Do you believe everything someone says in a chat room?

Do you believe everything someone says about them self online?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I am a great judge of who is being truthful online with no way to prove I am right.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OriginalScreenName

Bronze Member
Pretty easy poll.

People say a lot in a chat room.

What makes you believe what someone says as being the truth? Or that their identity in a profile is who they say they are In a public chat room, or even in private chatting via email or direct message.

I say a ton of crazy and ruthless **** all the time, on chat-ave, I've posted pictures of " my car " or did I post pictures of a friend's car from 20 years ago?
I've said a ton of **** that morons, eats up and goes cross-eyed over because they obviously can not grasp sarcasm from a fact or truth or when I am just trolling. There is one person online who knows me I would say maybe 80% because that is all I wanted to share personally. In private.

Just to give an example of what people will believe.
Here are some facts about me that are absolutely 100% True and I am not joking about them.
I've been incarcerated multiple times, my ding dong doesn't work, I was in the military, and the car I posted on here is my friends' car from 20 years ago but now it is mine, I " internet dated a woman who was in prison ", I am suicidal, I was married and I might have a child but I am not sure, I have 6 siblings, I hate my neighbors, I live in Florida, I haven't had sex in 30 years, one of the reasons I was incarcerated was for stabbing a guy during a fight, which I ultimately lost, my profile pic I have used in the past was of my cousin, I have been talking about my weight a lot and getting a gastric bypass surgery but actually I made that up for attention, I am dating irl and she knows about my incarceration, and I have multiple tattoos.

I mean the idiots here who swear they know me even though we were never friends even in the slightest of ways, believe this and whatever else they " know " about me, then they should believe that the user sang is the woman in her profile pic along with Ducky, and along with all those guest accounts in gen chat of underage " children" because it is a 13+ room after all hence why there are moderators. Now granted if ya got a screenshot of someone being a pervert or kiddy fiddler I am not saying to question if that is real or not, that would be like going into adult chat thinking you are going to find someone to have an intelligent conversation with. Even if you swear up and down that your best friend online is 100% honest with you, or your significant other online is who they say they are, you really do not know that person until you are around that person in real life for about a good year. If you can't grasp that people create an online persona you might need to check yourself. Because YouTubers and tik tokers, cam models, social influencers, etc, guess what, that is mostly their online persona, their avatar. If you are not in that person's life offline, you don't know jack about the person. The people you do know in real life, say coworkers, who are nice and good coworkers at work, you know that person pretty well, but if you are not in their life after work and not asking them personal questions, how well do you really know that person?

DUR HUR TLDR DON'T CARE.

Right.

the title should be "do you believe anything anyone says in a chatroom"
Im Serious Jeff Goldblum GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment