Ban the Bible from public schools

BlackLivesMatter

Gold Member
The bible should be banned as it preaches about ince$t among other perversion.
Proof just go to Genesis 19
The story of Lot, you know Sodom and Gommorah , You know Lots wife turned to seasoning salt ,
The story continues that Lot and his 2 daughters flee to the mountains. Then the two daughters conspire to get their own father drunk to take advantage of him.
I don't want any of my children, grandchildren etc reading that smut.

The bible is full of hate.
Look at

Leviticus 20:13​

A man who lies with mankind as he lieth with a woman then both men have committed an abomination and surely will be put to death.

This calls for men to be put to death and interesting enough it says nothing about a woman lieth with another woman so from that being a lesbian is okay but a gay male no.
And people base their life on this horrible book. It should be banned.

A man who lies with mankind as he lieth with a woman then both men have committed an abomination and surely will be put to death.

This calls for men to be put to death and interesting enough it says nothing about a woman lieth with another woman so from that being a lesbian is okay but a gay male no.

amen, brother 🙏🏼

that's why i'm still a christian

SCzYam4.png

I Get The Sarcasm Of The Thread .....

But Banning Books Is What Totalitarian Governments Do To Control Society ....

Like The Antebellum South Having A Law Criminalizing Anyone Teaching An Enslaved Human Being How To Read ...

And The Reading Material Was Always The Bible

Just Saying Amanda Seales GIF by NBC

You got a point; but each their own.
I mean, (the US anyway) has separation of church and state.
But, having said that; who am I to tell someone what they can and cannot read?
The US had separation of church and state and that is eroding fast. Which leads agnostics like me perplexed. I mean the Trump/christian gang want books like Huck Finn and Wizard of Oz banned. The later because it has a good witch and that calls for children to believe in the supernatural. Well that is Christian thought. No wonder they are so warped but you know. half of those nuts probably never opened a bible just saying. THINKING MOOCESSA

I don't give a damn what people read.
Bible. Wizard of Oz. Huckleberry Finn. To Kill A Mockingbird (look it up).
What I'm saying is who am I to tell you what to read or not to read.
If you're a school and you what the Bible read and taught? More power to you.
If you don't want it taught? Have a blast.
I don't care.
Goes off of me like water off of a ducks booty.

But you have valid points. It will MESS you UP if you read it from beginning to end.
But I will never tell somebody what they can and cannot read, and I would hope someone would extend me the same courtesy in return. :)

(And this comes from an atheist)

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

I don't want my children or grandchildren thinking women should be silent,

Deuteronomy 22:28-29​

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Think about what this means. The Bible states that if a man violates a woman and if she is a maiden then all he has to do is to pay the dad 50 schekels which is about 14 US dollars and marry her then everything is okay. How women can be Christians is mind boggling. Do you all read what your holy book says?

lets remove the bible from the class room,

then instead teach children equally toxic curriculum, such as; critical race theory, marxism, pronouns, & gender reassignment...

sounds solid, combating poisoning the youth with more poison 👍🏼

I don't think any religion should be in schools but it's comical that the people who think teaching about gay kids existing is "indoctrinating" but think the word of God isn't in class rooms enough and the reason for this countries problems, from covid, to "immigration", to everything that is a social problem, they claim its because God was taken out of the schools.

Looking back, the pledge of allegiance seems pretty indoctrinating. Asking 4th graders to pledge themselves to a country "one nation under God" Seems weird to me. I can't be the only one who looks back and thinks it's kind of weird. As a kid, it was just a boring classroom chore.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29​

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Think about what this means. The Bible states that if a man violates a woman and if she is a maiden then all he has to do is to pay the dad 50 schekels which is about 14 US dollars and marry her then everything is okay. How women can be Christians is mind boggling. Do you all read what your holy book says?

Do you all read what your holy book says?

if the book was banned how would anyone knows what it says? Also, im wondering is the bible required reading in (I assume US schools?)

in Canada there is no codified separation of church and state- however most public schools are secular, but we have what is called Catholic schools ( they are technically private, but funded by government- so the good book wont be banned in those.

This might be a bit off your topic, but Im wondering, would you also ban non christian works or is this just aimed squarley at one religion?

Also I'd like to ask- would all books containing what you say is objectionable content be banned? Would morals be allowed to be taught if they were based in any way on your books to be burned list?

Are you in favour of banning any mention 'the golden rule" ?

Not in school, not having children, do not care.

The Right are banning books that teach about slavery in America. The Bible can be taken as fictional or the word of God, I take it as historical writings by Roman's well after the death of Christ. If banning books that teach kids that homosexuality exists then so should the Bible that not only teaches it but is often used to condemn homosexuality.

Don't act like you're a man of faith and morale when you do the complete opposite of what Jesus taught and lived/died for.