2018/19 NHL Thread

im a Canadiens fan, though I havent watched them play for a few seasons in entirety so many of the roster names i'm unfamiliar with.

that's ok though, looking at some of the stats andnumbers these guys HAVEN'T put up makes it feel like it's going to be a long season. Terrible season last year. Carey Price (lke many of the goalies for Montreal in the past 15 season or so) has been an utter disappointment. His GGA lat year was I think above 3.00. no defence..and no guys to score goals.

im not sure but I think they lost 40 gams last season lol..anyways..

that being said, their rival, Leafs have Taveres now (wow Babc0ck is makin a serious run with this team now) along side Auston Matthews.

I think id be more inclined to watch Toronto's first line but I live in a Montreal market for tv and im way out east so I can see the Leafs play very often like u folks from Ontario etc.

thank you for the thread.

ill be inspired to log in and see the recaps of how the teams are doing..and to check out the losses for the Habs lol

Im not sure what games you guys are watching today. I'll be trying to keep tabs on the Canadiens vs the Penguins game:

In their season-opening games, the Pittsburgh Penguins won in overtime but thought there was a fair amount of room for improvement and the Montreal Canadiens lost in overtime but were encouraged by what they thought was a strong performance.

That sets an interesting stage for the matchup on Saturday at PPG Paints Arena.

"I'm disappointed in the loss -- you always think you could have, should have won the game -- but I'm not disappointed in the effort we put out," Montreal coach Claude Julien said of a 3-2 loss to Toronto.

nhl.c0m

Go Habs.

Game 1 in Boston. Sr.Louis 1-0 at the end of the 1st period. 8 shots a piece and some quality chances by Boston as well as a couple of power-plays!

Update: End of the 2nd Period. Blues (St.Louis) went 2 nil up a minute into the 2nd. Bruins(Boston) came hard after a sluggish 1st period following a 10 day lay-off, scored their first a minute later and then tied it up with a power-play goal @ 12:41. Boston dominant and St.Louis not helping their cause with stupid penalties!

Last edited:
Game 2 kicks off @ 10am Aussie eastern (8pm US eastern)

Edit: 1 hour & 40 mins to go!

Update: 2 all at the end of regulation with all 4 goals coming at regular intervals in the 1st period. A pulsating last 5 mins with both teams having their opportunities to get the go-ahead goal.

St.Louis much more physical than Game 1 and their puck handling is also much better! The goalies always continue to fascinate me!

Last edited:
Blues win game 2 with a goal 4 mins into overtime. Next two games @ St.Louis and is effectively now a best of 5 series with St.Louis playing 3 of those games at home! The last 5 mins of the 3rd was intense with both teams having their chances. The Blues looked the harder side though and dominated the overtime period! Really looking fwd to the next two games!

Blues win game 2 with a goal 4 mins into overtime. Next two games @ St.Louis and is effectively now a best of 5 series with St.Louis playing 3 of those games at home! The last 5 mins of the 3rd was intense with both teams having their chances. The Blues looked the harder side though and dominated the overtime period! Really looking fwd to the next two games!

Idk, I'm still hopeful for my Bruins.