Should you judge a book by its cover?

Bread.

Gold Member
GIF by MOODMAN

Youre at a library. You are walking down the aisle. What makes you pick up one book instead of the other, if not judging the book by its cover alone? If books shouldnt be judged by their covers, then what is the purpose of them having covers?

To the less intelligent people this an apt analogy for what is clearly superficial perception
Its human nature to judge so why is it seen as a bad thing?

If a girl with blue hair and her ass hanging out of her tiny shorts is walking down the library I would probably assume she is a liberal hoe.
I may be wrong about it but that is my opinion to make and there is nothing wrong with making a quick judgement. If i were to speak to that person and find out she is a religious devout virgin I would be surprised.

That does not constitute any sort of hate, but rather a first impression.

There is a difference in in judging a book by its cover and treating someone differently because of their cover.

Super Mario Bros Nintendo GIF by Leroy Patterson

Yes, you should judge a book by its cover if you only know the contents inside. So any poorly written books is going to stand out by the name of the author.

Yes, you should judge a book by its cover if you only know the contents inside. So any poorly written books is going to stand out by the name of the author.

But fundamentally that means youll only ever pick up books you know. How will you ever grow if you dont know what you dont know? You will only limit what you know and youre never going to know anything else.

An example would be you only knowing white people. If you only ever know that white people are cool how will you ever know if a black person is cool, if you only choose to socialize with white people because you know white people are cool.