Beauty Product Reviews

Where to start....

For a facial cleanser I use cetaphil, I sometimes stray from this product but I always come back. Its really great for my sensitive skin. If I need to exfoliate I'll use the clarisonic along with the cetaphil. Before I decided to buy the clarisonic exfoliating system I just used a face brush from sallys beauty suppply.

I'm not particular about any moisturizer as long as its for sensitive skin.

For Makeup, I just like minimal coverage, so I'll use a tinted moisturizer and sometimes mascara and I really like Laura Mercier - tinted moisturizer broad spectrum, and if I'm wearing mascara I'll use Smashbox - full exposure mascara, it gives my lashes a really bold, voluminous look and I love it. If I'm not wearing any eye makeup I'll just put vitamin E oil on my eye lids and i think it gives my eyes a nice brightening sheer look.

For Hair, I have extremely dryand curly hair so I need all the moisture I can get. I've found Devacurl - No-Poo, and One Condition to be a really good product for my hair. Its very gentle and it keeps my curls fresh for days. I also use macadamia deep repair hair masque weekly. I love Kinkycurly - knot today leave in conditioner, it doesn't weigh my hair down. I also like Suave- naturals coconut conditioner because its super cheap and I feel like it does a good job at de-tangling my hair. For straightening my hair I really like the Brocato - vibrastraight flat iron it gets my hair super straight without tugging and it vibrates, so that's always fun.

My favorite topic, I could go on... but I'll save that for a later time. :D

This is really useful, I have been meaning to try out the Estee Lauder make up, particularly their foundation, but I may give the moisturiser a go now! Their mascaras are really brilliant :D

I have been trying a lot of different anti-ageing products recently in a bid to get and keep that youthful glow that we all dream of! I have found Temple Spa's range really great, I particularly love their eye truffle and Be Firm because they go in my bag so easily. I really like this brand because their products use really great quality ingredients and don't test on animals!

I used to love Body Shop until they were brought out by L'oreal and I heard that although their products actually are tested on animals?

Someone else has recommended Lush products for their ethics, but I have only used their haircare (which is also really good!)

Nat xo

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I don't trust a product too much just becuase it's more expensive, but I think Clinique is well worth the extra money. I used to have acne on my forehead and when I started using clinique is went away. Also, I realised the time of day you use it is important. Wash your face when you get in school / work, not before you go to bed.

Plus the active ingredient in all face cremes is just SPF 30 or higher, that's what actually "stops" the signs of ageing. The sun causes 80 percent of the signs.

I have had problems with Acne since I was 30. I am now 50 and 5 years ago I found the perfect product. I'd tried Clinique, Ester Lauder, Cannot remember all but I tried virtually everything and nothing worked. Then a lady in Boots suggested I try Avene. I have never looked back. I have combination/oily skin and this is perfect. I use the Cleanance cleansing gel and day cream and the night cream. Now I have hardly any acne problems. Avene is the perfect choice for my skin and I know nothing else is as good for me. I also use Apri Facial Scrub at £1.00 a pop. So that is inexpensive. I'd say Avene is middle of the road when it comes to cost. I find it affordable and buy it when there are the 3 for 2 offers. I also like to buy my bags to carry all my beauty shopping from dipsticklondon.com as their bags are large enough.