Keyboard Rant

ShadowHawk

Chat Room Administrator
Staff member
Chat Room Administrator
This is my little rant on keyboards because I need to vent and what sillier thing to vent about than a keyboard? I mean, how many more dang keyboards am I going to have to purchase before they actually create one that lasts longer than a year? I have tried many different versions from ones that came with a computer I bought to ones I purchased myself from corded ones to wireless and even ones that was lit, I really did enjoy that one, I can sit in a dark room with my lit keyboard and just zen out. I am at this moment down to a wireless Jelly Comb keyboard that came with a mouse. It was so irritating due to the flat nature of it. I hated the way it fit my palm that I had to go and buy a separate Logitech mouse to keep my sanity. Wait! How did this get off-topic? Maybe it's just all technical peripherals that I want to rant about? I will leave it at that...................

Last edited:
Okay, today and a rant that is on the caps lock button on every keyboard. I absolutely despise that dang button. Every keyboard I get and I unbox, the first step I take before I even plug it in, or flip the switch is to grab a screwdriver or a butter knife or the closest flat object I can get and I popped that son of a gun off of the board.

I know I sound sort of off-the-wall on this subject, but how many times I have been in chat rooms and be typing and I hit send only to find out that I had accidentally hit the caps lock button and sent capitalized letters into a chat and have some judgmental dweeb start screaming about me yelling into the chat! Okay, that is my rant for the day....................

Last edited:
I am at this moment down to a wireless Jelly Comb keyboard that came with a mouse. It was so irritating due to the flat nature of it. I hated the way it fit my palm that I had to go and buy a separate Logitech mouse to keep my sanity.
Hello. They make some amazing ergonomic keyboards for people like you who despise the flat nature of the standard keyboard layout. You can also gain extra internet points for using the Dvorak keyboard layout instead of standard Qwerty.

View attachment 939710

Okay, today and a rant that is on the caps lock button on every keyboard. I absolutely despise that dang button. Every keyboard I get and I unbox, the first step I take before I even plug it in, or flip the switch is to grab a screwdriver or a butter knife or the closest flat object I can get and I popped that son of a gun off of the board.

I know I sound sort of off-the-wall on this subject, but how many times I have been in chat rooms and be typing and I hit send only to find out that I had accidentally hit the caps lock button and sent capitalized letters into a chat and have some judgmental dweeb start screaming about me yelling into the chat! Okay, that is my rant for the day....................
This is me with the enter / return key. I pry it off on every single keyboard I have. And then I pick some other random (smaller) unused key, pry it off, and replace the enter key with it. I hate when I'm in chat and I send my message prematurely and half typed. #MakeReturnKeysSmallAgain