Is Doctor Who a dead series?

Doctor Help GIF by Apple TV+

Dr Who was so much better when it was right wing, My favourite season was when Suella Braverman was his companion and they fought against the evil invading force known as the channel crossers.

Doctor Who went from being a tale about a serious time traveller completely devout to protect humanity at any cost - but up until the Jodie Whittaker era, doctor who started becoming slightly more woke.

Replacing the traditional values of Doctor Who with slight propoganda and agenda. But this went even worse with the recent 60 year anniversary.

This anniversary special involved the thought of pronouns and insulting men by a transgender character and female character. This 60 year anniversary also shattered the main plot points that were set in the previous doctor who series.

One of the first thing she does when she meets an alien is to tell off the doctor for assuming the Meep was a male - since when have we cared about getting the correct pronouns of an alien species?

I understand if you want to know if the alien is a male or female of the species but it went to absurdity when he adds "they" to the list.
You can't even be a they in real life. Let alone in a Sci Fi world.
(I guess that just shows how ridiculous 'they' pronouns are)

Uh... Clearly YOU care about the pronouns of an alien...

Renders your whole post defunct on that basis alone.

PS... Let it be known that Dr. Who was revamped in 2005 by a very gay, very supportive member of the LGBTQIA+ movement, you simpleton. Without him, Dr. Who would never have come back at all. In fact the majority of his other TV shows are very inclusive.

Literally was about to say if youโ€™ve got Russel T Davies, you can 100% guarantee he will include a diverse range of characters.

I like when how triggered everyone got when it was revealed the doctor was black.
More outrage than when doctor was revealed as a woman. ๐Ÿ˜€

those weeping angels still terrify me

Edit typo

Last edited:
Literally was about to say if youโ€™ve got Russel T Davies, you can 100% guarantee he will include a diverse range of characters.

I like when how triggered everyone got when it was revealed the doctor was black.
More outrage than when doctor was revealed as a woman. ๐Ÿ˜€

those weeping angels still terrify me

Edit typo
Weeping angels are the best Doctor Who monster ever!

Don't blink. Don't even blink.

Weeping angels are the best Doctor Who monster ever!

Don't blink. Don't even blink.
Absolutely! The first jumpscare when it zoomed at the screen remember near dropping dinner eating on my lap! ๐Ÿคฃ

As for Doctor who being a dead series? Iโ€™ve never been a diehard fan and I only really watched David tennant because holy moly. Matt smith was fab I thought I liked his quirkiness.

Not my cuppa tea anymore tho but clearly it works because of the diversity itโ€™s inclusive. To me it seems weird having a female doctor because I always felt the female companion were the better characters.

DONNA NOBLE A TEMP FROM CHIZZICK

After the Christmas special featuring Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor, is it safe to say that the series is now dead due to the new woke approach ?

Of course, the writing is also terrible since the last few series.
But the woke approach is also a huge factor as it's not what true fans want.

According to viewing figures, Church on Ruby Road is the least viewed Christmas special ever in the history of Doctor Who. Beating the Christmas specials from Peter Capaldi that doubled their overnight viewers but we're also the least viewed specials since now.

What do you guys think about the current state of Doctor Who?
If it is dead, what reasons do you believe caused it?

what makes doctor who more "woke" now than it's ever been?

Well, there have been many instances that just seem to be annoying.
The first thing that Donna's 'daughter' does after finding an alien is
judging the doctor for assuming the gender of an alien...

I understand that maybe you will want to know if an alien is male or female according to its species as all biology revolves around two possibilities. But adding 'they' to the list just sorta annoyed me and most other people.

Secondly, after Donna wakes up from 'dying' from the metacrisis - I loved the explanation that the crisis would have split in half from her brain to her child's which would help her survive and give her brain less to burn with,

However, the part where Donna starts saying "Binary. Binary. Binary." and it cuts to her 'daughter' saying non binary is blatantly shoving gender identity in a place where it doesn't belong. As the binary that Donna was referring to were the ones and zeros that computers communicate with.

Now, I have no problem if they want to include a trans character but they could have done better by not making her gender identity and politics her whole character. It simply felt like she was added as a way to share the message.

Finally, the ending of the Star Beast involved two things that really annoyed most fans:

1. They insulted men and the doctor - claiming that a 'male' presenting time lord couldn't understand how to fix the metacrisis. Aka letting it go.

2. They fully destroyed the reason Donna had to lose her memory in the first place. If it was as easy as 'letting go' why did she just not do that?

3. They broke the fourth wall just for Donna to say "it is a shame you aren't a woman anymore." even though he never told her who he was in a previous generation.

All of this doesn't even mention the final special where they introduced 'bi-generation' that completely destroys the 60 years of plot and sacrifice that the doctor made - as all the doctors are allegedly all alive in their own reality. Which is what is called the 'Whoniverse'.

Russell T Davis has done nothing but make horrible changes to the show since he returned - he doesn't care about the fans that got him to where he is or to where doctor who currently was at its prime. He just cares about pushing what he believes.

(even Davros, the creator of the daleks wasn't safe from his progressiveness)

probably because it featured a trans actor...when they don't acknowledge that Dr Who IS a trans character...:rolleyes:

Doctor Who isn't trans. Don't even try to make that comparison.

The difference between Doctor Who and trans people is that when the Doctor fully regenerates, their biology is completely rewritten. Everything about him changes to whatever gender he becomes.

Even the cells and chemistry of the brain changes and gives him a new personality almost as if it is a whole different person, because it is.
The only thing the doctor really keeps is his memories.

I don't remember ever seeing the doctor go through gender reassignment surgery and purposely going on HRT or whatever men do to pretend to be women.

Episode 4 Laughing GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

and there you have it...the antitrans narrative

You clearly didn't read all of it.

I stated that they destroyed the plot, broke the fourth wall, rewrote 60 years of doctor who history, rewrote key characters such as Davros to fit RTD'a narrative.

Read the full thing next time you lazy ****.

Edit: if doctor who truly isn't dying, how is last year's Christmas special the lowest viewed Christmas special out of every doctor who special ever released ?

just about every piece of art ever created has had a message/agenda/politics attached to it. it's why most artists create art in the first place. so i find it really odd that now all of a sudden it's a problem.

i like that you're fully ok with a fictional character going through science fiction transitioning but can't accept the fact that real people go through real transitions to better express who they are

and i don't have to read any of your
s.png
. this isn't a debate

just about every piece of art ever created has had a message/agenda/politics attached to it. it's why most artists create art in the first place. so i find it really odd that now all of a sudden it's a problem.

That is when people create new pieces of art.
You don't see people changing the Mona Lisa for their agendas, do you?

Doctor Who lore was established and remained the same for decades.
But they just changed it all now to fit the progressive ideology.
Atleast they are now calling Ncuti and Millie's era "series one".

i like that you're fully ok with a fictional character going through science fiction transitioning but can't accept the fact that real people go through real transitions to better express who they are

and i don't have to read any of your
s.png
. this isn't a debate

I am okay with an time lord fully changing biology.
Because it's fictional. It's not real. It's Sci Fi.

That's the only place where changing your gender should be.
You can't rewrite your biology. You can't change what you are.
You can only force your body to grow unnaturally to make you feel better.

There is a big difference between doctor who and real life.
So do not call Doctor Who a trans character.

Well if having a black, gay Doctor that supports trans rights is "woke" (one of the laziest labels every thought up by the right and indicative of a person that is considerate, respects gender choices and despises bigotry) then I say good. If it makes a few more bigots blood pressure soar to dangerous levels, then I say even better. If it pisses off "christians" ("woke" values as defined by the right are more aligned with christian values than the right wing christians that use the label could ever aspire to). It'll go from strength to strength especially with Russell T. Davies writing it again.

Oh and no surprise the OP posted this as a "debate". It's just a typical TinyJoeTheBellend promotion of bigoted values as usual. Boring and predictable.