DNA tests.

everybody should take a dna test. ancestryDNA, 23andme or whoever is offering them. especially people who were adopted or suspect they might have siblings out there or are looking for long lost family

I don't think that such tests are for everyone, however it should be applied to people who claim to be of certain ethnic groups to advance themselves financially and socially
I would like to know the dna results of prince Harry and his brother Willy compare with their so called father the new King of England.
I would like also the dna of of Justin Trudeau, PM of Canada to compare with, Fidel Castro,and all members of the Rolling Stones.

DNA tests are misleading and stupid. the results become property of the testing companies, and u lose all rights to ur OWN dna info for the rest of eternity. that's really stupid....and for what? a bunch of messy, inaccurate, confusing "information" thats likely to be proven as worthless in a few years by successive technologies.

everybody should take a dna test. ancestryDNA, 23andme or whoever is offering them. especially people who were adopted or suspect they might have siblings out there or are looking for long lost family

I don't think that such tests are for everyone, however it should be applied to people who claim to be of certain ethnic groups to advance themselves financially and socially
I am 4% black. I use my genetic test as proof for ignorant racist people who try to deny my blackness.
ls6AWiO.png

F1bdoYz.png

uT7FZZU.png

I would like to know the dna results of prince Harry and his brother Willy compare with their so called father the new King of England.
I would like also the dna of of Justin Trudeau, PM of Canada to compare with, Fidel Castro,and all members of the Rolling Stones.
What gives you the right to know someone elses medical/genetic information if they arent disclosing it?
the results become property of the testing companies, and u lose all rights to ur OWN dna info for the rest of eternity. that's really stupid....
Just like every other company you give your information to? Its important to note that the tests are completely voluntary and you are consenting to the terms and conditions setforth

DNA tests are misleading and stupid. the results become property of the testing companies, and u lose all rights to ur OWN dna info for the rest of eternity. that's really stupid....and for what? a bunch of messy, inaccurate, confusing "information" thats likely to be proven as worthless in a few years by successive technologies.
23andMe is the most accurate out of all the commercial testing companies, but Gedmatch, which is a free database where you can submit your raw DNA files (from 23andMe for example) is the most accurate facility out of all DNA testing facilities currently available, depending on the oracle database. I personally like Gedmatch’ K13 and K15’s 4 ancestor oracle, which predicts the ethnicity of 4 of your grandparents. It also gives you a list of 20 ethnicities, from most closely related to least closely related, but there are tons of other oracles on that site, such as an ancient ancestry tool, which looks at archaic ancestry related to historical migrations.

FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe will give you your haplogroup, but the added benefit of FamilyTreeDNA, is that it allows you to join a haplogroup project and the possibility to further delve into your haplogroup by doing an SNP test, which will reveal your haplogroup subclade.

23andMe is the most accurate out of all the commercial testing companies, but Gedmatch, which is a free database where you can submit your raw DNA files (from 23andMe for example) is the most accurate facility out of all DNA testing facilities currently available, depending on the oracle database. I personally like Gedmatch’ K13 and K15’s 4 ancestor oracle, which predicts the ethnicity of 4 of your grandparents. It also gives you a list of 20 ethnicities, from most closely related to least closely related, but there are tons of other oracles on that site, such as an ancient ancestry tool, which looks at archaic ancestry related to historical migrations.

FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe will give you your haplogroup, but the added benefit of FamilyTreeDNA, is that it allows you to join a haplogroup project and the possibility to further delve into your haplogroup by doing an SNP test, which will reveal your haplogroup subclade.
23 and me is the most accurate for ethnicities, but AncestryDNA is better if you are looking for family members, as it has the largest data base. I have done both, and found way more family members on AncestryDNA than 23 and me.

23 and me is the most accurate for ethnicities, but AncestryDNA is better if you are looking for family members, as it has the largest data base. I have done both, and found way more family members on AncestryDNA than 23 and me.
Depends on what you’re looking for. Most Europeans, Africans or Asians haven’t tested with Ancestry, as MyHeritage is a lot more popular outside of North America. For instance, MyHeritage advertises in Europe, whereas Ancestry only advertises in a few European countries, if any. Ancestry has a large database, because it’s a US database and there are more Americans interested in their genealogical background than let’s say, Europeans, as most Europeans can trace their ancestry to the 16 or 1700s, so for anyone outside North America, MyHeritage is better for cousin matches if you’re wishing to connect with relatives who didn’t migrate to America, even though they’ve got a smaller database. Most Americans aren’t interested in finding relatives in America anyway, unless they’re people of Native American descent, since most Americans have their origin outside of America, even their recent origins.

I’ve tested with Ancestry and MyHeritage and I’m from Europe and nearly all of my “cousin” matches on Ancestry (all very distant) are Americans, whereas most of my matches on MyHeritage were close matches (less false positives) as they’re all from Europe, so in my case, MyHeritage was a lot more insightful.

Depends on what you’re looking for. Most Europeans, Africans or Asians haven’t tested with Ancestry, as MyHeritage is a lot more popular outside of North America. For instance, MyHeritage advertises in Europe, whereas Ancestry only advertises in a few European countries, if any. Ancestry has a large database, because it’s a US database and there are more Americans interested in their genealogical background than let’s say, Europeans, as most Europeans can trace their ancestry to the 16 or 1700s, so for anyone outside North America, MyHeritage is better for cousin matches if you’re wishing to connect with relatives who didn’t migrate to America, even though they’ve got a smaller database. Most Americans aren’t interested in finding relatives in America anyway, unless they’re people of Native American descent, since most Americans have their origin outside of America, even their recent origins.

I’ve tested with Ancestry and MyHeritage and I’m from Europe and nearly all of my “cousin” matches on Ancestry (all very distant) are Americans, whereas most of my matches on MyHeritage were close matches (less false positives) as they’re all from Europe, so in my case, MyHeritage was a lot more insightful.
Oh see on my Ancestry, I have all four grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. So I have much bigger family database there than say 23andMe.