Choose Your Own Adventure.

StubleU

Gold Member
So because I had to add the spoiler tag to my signature it got me thinking about nested tags and how to use those for something fun and/or creative. The first thing I thought of was a slot machine game where three or four different spoiler tags have an image behind each one and the image, loaded from my server, changes every time the signature is loaded. Match up three of the same image and you win. I'll probably end up doing that sometime but for now I thought of this in the mean time.

This is the first attempt at getting CHATGPT to write a choose your own adventure game. It took a bit of back and forth for it to get that I wanted to hide the final room in and amongst the nested spoiler tags and that I didn't want the descriptions to give away the dead ends or little things like that.

Give it a try, let me know. I got chatgpt to write it for me cause it was just a concept and I didn't want to have to track spoiler tags. Maybe I'll get it to write a generator so that you can make a map and it'll create the tags for you. We'll see.

Let me know what you think and what improvements could or should be made with it.

You find yourself in a dimly lit room with two doors.
You enter a room filled with eerie shadows. There are two doors here.
This room is pitch black. You can't see anything. You feel around and find a door.
The door opens into a room with a staircase leading downward. You descend into darkness.

You step into a room with a faint glow emanating from the walls. There are two doors here.
You enter a room with strange markings on the walls. There's a door at the far end.
The door opens into a room with a ladder leading upward. You climb up into the unknown.

You find yourself in a new environment, similar to the first floor. Two doors stand before you.
You enter a room filled with cobwebs. There are two doors here.
You disturb a nest of giant spiders and get entangled in their webs. You struggle but eventually succumb to their venom.
The door opens into a room with a rickety bridge. You cautiously cross it.

You step into a room with a musty smell. Two doors beckon you to explore further.
You stumble upon a trapdoor that leads you downward into darkness.
The door opens into a room with a flickering torch. You take it and proceed forward.

As you ascend to the third floor, a sense of dread washes over you. You face two doors once again.
You enter a room with a strange symbol etched into the floor. There are two doors here.
You take a step forward but find yourself falling into a bottomless pit. Your screams echo into the darkness as you plummet to your demise.
The door opens into a room with a ladder leading upward. You climb up into the unknown.

You step into a room with an unsettling silence. Two doors stand before you.
You enter a room filled with optical illusions. You can't distinguish reality from illusion and soon lose your mind.
The door opens into a room with a faint shimmer in the air. You cautiously step forward.

After navigating through the treacherous maze, you finally reach the end. Congratulations, you have emerged victorious!

As you reach the fourth floor, a feeling of foreboding fills the air. Two doors await your decision.
You enter a room with a peculiar smell. There are two doors here.
You inhale toxic fumes that fill the room and collapse to the ground, gasping for air.
The door opens into a room with a flickering torch. You take it and proceed forward.

You step into a room with an eerie glow. Two doors stand before you.
You encounter ghostly apparitions that drain the life force from your body, leaving you a lifeless husk.
The door opens into a room with a faint shimmer in the air. You cautiously step forward.

As you ascend to the fifth floor, a sense of dread washes over you. You face two doors once again.
You enter a room with a strange symbol etched into the floor. There are two doors here.
You touch a cursed relic and feel a sudden surge of pain coursing through your body. You collapse, cursed for eternity.

You enter a room filled with optical illusions. You can't distinguish reality from illusion and soon lose your mind.

I didn't give it an actual test before posting but already I can tell that it screwed up the floors i had in mind. I think i'll work on making a generator so you can map out what you want it to look like and it'll create the spoiler tagging for you

not sure if anyone cares but I should have a spoiler choose your own adventure generator built by the end of this evening. Let me know if you'd like to learn more about it.

So because I had to add the spoiler tag to my signature it got me thinking about nested tags and how to use those for something fun and/or creative. The first thing I thought of was a slot machine game where three or four different spoiler tags have an image behind each one and the image, loaded from my server, changes every time the signature is loaded. Match up three of the same image and you win. I'll probably end up doing that sometime but for now I thought of this in the mean time.

This is the first attempt at getting CHATGPT to write a choose your own adventure game. It took a bit of back and forth for it to get that I wanted to hide the final room in and amongst the nested spoiler tags and that I didn't want the descriptions to give away the dead ends or little things like that.

Give it a try, let me know. I got chatgpt to write it for me cause it was just a concept and I didn't want to have to track spoiler tags. Maybe I'll get it to write a generator so that you can make a map and it'll create the tags for you. We'll see.

Let me know what you think and what improvements could or should be made with it.

You find yourself in a dimly lit room with two doors.
You enter a room filled with eerie shadows. There are two doors here.
This room is pitch black. You can't see anything. You feel around and find a door.
The door opens into a room with a staircase leading downward. You descend into darkness.

You step into a room with a faint glow emanating from the walls. There are two doors here.
You enter a room with strange markings on the walls. There's a door at the far end.

You find yourself in a new environment, similar to the first floor. Two doors stand before you.
You enter a room filled with cobwebs. There are two doors here.
You disturb a nest of giant spiders and get entangled in their webs. You struggle but eventually succumb to their venom.
The door opens into a room with a rickety bridge. You cautiously cross it.

You step into a room with a musty smell. Two doors beckon you to explore further.
You stumble upon a trapdoor that leads you downward into darkness.

As you ascend to the third floor, a sense of dread washes over you. You face two doors once again.
You take a step forward but find yourself falling into a bottomless pit. Your screams echo into the darkness as you plummet to your demise.

After navigating through the treacherous maze, you finally reach the end. Congratulations, you have emerged victorious!

As you reach the fourth floor, a feeling of foreboding fills the air. Two doors await your decision.
You enter a room with a peculiar smell. There are two doors here.
You inhale toxic fumes that fill the room and collapse to the ground, gasping for air.

You step into a room with an eerie glow. Two doors stand before you.
You encounter ghostly apparitions that drain the life force from your body, leaving you a lifeless husk.

As you ascend to the fifth floor, a sense of dread washes over you. You face two doors once again.
You touch a cursed relic and feel a sudden surge of pain coursing through your body. You collapse, cursed for eternity.

Very clever!

I cant even get SS to upload most of them time LMAO.