My daughter being threatened

Status
Not open for further replies.
@concernedmother and also avoid General chat as well. That room is where it all started, the headquarters of all older men who does sick mind fu ck up things on this site. Tell your daughter to not visit that room or even this site ever again for your daughter's protection.

Can you tell the police to investigate General chat as well plz thanks
Is general chat that bad? I've heard mixed opinions

Since the “goodness” or “badness” of any room is very subjective, I’d recommend judging it for yourself. For example, if someone was banned from a room they might think it’s a bad room based on that experience. Or if someone had a lot of friends and had fun in a room they might think it’s a good room based on that experience.

See for yourself. Try and be in General for 1 month. Observe the general chat especially how users type ther bs in main.

You can also look at the room users list and click those older men's profile, I guarantee you, they will always have a minors in ther friends list.

Most of them are bunch a pretenders who make fake profiles just to hunt the preys

I USED to reg general chat back in classic chat days, and @BlackLivesMatter is the admin. He knows. and trust me - it was more pretty chill back then but mainly that room raided by a bunch a spammers. That was the only issues back then

Unfortunately, there’s a limit to how much protection can be offered to children who use the internet. But in my opinion that protection needs to start in the home with the parents. Parents need to educate their children on the dangers of the Internet and how predators operate online (grooming etc). They also need to limit their children’s access to certain websites that can be potentially dangerous. Finally, they should be monitoring their children’s use of the Internet on a regular basis.

As for websites, there are certain measures they can take to make children safer when they use their site. One is having age restricted rooms. Another is posting warnings and guidance on how to use their site safely. They can also have staff who monitor the rooms to reduce the amount of predators, and to act as a resource the child can talk to if they have a problem or a question. The site can also work with LE so that when a predator is identified, they can be criminally prosecuted.

None of the things mentioned above are fool-proof, and we don’t live in an ideal world. Those are just some things, in general, that can hopefully help.

in my opinion that protection needs to start in the home with the parents. Parents need to educate their children on the dangers of the Internet and how predators operate online (grooming etc). They also need to limit their children’s access to certain websites that can be potentially dangerous. Finally, they should be monitoring their children’s use of the Internet on a regular basis.
@concernedmother this is why i said to talk to law enforcement and to the email, only. otherwise you'll be blamed and shamed for being the victim

@concernedmother this is why i said to talk to law enforcement and to the email, only. otherwise you'll be blamed and shamed for being the victim
I wasn’t even speaking to the OP. I made it very clear that I was speaking in general and not about this specific case. I blamed no one. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
OP. its pretty clear the best advice has been given , which is use email usually anything further here will be infighting and trolling over a very serious issue. a couple of additional things you and her can do on your end.

-clear and abandon all social media platforms. its up to her and you if and when she wants to rejoin SM. but clearing it of her pics and related info can be of benefit. there is no way to clear the tagged places and pics that are already out there, but she can start fresh with safer guidelines/rules. and stop new pics/places from getting out there. some of those rules might look like no uploading personal pics. limiting her friends and posting on sm that allow stricter posting audiences. turning off the setting that allows the SM handle to be searched/indexed on g0ogle.

- if her phone number also got out with her email abandon that as well. changing the number can be easy or a hassle depending on your phone company.

- limiting online use to home wifi might also be an option. or use time limit setting on the phone to manage time and data usage.

- check the activity weekly/daily physically have the phone in your/ partners hands and search it.

- use a parent monitoring app. net nanny, bark, are 2 of the most inclusive ones. there are other options like g00gle family link or life 360. check with your phone company many also have settings you can enable at the service side.

- when in doubt use your contact with the authorities, report anything suspicious on any phone on the same plan, and make them aware of everything related to the stolen pics and email.

having an email and pics shared without her/you knowing is scary. it can be compared to identity theft especially since younger users live online.

Mini back and forth about what rooms you shouldn't and should go to, then defending them

...in reply to someone upset that their daughter (who dosent even use the site) has had their pics stolen and posted on here, from a separate SM. And now has law enforcement involved

Big brain 🧠

Hello @concernedmother

This is a distressing and serious situation. I am very sorry to hear about this.

Relevant information has been provided by others in this thread, that shall hopefully help you. It's also good to hear that you've already contacted law enforcement.
If you haven't yet, I'd strongly advise you send an email regarding this issue to admin[@]chat-avenue.com

As for what I can do, if you private message me here, by clicking on my profile and pressing 'start conversation', and provide the usernames and other relevant information of the perpetrator impersonating your daughter [If you have that information], then the account can be removed from the room ASAP

@Ness_eb @H.R. PufnStuf @Apollo This can be closed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.