Issue With My Dog

iAlissa

I know this isn't a dog-specific forum, and although I'm a member of a pet forum, I wanted other people's input.

I've been working as a dog trainer for the past almost 2 years. While it's a fun and rewarding job, it's very frustrating. I was pretty ecstatic when I brought my puppy home last June, because I finally had my own pup to love and train for my very own. He is now almost 10 months old, and he is a Miniature Pinscher. His name is Zeke.

Zeke is undoubtedly a smart little dude. I've taught him a plethora of commands with general ease, and he's quite obedient, however... this is where my problem lies.
He will ONLY listen to me. This is an issue, as it's very frustrating for my friends, family, and boyfriend. For example, my boyfriend had taken him with him to get us some lunch. When he opened the door, Zeke bolted from the car. He won't take flight, but he wouldn't get back in the car. I had to drive down to the Chipotle to get him because while he stayed close to my boyfriend, he also kept just out of reach. I've gone to several trainers, my boss, and even the internet to get ideas. As of right now, I keep my family and friends loaded with treats to lure him and make him listen. Even if we're at home, he won't listen to anyone. If I'm home and my sister calls him over, he will sit in front of me and stare up as if he's asking permission to go say hello to her. I've spent the most amount of time with him, so we're very closely bonded, but as a dog, his place is to listen to his humans.
Keep in mind, this is not a spoiled little rat of a dog. He lives with strict rules, such as not being allowed on furniture, no barking at people, no jumping, etc. He's very friendly, and very well-behaved, if I'm around.
Any and all tips/input would be appreciated. Again, I've gotten some very good feedback from other forums and sources, but the more I ask around, the better.
Thanks in advance

12074605_1077527685621395_7173787407905885008_n.jpg

My dog will always come back if I'm calling him. He will not leave my side. But he completely ignores everyone else.