Suggestions to consider for mods and admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ape

My suggestions are as follows.

1: Every mod should be required to take screenshots of every kick. This protects you as well as suppress any suspicions of wrong doing. Also prevents mods from trolling.

2: Do not require people asking for their ban/kick reason to provide their own screenshots. They can't. They were kicked.

3: Mods who can't provide screenshots on forums should be reprimanded. When I was a mod if you kicked someone and got called out and couldn't provide a screenshot for it our admin would yell at us. If it happened too many times we were fired. Even the bots. You never knew when those sneaky trolls would pretend to be a bot and then complain on forums.

4: People saying someone is harassing them without screenshots is not a valid reason for action.

5: The badge should never be used for defense of anyone's actions.

6: The history of a mod should never carry any weight neither should chatter/mod seniority.

I am not trying to troll or start a fight. I really think at least requiring screenshots from mods will make chat a better place even if the other suggestions are not considered. Whether you are on mobile or pc it can be easily done. It creates a system of accountability and also safety for mods and ******** alike.

With all this being said everyone who has been here long enough knows there have been bad mods at one point or another. The badge does not mean integrity. The next time you see a kick complaint don't automatically assume the person is in the wrong. Wait for the mod responsible to show a screenshot.

P.S. Yeah I know I will get heat for this, but I can take it if it makes chat a better place.

More Sillyness from Ape

More Sillyness from Ape

My suggestions are as follows.

1: Every mod should be required to take screenshots of every kick. This protects you as well as suppress any suspicions of wrong doing. Also prevents mods from trolling.

2: Do not require people asking for their ban/kick reason to provide their own screenshots. They can't. They were kicked.

3: Mods who can't provide screenshots on forums should be reprimanded. When I was a mod if you kicked someone and got called out and couldn't provide a screenshot for it our admin would yell at us. If it happened too many times we were fired. Even the bots. You never knew when those sneaky trolls would pretend to be a bot and then complain on forums.

4: People saying someone is harassing them without screenshots is not a valid reason for action.

5: The badge should never be used for defense of anyone's actions.

6: The history of a mod should never carry any weight neither should chatter/mod seniority.

I am not trying to troll or start a fight. I really think at least requiring screenshots from mods will make chat a better place even if the other suggestions are not considered. Whether you are on mobile or pc it can be easily done. It creates a system of accountability and also safety for mods and ******** alike.

With all this being said everyone who has been here long enough knows there have been bad mods at one point or another. The badge does not mean integrity. The next time you see a kick complaint don't automatically assume the person is in the wrong. Wait for the mod responsible to show a screenshot.

P.S. Yeah I know I will get heat for this, but I can take it if it makes chat a better place.

(1 and 2) If you had any brains you would know it is a fundamental premise of fairness and justice that the ACCUSER holds the burden of proof. When a chatter wants to complain about a mod, THE CHATTER bears the burden of proof. (There is no forum for Mods to complain about ******** and get action thus mods dont have to prove anything)

(2and 3)The owner has told mods that "trolling' is not grounds for kicking. Since that is the case, mod trolling should just be ignored like mods are supposed to ignore "trolling"

4) Agreed unless witnessed by the mod, who's word is good enough unless proven wrong, see (1and 2)

5) Gibberish-mods are treated like crap by trolls and Owner so the so called shield is never any "defence" snce it provides no defence from trolls, creeps and dumb ideas.

6) It already doesnt, more gibberish thats why SS by the accuser troll are required as the forum clearly says.

7) Your last point restates your premise. You want the accused ( the mod) to prove their innocence which is fundamentally unfair and just plain dumb.

Here is another idea for you, no ex mods like you who were rejected from modding by multiple room admins ever make suggestions especially while suffering from PTSD lol

Screen shots can be helpful to a point but also time consuming, especially if you are the only mod in the room at the time and can result in you missing other offences.
However, every time a mod kicks a chatter we have to put a reason why. This saves to the ******** log so any mod for that room can see why a chatter was kicked previously so we can see if this is a repeat offence/offender or not.

Personally I copy and paste the ******** actual post in here which also logs time of that post so exactly what & when the chatter posted can be seen. Therefore ss are not always required

And yes if a chatter accuses another of anything we should require proof to take any action if we have not witnessed it ourselves, however a copy and paste of the offence suffices as like I said this date stamps it. It is amazing how many times a complaint to me about another chatter harassing them has not been followed through when I have asked for a copy and paste of what has been said to them.

Usually in my experience most of the complaints about mods are from people who have the most to hide The 'wasn't me guv' brigade.
Just a radical idea though is that ******** just behave themselves, and YES - that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Last edited:
(1 and 2) If you had any brains you would know it is a fundamental premise of fairness and justice that the ACCUSER holds the burden of proof. When a chatter wants to complain about a mod, THE CHATTER bears the burden of proof. (There is no forum for Mods to complain about ******** and get action thus mods dont have to prove anything)

(2and 3)The owner has told mods that "trolling' is not grounds for kicking. Since that is the case, mod trolling should just be ignored like mods are supposed to ignore "trolling"

4) Agreed unless witnessed by the mod, who's word is good enough unless proven wrong, see (1and 2)

5) Gibberish-mods are treated like crap by trolls and Owner so the so called shield is never any "defence" snce it provides no defence from trolls, creeps and dumb ideas.

6) It already doesnt, more gibberish thats why SS by the accuser troll are required as the forum clearly says.

7) Your last point restates your premise. You want the accused ( the mod) to prove their innocence which is fundamentally unfair and just plain dumb.

Here is another idea for you, no ex mods like you who were rejected from modding by multiple room admins ever make suggestions especially while suffering from PTSD lol

An accusation is proof? You do know cops can't arrest people without physical evidence right? I mean they do sometimes and get the person to plea out, but if they can't produce any they walk free. Lol. What kind of justice system you have up there? You changed my profile to troll me which is what I reported you for originally. I was told that is monitored therefore providing adequate proof of an abuse of your mod powers which is in violations of the terms of service. These are just suggestions I am making to make chat better after dealing with a mod like you. That's all. The point of this post was to have the admins and mods talk about it. Consider it. That is all.

Last edited:
Screen shots can be helpful to a point but also time consuming, especially if you are the only mod in the room at the time and can result in you missing other offences.
However, every time a mod kicks a chatter we have to put a reason why. This saves to the ******** log so any mod for that room can see why a chatter was kicked previously so we can see if this is a repeat offence/offender or not.

Personally I copy and paste the ******** actual post in here which also logs time of that post so exactly what & when the chatter posted can be seen. Therefore ss are not always required

And yes if a chatter accuses another of anything we should require proof to take any action if we have not witnessed it ourselves, however a copy and paste of the offence suffices as like I said this date stamps it. It is amazing how many times a complaint to me about another chatter harassing them has not been followed through when I have asked for a copy and paste of what has been said to them.

Usually in my experience most of the complaints about mods are from people who have the most to hide The 'wasn't me guv' brigade.
Just a radical idea though is that ******** just behave themselves, and YES - that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Copy and paste can come from a notepad. Also if you stop and think about it not one single screenshot has ever been posted of me mod bashing or trolling. The reason why is I never have. I can say that with complete confidence. Do you agree when a mod changes a ******** profile to harass them that is wrong? Is it harassment by that chatter to ask for assistance? When you have someone call you out just show them the screenshot and embarrass them. If someone is kicked or harassed with mod powers by a bad mod reprimand the mod. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
And I don't want this to become a complaint. I want to discuss the points if that is okay. HR is gone. Time to move forward and I wanted to make a few suggestions after my ordeal.

Im not a mod son, I retired May 1st. If this is another of your multi thread hybrids planted in Suggestions thread to burn gen chat mods try using the correct forum. But since Im not a mod that is moot isnt it?

Ill type slower for you. IN EVERY justice system in the west, the ACCUSER holds the burden of proving the accusation. You are trying to reverse that ONUS by requiring the accused (in this case all mods) to prove their innocence ( via SS) but you're just too unaware to grasp that. That is fundamentally unjust. But I see you are just not very astute when it comes to critical reasoning.

In my years as a mod, I avoided drama queens like you and your little enemies. I have very rarely acted on an accusation soley by a chatter against another -for the simple reason it can end up blowing up and sucking the mod into the ****pile. On a few occasions, I have acted on a ******** word if I knew them to be trustworthy over many years. I learned a long time ago to screenshot the roids like you. You got caught red handed, and if we cared enough a user will come forward and torpedo you again in the forums. Last I heard there were probably 1500+ current SS by various mods in gen chat relating to the crybabies, trolls, deviants and false accusers, and those who create drama and troll because of PTSD ( cough cough)

Here you are admitting in forums you create " ****storms" by overreacting to events because of PTSD ffs https://forum.chat-avenue.com/showt...oughts/page2?p=5112885&highlight=#post5112885

Go around the other rooms threatening to SS all the mods like you do in Gen Chat. Im sure they will grow to love you about as much as we did.

Copy and paste can come from a notepad. Also if you stop and think about it not one single screenshot has ever been posted of me mod bashing or trolling. The reason why is I never have. I can say that with complete confidence. Do you agree when a mod changes a ******** profile to harass them that is wrong? Is it harassment by that chatter to ask for assistance?

If people really wanted, as they have been in the past, screen shots can be doctored. It is the tools we have to mod the rooms as best we can, and it is a speedy resolution to one problem and when you are modding a room of 300 odd ******** on your own, is it one solution. That said I have nearly 2,000 screen shots from my time modding in girls chat so I do use that option and have a few already from General.

Also a mod is on that position because they have gained the trust of the admin and should be trusted. There might be a few bad apples but that is for the admin to determine and lets face it you get a two hour kick at worse from a mod, surely people lives are not that sad that they cannot find something to do for two hours?

A mod can change a ******** profile, and it is why they have the ability, when it breaks the rules of a room. General is a 13+ room so anything in a profile that is sexual etc should be removed. However nothing should be added to a profile and the chatter should be told at the time what has been removed and the reason why muting if deemed needed. If this is then added back by the chatter any further action should be taken as needed.

A chatter can ask for assistance of course but should be done in a nice and respectful way. Also proof should be provided of any harassment they are being subjected to and depending on the level of the chatter (VIP etc) a screen shot cannot always be provided which is why a c&p is helpful. However using common sense if it takes 5 odd minutes for them to do a simple c&p then the likelihood is that it may be false. But as I previously said often just asking for the c&p proves false accusations when not provided.

Im not a mod son, I retired May 1st. If this is another of your multi thread hybrids planted in Suggestions thread to burn gen chat mods try using the correct forum. But since Im not a mod that is moot isnt it?

Ill type slower for you. IN EVERY justice system in the west, the ACCUSER holds the burden of proving the accusation. You are trying to reverse that ONUS by requiring the accused (in this case all mods) to prove their innocence ( via SS) but you're just too unaware to grasp that. That is fundamentally unjust. But I see you are just not very astute when it comes to critical reasoning.

In my years as a mod, I avoided drama queens like you and your little enemies. I have very rarely acted on an accusation soley by a chatter against another -for the simple reason it can end up blowing up and sucking the mod into the ****pile. On a few occasions, I have acted on a ******** word if I knew them to be trustworthy over many years. I learned a long time ago to screenshot the roids like you. You got caught red handed, and if we cared enough a user will come forward and torpedo you again in the forums. Last I heard there were probably 1500+ current SS by various mods in gen chat relating to the crybabies, trolls, deviants and false accusers, and those who create drama and troll because of PTSD ( cough cough)

Here you are admitting in forums you create " ****storms" by overreacting to events because of PTSD ffs https://forum.chat-avenue.com/showt...oughts/page2?p=5112885&highlight=#post5112885

Go around the other rooms threatening to SS all the mods like you do in Gen Chat. Im sure they will grow to love you about as much as we did.

That thread is because I was concerned that the system wasn't monitored after having my profile changed for no reason making me aware of it. That issue is closed because like I said a mod friend messaged me said no worries. It is monitored. I am not threatening anyone. I am just making suggestions.

If people really wanted, as they have been in the past, screen shots can be doctored. It is the tools we have to mod the rooms as best we can, and it is a speedy resolution to one problem and when you are modding a room of 300 odd ******** on your own, is it one solution. That said I have nearly 2,000 screen shots from my time modding in girls chat so I do use that option and have a few already from General.

Also a mod is on that position because they have gained the trust of the admin and should be trusted. There might be a few bad apples but that is for the admin to determine and lets face it you get a two hour kick at worse from a mod, surely people lives are not that sad that they cannot find something to do for two hours?

A mod can change a ******** profile, and it is why they have the ability, when it breaks the rules of a room. General is a 13+ room so anything in a profile that is sexual etc should be removed. However nothing should be added to a profile and the chatter should be told at the time what has been removed and the reason why muting if deemed needed. If this is then added back by the chatter any further action should be taken as needed.

A chatter can ask for assistance of course but should be done in a nice and respectful way. Also proof should be provided of any harassment they are being subjected to and depending on the level of the chatter (VIP etc) a screen shot cannot always be provided which is why a c&p is helpful. However using common sense if it takes 5 odd minutes for them to do a simple c&p then the likelihood is that it may be false. But as I previously said often just asking for the c&p proves false accusations when not provided.

Does it provide what it was changed from and too? Or only that it was changed? Because if that is the case I didn't know I was suppose to screenshot it. I figured they would see it. If that is the case then it is unproven and I didn't know that.

Anyway I am just going to leave this thread here for you guys to discuss. I shouldn't respond because we are getting off topic. Ty for your time.

if youre that concerned about illegal boots download screen cast or similar and hit record the instant you enter the room. and hit end record when youve logged out/been removed. then if you have an issue you have an automatic record to back up your issue you will undoubtedly make a public thread about, instead of pming that rooms admins.

as for the rest take it to cms pm box

Status
Not open for further replies.