Stress and Motivation.

Pieck

Don't stress over things all the time. Wether it be a job interview, a test coming up, or just anything. Don't stress over it. Because, wether you're prepared or not, will not make a difference, in the heat of the moment, you will forget. Everything you prepared for, gone from memory for that temporary amount of time, never to be remembered until after the event has concluded.
If you are the few that this doesn't affect, congratulations.

Don't stress over things. Or try your best not to. Put that stress or anxiety away, as it doesn't matter. The job interview, the test, or whatever it may be, doesn't matter. You are on Earth, a planet within a galaxy, a galaxy within a universe, a universe within and is the forever expanding space. These events won't matter. You will be gone, I will be gone, everyone will be gone. If you're lucky, a bunch of people will remember you. But them too, will be gone.
So it's best not to worry about these small events and having to prepare for them, just go with the flow, and everything will be fine.

I lack motivation to do anything in life. Everything sucks to me. Things I once enjoyed now just a chore. And no, telling me to just get motivation or to stop being negative will not work. Motivation is hard to come by, especially if you think there is none for you. Nothing motivates you to do anything. Going to school, work, whatever it may be, there is just no motivation.

Nothing can cure the sadness and depressing thoughts within my mind. Nothing can give me motivation. And no, money is not a motivation for getting a job. And no, good grades is not good motivation for school, or whatever it may be. I will sometimes get random bursts of motivation, nothing more, nothing less. And it always eventually ends quickly.

Once you think you found your motivation, keep it. Keep that motivation. Whatever it may be. For me, it's my friend. They are big motivation for me. Even when I have no motivation, they give me motivation. To do almost anything. If something were to happen to them. Nothing would matter anymore. No motivation, no anything. Nothingness.
Always have your source of motivation. Even if you have none, try to find some. Wether or not it's worth it, is up to you.

My brain was slowly dying while typing this. But, yeah. If this thread gets moved or deleted, so be it. At least I tried.
Thanks for coming to me TedTalk.

Don't stress over things all the time. Wether it be a job interview, a test coming up, or just anything. Don't stress over it. Because, wether you're prepared or not, will not make a difference, in the heat of the moment, you will forget. Everything you prepared for, gone from memory for that temporary amount of time, never to be remembered until after the event has concluded.

Don't stress over things. Or try your best not to. Put that stress or anxiety away, as it doesn't matter. The job interview, the test, or whatever it may be, doesn't matter. You are on Earth, a planet within a galaxy, a galaxy within a universe, a universe within and is the forever expanding space. These events won't matter. You will be gone, I will be gone, everyone will be gone. If you're lucky, a bunch of people will remember you. But them too, will be gone.
So it's best not to worry about these small events and having to prepare for them, just go with the flow, and everything will be fine.

I lack motivation to do anything in life. Everything sucks to me. Things I once enjoyed now just a chore. And no, telling me to just get motivation or to stop being negative will not work. Motivation is hard to come by, especially if you think there is none for you. Nothing motivates you to do anything. Going to school, work, whatever it may be, there is just no motivation.

Nothing can cure the sadness and depressing thoughts within my mind. Nothing can give me motivation. And no, money is not a motivation for getting a job. And no, good grades is not good motivation for school, or whatever it may be. I will sometimes get random bursts of motivation, nothing more, nothing less. And it always eventually ends quickly.

Once you think you found your motivation, keep it. Keep that motivation. Whatever it may be. For me, it's my friend. They are big motivation for me. Even when I have no motivation, they give me motivation. To do almost anything. If something were to happen to them. Nothing would matter anymore. No motivation, no anything. Nothingness.
Always have your source of motivation. Even if you have none, try to find some. Wether or not it's worth it, is up to you.

My brain was slowly dying while typing this. But, yeah. If this thread gets moved or deleted, so be it. At least I tried.
As a paid advice giver I had a horrible time with motivation and would procrastinate big time.. It almost was like I needed a deadline to motivate me enough to start a task I was not wanting to do. I started to do Mindfulness. I do not meditate but the essential point of Mindfulness is to be aware of any and all anxiety and to accept it. Anxiety is our brain telling us we got to do something.
I might suggest that some of the users in this room if you still have COVID blues, having relationship issues, feeling lost there are a number of on line mental health platforms. If you sign up for one of them who knows?, you may get a infamous chat avenue troll as your counselor. If you are so lucky I can motivate you to be a better chatter.

As a paid advice giver I had a horrible time with motivation and would procrastinate big time.. It almost was like I needed a deadline to motivate me enough to start a task I was not wanting to do. I started to do Mindfulness. I do not meditate but the essential point of Mindfulness is to be aware of any and all anxiety and to accept it. Anxiety is our brain telling us we got to do something.
I might suggest that some of the users in this room if you still have COVID blues, having relationship issues, feeling lost there are a number of on line mental health platforms. If you sign up for one of them who knows?, you may get a infamous chat avenue troll as your counselor. If you are so lucky I can motivate you to be a better chatter.
I appreciate your lovely words. A chat Avenue troll as a counselor is better than nothing. Lol.

I appreciate your lovely words. A chat Avenue troll as a counselor is better than nothing. Lol.
I am serious about Mindfulness . It is not for everyone. The main complaint is that some have told me "It did not work, I got all peaceful and calm and it made me more anxious, my mind was filling up with all those anxious thoughts..." However that is evidence that Mindfulness works. You are suppose to deal with those anxious thoughts not try to avoid them by using drugs or alcohol or getting lost in a video or game or much more darker come to a chat room. You can learn to be more motivated and free your soul from that nasty procrastination.

since pandemic started I had pretty tough times. My business didn't survive and I had hard time paying my bills. One day I just didn't want to wake up I am lucky to have a great family and friends who helped me to get out from that deep hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!
I'm so happy to see your post, it's really helpful at this hard and stressful time.
Wish you luck and wellness!

@Pieck I feel this is a wonderful thing you are doing here as to give advice on this topic. I already see positive feedback and find it very refreshing to read. Seeing this alone is a nice stress reliever.

I think what stresses me most is giving myself extremely high expectations on whatever it is I am doing. I don’t consider myself a perfectionist by any means, but when starting a project or task, I expect a specific level of achievement. When I don’t deliver, I feel as if I failed.

Also similar to what @BlackLivesMatter stated, I need deadlines and goals and constantly give them to myself. Sort of like a Rally Race where a car has to make it through a specific Checkpoint within an ideal timeframe. If I do, I’m ahead and can continue stress free and confident. If I don’t, it means I have to work much harder to make it through the next Checkpoint in time. This is the best analogy I can offer in hopes you understand. No one can ever be harder on me than I am on myself and anything without a goal or some type of deadline would encourage me to abandoned whatever it is that I'm doing, resulting to failure.

Again, thank you for creating this thread, I very much enjoyed!

I hope you will have a wonderful year 2022! There are few things which keep me motivated and help to deal with the stress:
- exercises especially yoga help a lot
- meditation
- essential oils https://volant.dk/
- long bath with the candles and light reading

Last edited:

Trapped within the monsoon of never ending self loathing and disassociate with reality kind of hits hard but something about you seems familiar

I'm buried in a lot of work and paperwork now more than I used to be. It gets hard finding the motivation to do it but its also stressful when something else comes along the way. #fuck2020-2021