age old question

Both. I actually have an iPhone X (soon to be retired for a brand new iPhone 15 when they come out) and an Oppo (well, technically not mine, but I help my auntie work hers a lot). They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Apple: ease of use, security (strengths); cost, limited customisation, not innovative (weaknesses)

Android: innovation, customisation, cost (strengths); more complex, not as secure (weaknesses)

Both. I actually have an iPhone X (soon to be retired for a brand new iPhone 15 when they come out) and an Oppo (well, technically not mine, but I help my auntie work hers a lot). They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Apple: ease of use, security (strengths); cost, limited customisation, not innovative (weaknesses)

Android: innovation, customisation, cost (strengths); more complex, not as secure (weaknesses
Personally I like both, but I lean more towards Apple because I just like the UI of Apple over Android, and its less laggy, but then again may just be the tablet giving out

Apple advantages: durable, easy to use, no innovation at all so users don't have to learn new things, security (only because of how locked down you are), and no bloatware.

Android advantages: Tons of different options at price points varying from under $50 into the thousands of dollars range, including innovative designs such as folding phones, ability to sideload apps that aren't available on the official store, ability to customize any imaginable aspect of your phone and even change operating systems, open source, not locked into an ecosystem, more available apps, has a better assistant, and probably other things.

If you want apps and a decent camera get an iphone

If you want durability and the addition of adding third party apps (ones that you trust ofc) go andriod

If you want durability get a nokia brick