Traveling healthcare professionals

Ks_guy

Boys Chat Mod
Staff member
Are there any traveling healthcare professionals here? If yes can you tell me about it.

1 the good and then bad
2. Are you single or did you travel with Or without your partner
3. What agency do you use. Is there any you heard or good or don’t like.

I can’t make my mind up and wanted to know as much as I could before I decided.

Hello! I am a traveling CNA.
1. The good about it is making more money in the facilities I go to, usually more than the CNA’s that work there. It’s also nice how I can pick my own schedule, I can pick whether I want to work holidays or not which is nice. I also pick where I want to work as long as the facility/hospital has availability.
Cons: Inconsistent hours, sometimes you can be cancelled at the last minute like your shift can be cancelled. I always hate how some of the staff that work there will treat you like an outsider. Also half the time you don’t know what you’re walking into.
2: I am married. I don’t travel like out of state or anything but I travel up to 2-3 hours away. My partner does not come with me, it’s usually a good break away though.
3. I can’t name my company due to me not wanting to be doxxed, but if you live in California I can give you some good recommendations if you pm me. :)

1. The good about it is making more money in the facilities I go to, usually more than the CNA’s that work there. It’s also nice how I can pick my own schedule, I can pick whether I want to work holidays or not which is nice. I also pick where I want to work as long as the facility/hospital has availability.
Cons: Inconsistent hours, sometimes you can be cancelled at the last minute like your shift can be cancelled. I always hate how some of the staff that work there will treat you like an outsider. Also half the time you don’t know what you’re walking into.
2: I am married. I don’t travel like out of state or anything but I travel up to 2-3 hours away. My partner does not come with me, it’s usually a good break away though.
3. I can’t name my company due to me not wanting to be doxxed, but if you live in California I can give you some good recommendations if you pm me. :)
Thank you for your insight. I am looking at some national ones that would be sending me to any place in the US. To get the stipend I think you have to be mote than 50 miles away from your address. I would be on 13 week assignments. The money is very intriguing. I am a medical lab tech. I just saw a CO posting for $4500/week. It would be tough being away 13 weeks though with having a partner but I think we could handle that. He’s going into the guard so he will be away to. It’s just nerve wrecking to leave a stable home job and be in something not concrete lol.

Reactions: Osi
@jamie40134 can we please keep this topic like on the topic.
@Ks_guy ohh a medical lab tech that is awesome. I wish I knew more about travel agency companies that deal with that. I have been on assignments before like 8 weeks at the most but it’s usually like 2 hours away nothing more but they still give you a hotel so I would work my 4-5 days then go back home for a few days then go back. That is amazing though. Research research research! You don’t want to be stuck at a facility/hospital for 13 weeks or more and be miserable that’s all I’m saying. Good luck on your career path, I am sure you’ll find a great place to work at. ❤️

1. The good about it is making more money in the facilities I go to, usually more than the CNA’s that work there.

I read this and it was enough.

You making them dollars or pounds love