Why is the climate changing.

The UK parliament over climate change made me think of the theories of Henrik Svensmark. He claims that it isn't carbon dioxide in the air that alters the climate to any great degree. Rather, he believes, it's changes in the sun affecting the quantity of cosmic rays bombarding the earth that's the culprit. It would seem that the greater the number of cosmic rays hitting the earth's atmosphere, the greater the cloud cover. As I sat shivering this morning because it was so cloudy, I couldn't help thinking that Svensmark might be right.

When the sun is less active more cosmic rays reach the earth and more cloud is produced. And seeing that thick cloud can reduce the energy from the sun hitting the earth by up to 50% there is no surprise it has a big impact on climate.

Cosmic rays only produce rain clouds as a side effect of the reactions to them. When there is no moisture for clouds there will be no clouds what ever else happens.

The rays will hit the ground....and the water.

Without clouds the heating power of the Sun increases...and looking at the satellite images there seems in fact to be less clouds.

The most important fact in temperatures seems to be the wind which is the motive force which moves hot and cold air about...or else things are stagnant and little moves and Less is more of less.