1. If the Church implemented a ceremony to recognize couples that have made a commitment to live together for a period of time in a monogamous relationship in what would be described as a trial marriage, would you take the opportunity to be recognized? Do you think other people would also be willing to do so?
o_o I would say 'No'..Not really sure what you're asking here..why would a couple put themselves up for a 'trial marriage' when they can get the 'real deal'? I don't think many ppl would want to 'try out' their marriage before actually marrying..they would probably just decide to live together forever..or get married (for real)
2. Do you believe marriage is more than just piece of paper and legal status? Why?
Yes..if it were just 'a piece of paper' then no-one would really want to get married..there obviously has more to it than the legal legal..but because i'm not married, i can't exactly tell u why it is more..seeing as i haven't experienced it or anything..however, i would imagine marriage is a sanctity..and it's more than just paper work..u have to really LOVE a person in order to be married to them..although, in today's society, more people end up marrying for artificial benefits..and then marriage becomes a business transaction (or a sake of convieniance) rather than what it is intended for.
3. Please rate the following from most likely to result in divorce to least likely to in result divorce. (With 4 being the most likely to cause divorce to 1 being the least likely to cause divorce)
Miscommunication or lack of communication - 3
Pre-conceived notions about the marriage itself - 1
Confusing lust for love - 2
Lack of mutual respect, concern, or commitment - 4
4. Please rate your feeling towards the following statement: People who are divorced are criticized and looked down on. (With 5 being strongly agree to 1 being strongly disagree) - 3
5. Does pornography have a place inside a marriage?
Depends on the marriage and the ones within the marriage. Some couples have no qualms about viewing porno to spice up their sex life..but the more conservative/old fashioned couples probably find the idea appalling.
6. Do you believe in "till death do you part"?
No..in real life..that rarely happens..times have changed..it's pointless believing in a notion that belongs in the dinosaur ages..nowadays..very few couple actually stick together till the end..it's better to be realistic
7. Do you believe the media is responsible for the apparent disregard towards the institution of marriage? (i.e. infidelity, divorce)
In a way, yes..when we see so many marriages are falling apart, we automatically think "If it's ok for them, then i must be ok for me" in the olden days, if u'r a divorcee, u get ostracized..so that was why ppl worked harder to keep their family/marriage together..but now..a divorce is no biggie..everyone does it..especially the celebs..so it's sort of like an incentive to get divorced.
Further more, on TV, (soapies/movies etc) ppl get divorced all the time..so then it also plays a role in our sub conscience..and the amount of sex scenes make ppl want to go philandering around..and be unfaithful..and that lead to many break ups.
8. Is intercourse outside marriage okay?
Yes..again..times have changed..no one remains a virgin until their marriage night..it's old fashioned..plus, ppl have this idea of 'try before you buy' type of thing..i think it's ok..because what if u ended up marrying someone who sucks in bed?
9. Is promiscuity okay?
10. Please select the age range in which you lost your virginity. (Optional)
13 - 15
16 - 19
20 - 23
24 - up
haha..i'm still one =]