Forum Computer Programming

redcrazykid

A long time ago I used to a programmer for a forum development company, and I've been waiting to prove that a of of these chat rooms and message boards need more features to make people want to go on them. One thing I thought of a few minutes ago was a part where you get an avatar for your username, like a big one, that you can click in and zoom on, or use as your "camera" spot. Then people can vote on suggested to changes that should be made to the picture, and there's nothing the member can do about it. So the picture would change automatically using AI. Wouldn't it be fun? With all the playing favorites and dissing people when you don't even know them?

But what if another company comes out with a program that has way more cool stuff that's actually worth paying for and attracts attention?

What would actually be worth paying for is a more effective way of managing and/or excluding persistent trolls/pervs/spammers et al. Make the chat site friendly and safe and never mind the gimmicks. People want to chat without having to put up with constant disruption and harassment. Crack that problem and you're onto something.

What would actually be worth paying for is a more effective way of managing and/or excluding persistent trolls/pervs/spammers et al. Make the chat site friendly and safe and never mind the gimmicks. People want to chat without having to put up with constant disruption and harassment. Crack that problem and you're onto something.
the bigger issue here is the mods who are trolls themselves and don't get rid of their troll friends who break chat rules incessantly. This creates resentment, which then creates the other issues. I thought mods were supposed to be independent and not engaging with ******** anyway. Seems here they get selected by their troll friends and the cycle repeats itself ad nauseum.

A long time ago I used to a programmer for a forum development company, and I've been waiting to prove that a of of these chat rooms and message boards need more features to make people want to go on them. One thing I thought of a few minutes ago was a part where you get an avatar for your username, like a big one, that you can click in and zoom on, or use as your "camera" spot. Then people can vote on suggested to changes that should be made to the picture, and there's nothing the member can do about it. So the picture would change automatically using AI. Wouldn't it be fun? With all the playing favorites and dissing people when you don't even know them?
troll

set your expectations of this place low...then you'll still get disappointed but not as bad...

things won't change around here...they haven't in 20 years unless they were forced to...