Any marksmanship?

maqboolv3vod

Un-Banned
Are there any snipers/marksman here?

I'm an army sniper; it requires patience and many skills.

Frequently asked questions:
  • How many adults have I killed? Alot.
  • How many children have I killed? A lot.
ROE prevents me from doing some stuff tho.

It can go two ways: either you take the shot or one of your teammates takes it.

The army provides support and resources for soldiers who experience emotional distress or struggle with the psychological impact of taking someone's life during combat. This assistance can include counseling, therapy, peer support groups, and other mental health services aimed at helping soldiers cope with and process their experiences.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I haven't sought counseling for this before. I can be quite resilient, even cold-hearted at times.

There aren't many snipers in the army because of the killing and related experiences; most snipers deal with flashbacks and difficult memories.

In quite positive the US Army Snipers, would not intentionlly target civilians (unless they were armed combatants, and would never intentionally target children.

to do so would be to admit to a war crime, and violations of the Geneva Conventions.

With all due respect- think about what you say man.

In quite positive the US Army Snipers, would not target civilians (unless they were armed combatants, and would never intentionally target children.

to do so would be to admit to a war crime, and violations of the Geneva Conventions.

Never

In quite positive the US Army Snipers, would not intentionlly target civilians (unless they were armed combatants, and would never intentionally target children.

(ROE) Rules of Engagement, I know them. Almost everyone does, you know there’s always that one guy.

Timothy Mcveigh was a sniper in the army as well. He talked of what that did to him and how it led to an intense sense of hatred toward the U.S. government. Then the OKC bombing.

Well, not targeting children is not necessarily true, in the Viet Nam war the Viet Cong used to strap Grenades to small children and then tell them to pull the ring for more candy but only when they showed US foot troops on patrol , As I was told from a friend that was there. They in turn would "eliminate" the threat.

Well, not targeting children is not necessarily true, in the Viet Nam war the Viet Cong used to strap Grenades to small children and then tell them to pull the ring for more candy but only when they showed US foot troops on patrol , As I was told from a friend that was there. They in turn would "eliminate" the threat.
The evolution of rules of engagement (ROE) reflects the dynamic nature of warfare, adapting to various factors such as changing tactics, technological advancements, and strategic shifts.
  • The United States Army has undergone significant transformations since the Vietnam War.
  • Within the legal and ethical frameworks established by international humanitarian law (IHL), including the Geneva Conventions, ROE prioritize the protection of civilians, prisoners of war, and non-combatants. Emphasizing acceptable conduct during armed conflict, these frameworks underscore the ethical considerations integral to military operations.
  • Advancements in military technology, spanning precision-guided munitions, drones, and cyber warfare capabilities, have reshaped warfare dynamics. These innovations afford more precise targeting capabilities, thereby mitigating civilian casualties while presenting new challenges concerning oversight and accountability.
  • In response to the prevalence of counterinsurgency and asymmetric warfare post-Vietnam, ROE have adapted to confront non-state actors and insurgent groups. Strategies emphasize the imperative to win hearts and minds, safeguard civilian populations, and minimize collateral damage amidst evolving conflict landscapes.
  • Increased scrutiny from media and human rights organizations underscores the importance of adhering to ROE. Public opinion and international pressures influence military decision-making, notably in contentious areas such as drone strikes, interrogation methods, and prisoner treatment.
  • Emphasizing commander's intent and flexibility, contemporary ROE empower leaders on the ground to navigate dynamic environments while upholding principles of proportionality, distinction, and necessity. This adaptability ensures ROE remain effective in addressing evolving threats while preserving ethical standards in warfare.

It’s Gaschan. Of course he intentionally targets children
  • If you're referring to targeting individuals with a sniper rifle and engaging them with lethal force, then yes, that's part of my duty, whether they're adults or otherwise, When I receive the command one of the following commands.
My Response to your Question @Finn2.0:
  • Absolutely not. Do you think I'd jeopardize my career by firing on friendly forces? No way. And I'm certainly not willing to face the consequences of committing a war crime. We, as snipers, are meticulous in our actions. All it takes is one mistake, like mistaking a phone for a bomb, to have catastrophic consequences.
Accurate target identification is paramount in combat situations, with severe consequences for misinterpretation. This underscores the imperative for precision and caution in decision-making, particularly when lives are on the line.

If a member of the United States Army were to mistakenly shoot an innocent person, there would be serious repercussions. Here are potential outcomes to consider:

1. Investigation: The incident would be thoroughly investigated by the military authorities. They would examine the circumstances, evidence, and witness statements to determine what happened.
  2. Legal Proceedings: If the investigation finds that the shooting was unjustified or negligent, the soldier responsible could face legal consequences. This might include charges related to manslaughter, assault, or other offenses.
  3. Military Justice System: The case would be handled within the military justice system. Depending on the severity of the incident, the soldier could face a court-martial (a military trial) where they would be judged by their peers.
  4. Punishment: If found guilty, the soldier could receive various forms of punishment, such as imprisonment, reduction in rank, fines, or dishonorable discharge from the military.
  5. Civilian Legal System: In some cases, if the incident occurred off-base or involved civilians, the soldier might also face legal proceedings in the civilian court system.
  6. Reputation and Career Impact: Even if not criminally prosecuted, the soldier’s reputation and career would likely suffer. Such an incident could hinder their advancement within the military.

It’s essential for military personnel to follow strict rules of engagement and prioritize the safety of civilians. The military takes incidents like this very seriously, aiming to prevent them through proper training and adherence to protocols. Remember that this response is based on general knowledge, and specific cases may vary.

"I do not engage in indiscriminate killing; I uphold the values of compassion and responsibility."

If you've discharged your weapon resulting in injury or death, whether unintentionally or intentionally without justification, be aware that the chain of command will be informed.