How do you deal with micromanagement?

what if you get a message every five seconds and if you don't answer they show up at your desk?

what if they are someone that retaliates through passive aggressive behavior?
this sounds like a pretty hostile work environment. as much as it pains me i have to agree with finn. (it pains me to agree with finn and also because i hate human resources) but it's time to get somebody involved in this. whether it's hr or a supervisor or somebody. not really knowing the structure of your workplace. nobody should have to put up with this nonsense.

i tend to have zero problems blowing everything up, burning bridges and leaving a disaster behind me, but i know that's not how most normal people handle things. so i'll let more responsible/reasonable people advise you.

this sounds like a pretty hostile work environment. as much as it pains me i have to agree with finn. (it pains me to agree with finn and also because i hate human resources) but it's time to get somebody involved in this. whether it's hr or a supervisor or somebody. not really knowing the structure of your workplace. nobody should have to put up with this nonsense.

i tend to have zero problems blowing everything up, burning bridges and leaving a disaster behind me, but i know that's not how most normal people handle things. so i'll let more responsible/reasonable people advise you.
It may have to happen this way. I would much rather not though.

It may have to happen this way. I would much rather not though.
I know it seems easier to not make waves. But you can’t let someone walk all over you and create an unhappy work environment for you. If your HR department is professional, you’ll be kept away from things after making a report and they’ll deal with the situation.

But before it comes to that, have you tried having a frank discussion with this individual?

I know it seems easier to not make waves. But you can’t let someone walk all over you and create an unhappy work environment for you. If your HR department is professional, you’ll be kept away from things after making a report and they’ll deal with the situation.

But before it comes to that, have you tried having a frank discussion with this individual?
No, I am afraid to do it. I have talked to their boss about it.

Document everything. Emails, meetings with HR, dealings with this person, etc. My wife went through a sort of similar event a couple years ago. Keeping a log certainly helped her case. Especially if it’s already been brought up to management and the person is ignoring their recommendations.

I think they talked to them cause it stopped for like a week.
You are too passive you need to assert your dominance In the workplace
rock steady boots GIF by All Saints

I can't say much about it in a public forum, but advice on how to deal with it would be much appreciated. ( I am not micromanaged here so don't even start that nonsense.)
So are you micromanaged here? Oh my

I talk to your room admin and slap him senseless for his micromanaging ways

"I understand the importance of this project and understand the position you are in, however, it seems as though you lack confidence in my abilities to see this out and whilst I welcome feedback, it is distracting me from the task at hand, is there a better system for us to communicate the progress and/or combine our resources to ensure that we can navigate this more adeptly?"

OR

"I am feeling like you aren't secure in my ability to complete this project to your desired standards, would you like to set out some expectations and hold weekly/monthly meetings for updates during this time until the date of the deadline so we can both manage our time accordingly whilst tracking progress"