Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: iMac

Gay Chat Mod

Default iMac

Last night my iMac died. Turns out the graphics card has gone. Instead of paying the best part of $500 for a new graphics card, I'm getting a next gen iMac refurb for only $300 extra. Lesson out of this is to shop around or know a 'guy'. Without our I.T. guy, generally speaking, 2nd hand or retail would cost so much more.

Can't wait to get my hands on it later this week - hopefully. For now it's back to my ****ty laptop which runs Windows. Great to have a back-up, but I absolutely loathe Windows compared to Apple now

weird i thought youd need a whole new logic board
    i'll give you 50 pesos for it

Gay Chat Mod

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimerumruns View Post
    weird i thought youd need a whole new logic board
    Did I say it had anything to do with the logic board?? No!! It's just the graphics card as I mentioned!!

i didnt know that you could remove/change a graphics card on a mac. i assumed they were welded onto the logic board - strange

Gay Chat Mod

Nothing strange about it. They are separate boards...now please go away!

thats so weird, are you sure its a real mac because there are a lot of knockoffs on the market now produced in china check the barcode image if its printed

Chatmaster Wannabe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toretto View Post
    Last night my iMac died. Turns out the graphics card has gone. Instead of paying the best part of $500 for a new graphics card, I'm getting a next gen iMac refurb for only $300 extra. Lesson out of this is to shop around or know a 'guy'. Without our I.T. guy, generally speaking, 2nd hand or retail would cost so much more.

Can't wait to get my hands on it later this week - hopefully. For now it's back to my ****ty laptop which runs Windows. Great to have a back-up, but I absolutely loathe Windows compared to Apple now

on my news station last night they said the new upgraded better than ever imac will be coming out ... big bucks !

☻ĎőőđŁěž☻

Screem
    Hi Doodz

Junior Chatterbox
    Blog Entries

Macs are very expensive, but I wouldn't want anything other. They have always been very reliable with longevity to me!

Gay Chat Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalina View Post
    Macs are very expensive, but I wouldn't want anything other. They have always been very reliable with longevity to me!
    They are fúcking great. I just picked up my new one and have it all set up. Running off my Windows laptop for 4 days was SO painful, but the wait was totally worth it! I was also quoted $720 for a refurb. Mac Book with a SSD (solid state drive). Might do that sometime in the future. That or an iPad. Not sure, but not today's problem. Just so glad to be back in Mac land!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimerumruns View Post
    thats so weird, are you sure its a real mac because there are a lot of knockoffs on the market now produced in china check the barcode image if its printed
    Totally ignoring you now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle toez View Post
    on my news station last night they said the new upgraded better than ever imac will be coming out ... big bucks !
    Refurb. is definitely the way to go to save $$$. It's not in my budget to be buying this shìt brand new. Again, helps to know a guy!

i always buy my mbp's second-hand ya or "refurb" bc they stopped making the 17" ones and 15" doesnt cut it - same like my ****, cut