Help my anger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryrytime

Gold Member
How do I keep my self from having meltdowns and not flip out not go crazy I wanna stop doing this over end over I hate being in touble I just don't want to be a loser I want to be happy for once I have really bad temper don't know what to do

Smoke pot, that will calm you down. Or go talk to your doctor for your mood swings. I don't mean to be rude but by all appearances from your behaviour you seem to have some mental health issues that needs to be managed by a health professional and if you are being managed but ignoring advice, then maybe you need to start listening to the professional advice.

Thanks for advice I think I'm gonna be ok I just need music and think positive not worry about things

Therapy.
My anger used to be out of control and I mean out of control. I get into this rage when I’m angry it’s almost like a monster. I am a hitter when I get angry. I break things, punch things, kick things you name it. What helps me when I know I’m about to turn into a monster is breathing. Breathe in and out, or walk away. Turn off your computer when you get mad if it’s the internet that is pissing you off. For me it was always people, for example people at work. My last straw was telling this lady at work to go **** herself and slamming an object on her desk. I learned to walk away when I’m not happy. For my other issues like breaking things I will now grab a broom and hit my TV dinner tray table instead of breaking something valuable. This has worked wonders for me.

Same here..when i get angry i used to break everything near me ..what i used to do is i used to turn on the music and keep it high and dance till i get tired or drink a glass of water when you get angry..anger is the worst enemy have that in your mind

Reactions: Osi
Some things to consider about behavior :

What you are doing...Is it getting you what you want or need ?
Is what you are doing helping or harming ?

As far as getting angry...

"That makes me angry"....is a common phrase.
I would suggest that one take a moment and think about that phrase.
If someone or something "makes" you angry...then you are allowing someone or something to control you , your emotions and your reactions.
Personally I do not like others to control me....

When in a frustrating situation , it may be wise to ask yourself : "So what ? "
So what ? , as in , will this matter or be important to me 5 minutes , 5 days , weeks , months , or years from now...?
When someone is frustrating you...are they "pushing your buttons ?"
If so...remember who actually "owns" those buttons.

Please note that the above is not a critique or the like...Just some things to consider.
Andy
Edits for pre-coffee typing...LOL

Last edited:
Read this book called Angry all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I break things, punch things, kick things you name it.

. For my other issues like breaking things I will now grab a broom and hit my TV dinner tray table instead of breaking something valuable. This has worked wonders for me.

It's good to hear you found some tactics that have helped. Have you thought about joining a boxing gym or something like it to expand on what you've done so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.