Default I have social anxiety and I’m speaking in an event. Help!

I have social anxiety but my brother signed me up for some social dating event abroad for me to “meet” and have a girlfriend since he insists I should just “face my fears.” He insists that the anxiety is all in my head since I wasn’t always like this back then. He believes that I just became closed off from the world ever since I got dumped 5 years ago. I admit, it’s been really tough since my last relationship but I realized that I don’t need a woman in my life.

My brother, on the other hand, is pushing me so hard to get myself out there again since I’ve messed up my life and career over the years of being depressed and lazy.
    I’m trying so hard to be open-minded about this and maybe it is for the best?

I know I was once a confident and loud guy but that was before my toxic ex ruined my life and made me insecure about myself. Should I give this a try?

Quote Originally Posted by mrindoubt38 View Post
    I have social anxiety He believes that I just became closed off from the world ever since I got dumped 5 years ago. I admit, it’s been really tough since my last relationship but I realized that I don’t need a woman in my life.

I know I was once a confident and loud guy but that was before my toxic ex ruined my life and made me insecure about myself. Should I give this a try?
    Being gun shy is one thing but social anxiety can be a crippling condition. You have started to sort this out. You have identified the trauma which has led to this. You need a good friend, or even a therapist to work through this. Sort through this and you can regain your confidence.