Fake Lashes ???

theChitten

So I'm addicted to fake eye lashes... However the glue they come with just doesnt stick good enough.

So does anyone have any good techniques at getting them to stay in place.. But not get stick there forever!!! Or any good brands of eye lash glue???

I love fake lashes too cause my real ones are so short. I use the glue that comes with most of the lashes. The white one that dries clear. Ive tried the sephora glue and that one was so ****ty. I say just try different ones. Its not like the glue is expensive. Also make sure you follow the directions. My friend is so ocd about her fake lashes and will keep removing them and fixing them and that makes the glue all dry and she will just put more glue and ruin the lashes

I think might be my problem I keep adjusting them all the time... I'll try just leaving it to dry and see if that works better.

Any glue that dries clear will do. Just make sure you remove any previous glue buildup. Also, make sure you let the glue get "tacky" by allowing it to dry for about 10-15 seconds before applying it to your own lashes. That's the method I follow when I wear my glitter lashes for Halloween :D

OHHH and if you find it difficult to apply lashes with your fingers try using tweezers. You can also cut the lashes in half and apply one half at a time for a more precise application.

Hope this helps!

I never thought of cutting them in half, coz often the problem only happens on one corner.. Thanks so much for the advice. Fully going to try that :D

I use the glue that drys clear so maybe I'm just not waiting for it too get tacky enough and they just not fitting properly.

Maaaan, here's the secret to long luscious real lashes :eek:
Apply one coat of mascara, brushing down
use an eyelash curler
apply another of mascara, brushing down again
use the lash curler again
lastly apply one final coat mascara, brushing down, but your last two brush strokes go upwards
Make sure you re-dip for each coat and brush them out if they are looking clumpy

Well on a normal day i just use mascara like above ^^ But i like to use lashes for a dramatic effect when i go out or w.e and also coz its fun :)

Soooo I Brought Katy perry eyelashes the lashes were yuck but I used the glue and I cut the lashes in half and BINGO! Stayed on all night had no issues. So thanks for all the advice :)

Last edited:
Fake lashes are not really big where i'm from, but i may just give them a try.

You from New Zealand? Me too but i live in london now :)

Fake lashes are the **** if you can get them to work properly haha.. i had eyelash extensions at home tho... but you gota be careful coz they can pull your real ones out

:)

:)

Do you have any tips or tricks for putting on false lash strips?

• Before you start to apply, measure the length of the false lash to make sure it fits your eye shape. This will avoid the corner drooping or worse, the end poking into your eye. If the strip needs be shortened, cut the outer edge completely off with small nail scissors.
  • Take both edges of the false lash and bend them in to create a C shape and hold for a couple of seconds. That's the best way to take out the straightness and ensure it molds to our curved eye shape and stays put without the corners lifting up. Just this alone will make the rest of the process effortless.
  • Apply a high quality glue such as Duolash for long lasting results, not the glue that comes with the pack! If you have a steady hand, you can squeeze straight from the tube onto the strip. Or an easier trick is to put glue on a cotton swab or a toothpick and glide it across the lash strip. Make sure to be generous at both the inner and outer corner so the glue won't unstick when you blink.
  • Wait 10 seconds or so for the glue to become more tactile and sticky before placing onto your own lash line. Try blowing on the glue or gently wave the lash around in the air to speed this up. This is the best way to keep the strip from slipping around while you're trying to line it up properly.
  • Apply the lash to the base of your natural lash line on top of your actual lashes, not on the eyelid at all. The glue dries clear so don't worry if it gets messy.
  • Apply mascara last so you can integrate the natural lashes with the false ones, making sure they mesh into each other.
  • If you see a gap showing on the eyelid skin between your own lashes and the false ones, don't pull off the strip and start again. You can just fill in the gap with either black liquid liner or eyeshadow to hide it.

https://www.beautylish.com/a/vmnin/best-way-to-apply-false-lashes

Fake lashes

Fake lashes

Did your eye lashes grow back or rip out? I've done it loved them could be addicting but paranoid of the final outcome what if mine don't return?

I am terrible at applying fake lashes, so I usually only use them when I have a make up artist doing my make up...
The last time though, my usual makeup artist was away on holidays and I had to hire someone else... She glued half of the lashes onto my real lashes... and part of it was poking into the corner of my eye -I got THE WORST infection EVER!!!

I really should try to learn to apply them myself... :-(