Drug addiction

I was an opiate addict from age 18 to 29 years old. I was snorting them all day. I was what you could consider functioning I suppose. I always kept a job and even went through college. I was spending over $800 bare minimum a month and pushing bills around and kept things late because I had to get pills before bills lol. My worst moment as a human being was when my great-grandmother died. We all went to my grandmother's house for dinner that night and instead of upstairs grieving with my family and being there I was in my granny's bathroom frantically searching for the opiates I knew she had from her prescriptions. I found them and took them. Hell snorted one right there in the bathroom I found them in. I've overcome my addiction but that moment in my life will haunt, humble, and torment me for the rest of my life. I feel guilt for that moment and probably always will.

Today in life I am drug-free, excelling in my career, working towards my goals, and finally for the first time ever able to put some money back every month. I regret many choices I made while on drugs, but will never let them define me now or in the future. I stand tall now because I know what it's like to duck down and cower.

I was an opiate addict from age 18 to 29 years old. I was snorting them all day. I was what you could consider functioning I suppose. I always kept a job and even went through college. I was spending over $800 bare minimum a month and pushing bills around and kept things late because I had to get pills before bills lol. My worst moment as a human being was when my great-grandmother died. We all went to my grandmother's house for dinner that night and instead of upstairs grieving with my family and being there I was in my granny's bathroom frantically searching for the opiates I knew she had from her prescriptions. I found them and took them. Hell snorted one right there in the bathroom I found them in. I've overcome my addiction but that moment in my life will haunt, humble, and torment me for the rest of my life. I feel guilt for that moment and probably always will.

Today in life I am drug-free, excelling in my career, working towards my goals, and finally for the first time ever able to put some money back every month. I regret many choices I made while on drugs, but will never let them define me now or in the future. I stand tall now because I know what it's like to duck down and cower.
Really? Dang... what did the last paragraph say? 😂😂😂

I was addicted to Tramadol following a road traffic accident. Went doowally. Went cold turkey after 2 years on it. I now look at addiction in a different light. Used to wonder why addicts would choose such a life. Now realise no one chooses. It chooses you.

I was addicted to Tramadol following a road traffic accident. Went doowally. Went cold turkey after 2 years on it. I now look at addiction in a different light. Used to wonder why addicts would choose such a life. Now realise no one chooses. It chooses you.
Yea and mine was the company I kept as well. I had to leave that group of people but sadly when I did I ended up completely alone.

This shows you never know what journey people have been on.

@Ks_guy hats off to you ♥️

This shows you never know what journey people have been on.

@Ks_guy hats off to you ♥️
Bless you. ❤️ I was just fortunate to find the will to get past it. So many don’t. We just hurried a friend my age cause he just couldn’t ever get right.

Hats off to you too Sir @Lachlan60

Docs do seem to dish out stuff easily and don’t properly monitor longer term use - not all, but some

@Ks_guy Thank you for sharing your story, very brave of you. I dabbled in my youth with my partner, but most of my experience with addiction was watching someone I love struggle and eventually succumb to his addicted at age 27 in 1999.
So sorry to hear that. I feel fortunate to have made the turn I needed or I’m sure I would have shared the same faith. My heart hurts you for you to have had to watch someone you love suffer. 💜