much a bang as a whimper

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Art I adore (No.2)

A few of my favourite paintings by relatively obscure artists.

Woman in profile with flowerpot, 1908, by Lajos Gulacsy (October 12, 1882 - February 21, 1932).

Head of an Italian Girl, 1886, by Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida (February 27, 1863 – August 10, 1923).

The Red Scarf, 1925, by Nicolae Vermont (October 10, 1866 - June 14, 1932).

Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 04-27-2018 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Additions of an eclectic nature.

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default Yep, I finally did a animal picture.

I must admit I never do animal pictures because they do not interest me that much, maybe I am too engrossed in the flashy unrealism of comic art, but I did this one because I felt like it and I dedicate it to iAlissa as I miss her artwork on this forum.

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Default End of Part Two

A few incomplete things to pass the time until I figure out what to do next.
    Last edited by L'Angelo d'Mysterioso; 04-28-2018 at 03:47 AM. Reason: I am not quitting, just so you know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast