Should there be a world-wide "blanket" age of consent?

Should there be a world-wide "blanket" age of consent?

• Total voters
And the question is SHOULD there be, not will there be, not can there be. In your opinion SHOULD there be a blanket age. You're being combative for the sake of being combative at this point.
Ive already answered this about 5 times.
And as I've said, upping the age of consent would actually aid economics in those same countries by stopping the demand of a higher population, by allowing more years to work, and by increasing limited resources by lowering demand due to less children concieved. They all go hand in hand, unfortunately. You're a fool to think otherwise. I'm not saying everyone who escapes poverty will continue this cycle, but it does happen, so then it calls in to question if it's actually poverty for those that do, or if it is greed/miseducation or less wholesome reasons.
There is no root cause for child marriage. Thats why there is no single solution for it.
Child marriage stems from a MULTITUDE of different issues of which POVERTY is one of the main factors.
Raising the age of consent wont single handedly improve the economy and eliminate poverty. Raising the AOC/marriage might have an immediate effect on say "sexual activity" but not without presenting its own set problems. Such as how these families are going to provide for these children for longer periods of time. Thats why the burden of fixing this is up to the society of which they live in, and not anyone else. No one else has a right to either.

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

I'd also argue that a child boy marrying or having sex with an older woman is wrong. Unfortunately, the majority of this is young girls being married off to older men.

Low AOC usually means lower marriage ages, usually means sex, usually means children having children. They are in fact linked.
I am asserting facts. You are making generalizations about many things.
You are also misquoting things i say and putting words in my mouth.

AOC in and of itself is just a legal precedent. It does not mean people will or wont have sex and it does not mean they will or wont get married, whether its a free choice marriage or an arranged marriage. I dont know how i can make that any clearer.

Correlation does not imply causation

As I said, there are parts where you're being combative to just be combative. This is why most people avoid any debate with you. As is this.
If my statements are ignorantly or purposefully(stubleu) misrepresented then i want to make it CLEAR for you to understand.
Thats why im bolding things. You keep saying i said things i did not say or implying nefarious tones. If you dont want to perceive my clarifications as combativeness then respect my dialogue.

Ive already answered this about 5 times.

There is no root cause for child marriage. Thats why there is no single solution for it.
Child marriage stems from a MULTITUDE of different issues of which POVERTY is one of the main factors.
Raising the age of consent wont single handedly improve the economy and eliminate poverty. Raising the AOC/marriage might have an immediate effect on say "sexual activity" but not without presenting its own set problems. Such as how these families are going to provide for these children for longer periods of time. Thats why the burden of fixing this is up to the society of which they live in, and not anyone else. No one else has a right to either.

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

I am asserting facts. You are making generalizations about many things.
You are also misquoting things i say and putting words in my mouth.

AOC in and of itself is just a legal precedent. It does not mean people will or wont have sex and it does not mean they will or wont get married, whether its a free choice marriage or an arranged marriage. I dont know how i can make that any clearer.

Correlation does not imply causation

If my statements are ignorantly or purposefully(stubleu) misrepresented then i want to make it CLEAR for you to understand.
Thats why im bolding things. You keep saying i said things i did not say or implying nefarious tones. If you dont want to perceive my clarifications as combativeness then respect my dialogue.

I ain't reading all that hail

Por favour!