Is Doctor Who a dead series?

JosephTheMainMan

Hello, my mostly British brothers.

Some of you Americans may know doctor who and you are welcome to take part in this conversation.

Doctor Who went from being a tale about a serious time traveller completely devout to protect humanity at any cost - but up until the Jodie Whittaker era, doctor who started becoming slightly more woke.

Replacing the traditional values of Doctor Who with slight propoganda and agenda. But this went even worse with the recent 60 year anniversary.

This anniversary special involved the thought of pronouns and insulting men by a transgender character and female character. This 60 year anniversary also shattered the main plot points that were set in the previous doctor who series.

What do you guys think with the current status of Doctor Who?

Hello, my mostly British brothers.

Some of you Americans may know doctor who and you are welcome to take part in this conversation.

Doctor Who went from being a tale about a serious time traveller completely devout to protect humanity at any cost - but up until the Jodie Whittaker era, doctor who started becoming slightly more woke.

Replacing the traditional values of Doctor Who with slight propoganda and agenda. But this went even worse with the recent 60 year anniversary.

This anniversary special involved the thought of pronouns and insulting men by a transgender character and female character. This 60 year anniversary also shattered the main plot points that were set in the previous doctor who series.

What do you guys think with the current status of Doctor Who?
Hi, long time Doctor Who fan here. I think you need to take a break from the internet and - hear me out, here - shut the **** up. If you're so butthurt by the existence of a trans character (How terrifying, oh no! /sar) and the discussion of pronouns, you're welcome to stop watching. We all have pronouns, you buffoon. And trying to fit the Doctor, a timeless alien, into your predefined gender roles, is quite frankly, ridiculous.

If this is too aggressive, staff, I have no problem with this reply's deletion and facing any repercussions - I just had to say what had to be said.

Hi, long time Doctor Who fan here. I think you need to take a break from the internet and - hear me out, here - shut the **** up. If you're so butthurt by the existence of a trans character (How terrifying, oh no! /sar) and the discussion of pronouns, you're welcome to stop watching. We all have pronouns, you buffoon. And trying to fit the Doctor, a timeless alien, into your predefined gender roles, is quite frankly, ridiculous.

If this is too aggressive, staff, I have no problem with this reply's deletion and facing any repercussions - I just had to say what had to be said.

Out of pure kindness, I won't make a complaint about it.
But you are just automatically assume that the one point that they are trans is why I dislike the new era of Doctor Who - when it is more than that.

One of the first thing she does when she meets an alien is to tell off the doctor for assuming the Meep was a male - since when have we cared about getting the correct pronouns of an alien species?

I understand if you want to know if the alien is a male or female of the species but it went to absurdity when he adds "they" to the list.
You can't even be a they in real life. Let alone in a Sci Fi world.
(I guess that just shows how ridiculous 'they' pronouns are)

Secondly, the 60 year anniversary special destroys many plot points that were set in the previous 10 and Donna era of Doctor Who. Remember the whole point of "if she remembers me, she will die!" after she got the mind of a time lord and became the Doctor Donna.

I fully understand the concept of the metacrisis being passed down and split with her son, but the moment Donna started saying "Binary. Binary." and it cuts to her son saying "non binary" just fully breaks what it was actually meant. When she was saying it before the doctor wiped her brain, she was talking about the computer term 'binary' not gender.

They essentially forced it into a situation where her being "non binary" (doesn't exist) meant that she could handle the whole mind of a time Lord. Not only does the ridiculousness end there. But after the Meep is handled with, she says something along the following "It's a shame you aren't a woman anymore, because she would have understood." (She was never told that the doctor was previously a woman, breaking the fourth wall to insult men)

But it turns out that Donna for this whole time, which somehow someone even as smart as the doctor couldn't figure out, was that she could just "LET IT GOOO, LET IT GOOO!" (lol elsa reference) and then the metacrisis would just disappear.

I won't even cover how they fucked up Davros.
Being a long term Doctor Who fan, you should be insulted.
You clearly don't care about the series if you aren't seeing how it was ruined.

P.S Did you just assume my pronouns were buffoon / buffoonself?!
Get Cancelled.

I 100% agree with you.

Out of pure kindness, I won't make a complaint about it.
But you are just automatically assume that the one point that they are trans is why I dislike the new era of Doctor Who - when it is more than that.

One of the first thing she does when she meets an alien is to tell off the doctor for assuming the Meep was a male - since when have we cared about getting the correct pronouns of an alien species?

I understand if you want to know if the alien is a male or female of the species but it went to absurdity when he adds "they" to the list.
You can't even be a they in real life. Let alone in a Sci Fi world.
(I guess that just shows how ridiculous 'they' pronouns are)

Secondly, the 60 year anniversary special destroys many plot points that were set in the previous 10 and Donna era of Doctor Who. Remember the whole point of "if she remembers me, she will die!" after she got the mind of a time lord and became the Doctor Donna.

I fully understand the concept of the metacrisis being passed down and split with her son, but the moment Donna started saying "Binary. Binary." and it cuts to her son saying "non binary" just fully breaks what it was actually meant. When she was saying it before the doctor wiped her brain, she was talking about the computer term 'binary' not gender.

They essentially forced it into a situation where her being "non binary" (doesn't exist) meant that she could handle the whole mind of a time Lord. Not only does the ridiculousness end there. But after the Meep is handled with, she says something along the following "It's a shame you aren't a woman anymore, because she would have understood." (She was never told that the doctor was previously a woman, breaking the fourth wall to insult men)

But it turns out that Donna for this whole time, which somehow someone even as smart as the doctor couldn't figure out, was that she could just "LET IT GOOO, LET IT GOOO!" (lol elsa reference) and then the metacrisis would just disappear.

I won't even cover how they fucked up Davros.
Being a long term Doctor Who fan, you should be insulted.
You clearly don't care about the series if you aren't seeing how it was ruined.

P.S Did you just assume my pronouns were buffoon / buffoonself?!
Get Cancelled.
Sigh. I have a life to get on with so let's get this over with.

You can go ahead and complain about my reply - I assure you I'm not stopping you.

For what it's worth, you make a half-decent point about the metacrisis, I do agree. It is true that the episode destroyed a few plot points from Tennant's original era, and I took issue with that originally, because nobody likes a retcon (and it's why Chibnall's writing was under such heavy fire). It did not make sense that Donna could just let it go, when it was life-threatening in the past. But the show's plot has been retconned beyond belief at this point, which is bound to happen when you're working with multiple showrunners over the course of 60 years. It's nothing to do with "wokeness".

I doubt you have the capacity or human empathy to understand this, but perhaps try to get this in your thick skull; your "They're turning our kids queer!"-esque rhetoric does not work on a show that has had LGBTQ+ representation practically since its genesis (see King Priam, "The Myth Makers" - Series 3, 1965), featured Captain Jack Harkness (an openly queer character), Madame Vastra and Jenny (a married lesbian couple) and features a literal two-hearted alien as its protagonist.

I am not claiming the Doctor is trans. I am telling you that the Doctor is an alien. Now, why would a being with two-hearts and the ability to infinitely regenerate (a retcon i'm admittedly pissed at myself, but it's whatever) follow your archaic notion of "There are only two genders!" (which is quite literally biologically and culturally false, for the record)? The Doctor is not a boy, or a girl, or even non-binary for that matter, because guess what? It was stated that the Doctor is just that - The Doctor. If you'd watched the special, you'd know that.

To answer your original question, Doctor Who is not a dead series. If you see me as a lesser fan for stating that, it is clear that you are the one that does not care about the show. Once again, if you think it's so baffling that it ruins the show, you're welcome to switch to another channel.

P.S. Your joke wasn't funny. Try again.

Seriously, why do you start these religious agenda driven threads? Are you incapable of steering away from this? Is this your life's goal to try to force your extremist views on others constantly? It's tiresome and you don't actually debate worth a damn.

For my part the more gammon raging the changes cause, the better. Idris Elba for 007!

Seriously, why do you start these religious agenda driven threads? Are you incapable of steering away from this? Is this your life's goal to try to force your extremist views on others constantly? It's tiresome and you don't actually debate worth a damn.

For my part the more gammon raging the changes cause, the better. Idris Elba for 007!

I am talking about a series that I have long been a fan of for a very long time. No religious stuff here. Just talking about how a well beloved series has been taken over as a way for the writer to spread the message. :)

Nothing extreme with wanting to discuss about a series being ruined.

It'll go from strength to strength. Just because you're uncomfortable with social change doesn't mean that all of the fanbase is especially with Russell T. Davis back in the writing role. Look at the whining that happened when Jodie Whittaker was announced. It all worked out fine and if a few gammons stopped watching then who actually cares?

It's not religious. It's political. I identify as a liberal who likes to have television shows to be entertaining, not lecturing.

Same can be same for wokeness: is it the BBC, Disney et al life goals to try an force alternative left-wing political views on others constantly? It gets tiring as we are often left with very sloppy script-writing and intolerable characters.

I stopped watching Doctor Who during the start of Peter Capaldis final season. I don't have the means or the heart to watch the new series of Doctor Who anymore, even if they go back to 2000s story telling

The BBC actually annoys right wing and left wing fairly equally so they're probably getting it about right. Also once you invoke the word woke you're not only being incredibly lazy but you're basically handing in your credibility card.