comments

@avery041234 - I responded to your message in the room regarding this inquiry before I saw this post.

I’ll certainly update the room rules to make it extra clear for when Mods aren’t around.

The Mods in Music don’t allow flashing GIFs, and unfortunately the person who shared them last evening likes to do so, purposely, as they’ve been asked multiple times to refrain from sharing GIFs of that nature.

I do hope you’re ok. 💛

@avery041234 - I responded to your message in the room regarding this inquiry before I saw this post.

I’ll certainly update the room rules to make it extra clear for when Mods aren’t around.

The Mods in Music don’t allow flashing GIFs, and unfortunately the person who shared them last evening likes to do so, purposely, as they’ve been asked multiple times to refrain from sharing GIFs of that nature.

I do hope you’re ok. 💛
Kamala Harris Period GIF by Election 2020

Big Boss Leigh at the helm.

as a person who is a bit photosensitive i appreciate those rules. i have like mild photosensitivity tho called flicker veritigo something
It's a rule I think but up to the mods discretion I believe. Problem is, unless you have those issues, you're not going to know which can cause it. Obvious flashing images (don't look up the gif I used to post as a teenager "you deserve a seizure for your post gif) are a no Brainerd but even simple video games with high frames per second can cause that.

Sorry you have to go through that. Do you have any issues with watching action movies? I'd be interested into knowing because it's never really spoken about and people who don't deal with it aren't aware they could be setting someone off.

It's a rule I think but up to the mods discretion I believe. Problem is, unless you have those issues, you're not going to know which can cause it. Obvious flashing images (don't look up the gif I used to post as a teenager "you deserve a seizure for your post gif) are a no Brainerd but even simple video games with high frames per second can cause that.

Sorry you have to go through that. Do you have any issues with watching action movies? I'd be interested into knowing because it's never really spoken about and people who don't deal with it aren't aware they could be setting someone off.
mine is mostly strobe lights and it makes me sick in my stomach. normally i gotta put up n shut up but if i can avoid it i will. is not as bad as epilepsy but still isnt nice.

This is a Great Topic. I also get a little photosensitive. It is the reason I don't chat. Some gifs etc that are not typical flickering or flashing can cause this. I really think that a mod or admin that has the same type of sensitivity can have more empathy. I have complained about some which have affected me and been brushed off. We do have some users on Forums that love to do the gif show and there are some with animation that they use which can cause this.