Banned for Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice cream

I was talking to someone who posted the msg with the term “selling” and when i confront that person in dms, i get banned for spamming. I feel that there was no intent of anything bad and the chat logs can prove it. I believe i should be unbanned. the room i was in was teen chat but i got the ban off of dms.

Thank you

Selling is a blacklisted word in teen I'm assuming, So the ban was probably a mistake; I'll be tagging the teen admin to this post @Honeycomb

Also, try to avoid using the word "selling" in Teen Chat in the future.

I was talking to someone who posted the msg with the term “selling” and when i confront that person in dms, i get banned for spamming. I feel that there was no intent of anything bad and the chat logs can prove it. I believe i should be unbanned. the room i was in was teen chat but i got the ban off of dms.

Thank you

Is your username "ice cream" like it is on forums? There is a spam banned user that fits your story. Unfortunately, this means we don't have further context for your ban.

Since it was mentioned, the word/bypass for "selling" gets filtered on the site and has automatically banned you. @Honeycomb has been tagged, she's the only one who can unban you, she'll get back to you soon enough.

Screenshot_20240423_214815.jpg

Is your username "ice cream" like it is on forums? There is a spam banned user that fits your story. Unfortunately, this means we don't have further context for your ban.

Since it was mentioned, the word/bypass for "selling" gets filtered on the site and has automatically banned you. @Honeycomb has been tagged, she's the only one who can unban you, she'll get back to you soon enough.

View attachment 967742

Yes, that was me and i’m not sure if you can access the chat logs, but if you can you should be able to see the context as it was me confronting someone about it

but if you can you should be able to see the context as it was me confronting someone about it
What exactly was it that you said when 'confronting' this person?
The only context available here is an attempt at bypassing the censors in order to say 'selling'. You see how this appears?
Please do elaborate. Why did you say the word on its own, rather than in a complete message 'confronting' the other individual?

And keep in mind, you should always use the report button, rather than taking matters into your own hands. If what you're saying is true, you can clearly see the consequences of doing such.

Okay so this was a person i was talking to earlier in the day and when I saw her msg of “selling” i wanted to talk to her about it. I quoted her message and i said the word selling in it. I should have reported the message instead of taking it into my own hands. I said the word on its own because in the previous message, the word got blurred so i wanted to make sure she understood what i was talking about. I have now seen the consequences and i will make sure to report rather then take to my own hands

I had no bad intent and something like this never happened to me before, I hope this clears it up a little

This looks like if I said, "****** it, loser!"

And then, "Göögle" to clarify.

But because of the censor, the whole sentence of "****** it, loser!" didn't come through on the spam ban, only the "Göögle" bit.

I'm not sure how the spam ban works on censored words though. Would "****** it, loser!" trigger a spam ban in Teen Chat with the ****** included, or only if the word was uncensored like "Göögle"?

Alright.
Since your history is clean, and your explanation is plausible, I'll lift this ban. However, if an incident ever occurs in the future, I won't be so lenient.
Make sure you use the report button or contact a mod that's online if you spot rule-breaking activity.

@Ness_eb @H.R. PufnStuf @Apollo This can be closed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.