curly hair talk

dankmemes

hi. let's talk about curly hair pls, anything about it.

so what do you other people with very curly hair use to tame it? i have really curly and thick hispanic hair, but i've never really found THE product for it that makes it look less frizzy and keeps it soft at the same time. i don't like straightening it very often. right now i use a leave in conditioner from suave professionals that works pretty well for an average day out, but i'm interested in what other people use to see if i can maybe change it up and find something better.

also, what shampoos/conditioners do you use? i heard of no-poo but what else is there that will keep my hair moisturized? i have a bad habit of washing my hair a lot because if i don't then i feel gross. so maybe something i can use often but it's light enough on my hair so it doesn't dry it out despite me washing it frequently?

lastly, i personally find it difficult to figure out what to do with my hair. i often leave it down (it's just above my shoulders now). i feel like there's not many options because it's so wild and tangles easily. what styles are there that would be great for really curly/thick hair? i'd like to change it up.

thx 4 contribootin!1!!11

hi. let's talk about curly hair pls, anything about it.

so what do you other people with very curly hair use to tame it? i have really curly and thick hispanic hair, but i've never really found THE product for it that makes it look less frizzy and keeps it soft at the same time. i don't like straightening it very often. right now i use a leave in conditioner from suave professionals that works pretty well for an average day out, but i'm interested in what other people use to see if i can maybe change it up and find something better.

also, what shampoos/conditioners do you use? i heard of no-poo but what else is there that will keep my hair moisturized? i have a bad habit of washing my hair a lot because if i don't then i feel gross. so maybe something i can use often but it's light enough on my hair so it doesn't dry it out despite me washing it frequently?

lastly, i personally find it difficult to figure out what to do with my hair. i often leave it down (it's just above my shoulders now). i feel like there's not many options because it's so wild and tangles easily. what styles are there that would be great for really curly/thick hair? i'd like to change it up.

thx 4 contribootin!1!!11

OMG Hi there. You should definitely have a look at K?rastase products, especially the Ol?o-Relax ones. They can be expensive, but they're concentrated and are worth it. There's also Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, which dries ur hair really quickly after a shower and smoothens it. I personally have found out it dries my hair in the long term, so I no longer use it.

The Ultimate product I love using is the K?rastase Elixir Ultime hair oil. Everyone should have this holy grail.
For hair deep conditioners, there's the K?rastase nutrithermique (formerly known as Masquintense or maybe it's that in the US). +++
Recently, I've moved to natural organic paraben free SLS free brand that is Leonor Greyl, which is a luxury hair brand used by celebs. Check out their oils and masks.

Yes really curly hair are too good.I too love curly hair but unfortunately I have straight hair.But as I am hairstylist I love to read post on hair and for curly hair we should try to avoid heating tools.For that do use natural products.I would recommend you to use mizani hair relaxer (www.naturalbraid.com) it can make your hair good in both texture and healthy.I have tried it ,it's really good to use.Try use it and let me know your views on it.This products you need to purchase it online.

Last edited:
< Curly haired person!!! :D :D I am personally a big fan of either Frizz Ease products, or any type of hair products for extremely dry hair
(moisture in curls = good). It's also good to every month or so use coconut oil or coconut milk. It really strengthens the hair ^.^
Special hair products for "hispanic curls" usually contain coconut in one form or other - I don't need this myself cus I don't have hispanic
hair but I know people who use it and they are big fans.

Also (but you already know this) don't wash your hair daily! Try to wash + condition a max of twice (maybe 3x) per week. It keeps the natural oils in your hair and balances it. If your hair gets extremely dry you can always use an extra moisturizing hair mask (like once per month).

If you choose to blow dry your hair, for heaven's sake use a huge blower and don't blow-dry till completely dry. Let it dry the last bit by itself. It will help with the frizz and with damaging the hair! Hope this helps :D

Things that literally saved me:
  • Stay away from clarifying shampoos, overly perfume-y/scented, those darn 2 in 1 things, sulfates and silicones. All of these things will dry your curls out, making your hair overproduce oils AND get frizzier.
  • Dry your hair with a t shirt instead of a towel. Helps tame down the frizz a ton.
  • Try dry shampoo. Usually comes in a can, shake it up, spray in the roots, massage then comb it through, should save you a day or two. Cheaper alternative to that is baby powder, just make sure you brush it all out to avoid a white cast.

Everyone else above has given good solid advice, coconut oil = your best friend :p

Amen to the Kerastase products!
I'd recommend a "Brazilian Blowout" it's not rude lol, but will make your hair so much more managable and in brilliant condition! Expensive but worth every penny/cent/euro :D
A simple ****** search will tell you who does them in your area.
From an EX Hair Stylist

ĶĩM;4942510 said:
Amen to the Kerastase products!
I'd recommend a "Brazilian Blowout" it's not rude lol, but will make your hair so much more managable and in brilliant condition! Expensive but worth every penny/cent/euro :D
A simple ****** search will tell you who does them in your area.
From an EX Hair Stylist

...hmmm, u sound hawt!!,.,lel, :p...

I have always been jealous of beautiful big curly hair, no matter how hard I try and recreate the natural bounce of curly hair with hair straighteners it's never quite the same. Embrace your natural curl ladies!

Curly hair talk

Curly hair talk

Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol
Conditioning Treatment
BB Pump it up Gold Styling Spritz
Glove to put over your blow dryer
Hair needs to be wet or damp
1st Silk Elements
2nd BB
3rd Glove on blow dryer
4th Style hair
5th Start to blow dry do not touch hair with hands or brush or comb or pic while blow drying it will start to friz
6th Other option just air dry
7th Use heater in car on your way to work
Enjoy have a wonderful day!
Got to love our curls

Curly hair talk

Curly hair talk

Ladies we can use a crimper or Soft Rollers 10" x 11/16" 25 cm x 1.8 cm or any size.Number for product 292495 Sally's Do it yourself flexible stick twisters. Just a suggestion.

This thread is EVERYTHING. Let me just start by stating my hair type, I have 3b/3c curly ass hair. I feel everyone's struggle when it comes to frizz dude. I used to straighten my hair everyday because it annoyed me so bad. I use three products that have legit been a game changer for me. For shampoo, I'll use just about anything as long as there are no sulphates and all that trash in it. That causes the hair to frizz more and dries it out. Now, here are the two things that will change your life, no joke - OGX Argan Oil of Morocco conditioner and the Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie. Those are essentials. The third thing is the OGX Argan oil curling cream, it's amazing but not essential since the Shea Moisture one will work wonders. I'd post pics if I didn't have a creep stalking me lmao. I'd also suggest deep conditioning the hair once a week, preferably the night before or on your wash day. Nothing too crazy, just an oil treatment will help your hair a lot. Coconut oil saves lives. 'My hair gets pretty dry so I use extra virgin olive oil instead, I find it moisturises the hair a lot better. Best thing about these products is, they aren't very expensive and it works better than anything I've ever tried before and I swear by it. Hope that helps!

garnier fructis

garnier fructis

I have tried literally every kind of shampoo and conditioner for curly hair (treseme was by far the suckiest) and i recently found out that Garnier Fructis makes a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for curly hair so i tried and i absolutely loved it!!!! I also found their leave in conditioner that is amazing!!! it leaves my hair so smooth and frizz free!! (for a few days at least) Also don't wash your hair as often. I know it sounds gross but i wash my hair maybe 2 times a week...Brush your hair before you shower to work the natural oils through also. :)

This thread is EVERYTHING. Let me just start by stating my hair type, I have 3b/3c curly ass hair. I feel everyone's struggle when it comes to frizz dude. I used to straighten my hair everyday because it annoyed me so bad. I use three products that have legit been a game changer for me. For shampoo, I'll use just about anything as long as there are no sulphates and all that trash in it. That causes the hair to frizz more and dries it out. Now, here are the two things that will change your life, no joke - OGX Argan Oil of Morocco conditioner and the Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie. Those are essentials. The third thing is the OGX Argan oil curling cream, it's amazing but not essential since the Shea Moisture one will work wonders. I'd post pics if I didn't have a creep stalking me lmao. I'd also suggest deep conditioning the hair once a week, preferably the night before or on your wash day. Nothing too crazy, just an oil treatment will help your hair a lot. Coconut oil saves lives. 'My hair gets pretty dry so I use extra virgin olive oil instead, I find it moisturises the hair a lot better. Best thing about these products is, they aren't very expensive and it works better than anything I've ever tried before and I swear by it. Hope that helps!

Hoho, I know something about it. I gave up straightening years ago. It's either you cut it or love it, so I decided to choose the last one :) I'm using almost the same brands as you, looking for non-sulphates too. Currently, I'm using OGX Quenching Plus Coconut Curls conditioner and Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner. These are my essentials :lol: They both are great, but I'm fancy to try something new. I've read here about some and noticed EO Essentials and BIOLAGE ones. How do you think, do they worth trying?

If your hair is really curly, I would recommend having a smoothing treatment. Not a straightening treatment, but a smoothing treatment. It will not remove your curl but help you control your curl.

Yeah its difficult to handle curly hairs, well I suggest you to use sulfate-free, glycerin-packed shampoo, and Always use conditioner.