Can a sex worker claim theyve abandoned their past while still holding onto the posessions from their sex work?

Bread.

Gold Member
1. Can they is not the immediate question, as the answer is they can claim anything. The question is do you agree or disagree with the notion.
2. By possessions i mean anything and everything theyve derived from their sex work (money/fame/businesses)
wDBQgx7.png

This person built an empire with her sexwork and now claims she found Jesus. She now makes videos detesting sex work and claiming she abandoned all the evil that is sex work. While she has abandoned her OF account, she has not abandoned everything else that came from it. She continues to live the lavish lifestyle that sex work has provided for her. She continues to profit of the same people that idolized her sex work. This is not abandonment.

as long as what they are holding onto isn't someone else parts sure why not?

edit: I agree the ex ***** ought return the ill gotten gains, cant turn to jesus holding the trappings of fornication

It reminds me of a model named swimsuit succubus who modeled X rated content.
She abandonded "her past" and stopped making X rated content. I dont know if faith was inolved in this decision but i dont think it was.
She then went on to continue creating online content though not X rated, claiming she wasnt this person anymore.
But she still continued and probably still continues to profit off her old content.

To me its basically like rebranding not abandoning.

as long as what they are holding onto isn't someone else parts sure why not?

edit: I agree the ex ***** ought return the ill gotten gains, cant turn to jesus holding the trappings of fornication

What. The. ****?

Men do this for free, if men are stupid enough to pay for it, that's on your gender. Let's not forget, "Whóre" comes with the implication they partook in PHYSICAL sexual acts for money. OF women usually do not have physical contact with subscribers. Prostitution is a closer wording.

It's also weird you'd bring the bible in it, because the bible barely admonishes men for visiting the women and instead demonises females who are prostituting themselves.

What man in 2024 calls a woman a whóre? Especially when you get to keep your admin position because your room is filled by female bots advertising sexual interactions on different sites.

At least sex work owns what it is. Look at jobs where they're completely legal but can be morally wrong:
- Employees of gambling companies (gambling itself is frowned upon in the bible and there's links to addiction and ruined lives)
-Temp recruiting companies (Other companies rely on temp staff to avoid giving people full time jobs)
-Sales (Involves a lot of lying and deceit to earn commissions)
-Charities (Plenty of them actually get minimal amounts toward the actual charity after overhead costs)
-Bartenders (Involved in a job sector where abuse and addiction are rife - I'm sure there would be a study showing more marriages are ruined by alcoholism than men visiting prostitutes and/or using OFs. Not to mention when men are committing infidelity it's rarely with a woman they pay)

A lot of people have worked in at least one of those sectors. Are you telling me when they walk away, they should also give up everything? Or is it only when a woman makes money from men off of her body instead of giving it away for free like her male counterparts that we are judging?

No, she shouldn't have to give it up. Consent can be withdrawn at any point. She stopped consenting to showing her body beyond what she had for that money. That's the only difference imo.

the bible barely admonishes men for visiting the women and instead demonises females who are prostituting themselves.

The bible admonishes the thought of lust much greater or equal to lustful acts themselves.
Matthew 5:27-28: "You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

To say that id admonishes women more than men for sexual immorality is utterly FALSE.

Let's not forget, "Whóre" comes with the implication they partook in PHYSICAL sexual acts for money.
not really. Plenty of women call each other hoars when they:
A: call out their own + friends promiscuity
B: find the person commiting adultery with their significant other

Money really doesnt have much to do with that word, its more about their moral and sexual actions
A lot of people have worked in at least one of those sectors. Are you telling me when they walk away, they should also give up everything? Or is it only when a woman makes money from men off of her body instead of giving it away for free like her male counterparts that we are judging?
By the way were all sinners. sinning is sinning but there is a moral argument to be made when you are comparing different types of sins. Something like a bartender drinking alcohol compared to an alcoholic murdering someone. Or a person commiting adultery compared to a sex worker commiting adultery 800 times a day. We are not to judge people but we are judgemental. I find the comparison of blue collar jobs compared to sex work a bit much.

Last edited:
He is just baiting an argument lol.

What. The. ****?

Men do this for free, if men are stupid enough to pay for it, that's on your gender. Let's not forget, "Whóre" comes with the implication they partook in PHYSICAL sexual acts for money. OF women usually do not have physical contact with subscribers. Prostitution is a closer wording.

It's also weird you'd bring the bible in it, because the bible barely admonishes men for visiting the women and instead demonises females who are prostituting themselves.

What man in 2024 calls a woman a whóre? Especially when you get to keep your admin position because your room is filled by female bots advertising sexual interactions on different sites.

At least sex work owns what it is. Look at jobs where they're completely legal but can be morally wrong:
- Employees of gambling companies (gambling itself is frowned upon in the bible and there's links to addiction and ruined lives)
-Temp recruiting companies (Other companies rely on temp staff to avoid giving people full time jobs)
-Sales (Involves a lot of lying and deceit to earn commissions)
-Charities (Plenty of them actually get minimal amounts toward the actual charity after overhead costs)
-Bartenders (Involved in a job sector where abuse and addiction are rife - I'm sure there would be a study showing more marriages are ruined by alcoholism than men visiting prostitutes and/or using OFs. Not to mention when men are committing infidelity it's rarely with a woman they pay)

No, she shouldn't have to give it up. Consent can be withdrawn at any point. She stopped consenting to showing her body beyond what she had for that money. That's the only difference imo.

The bible admonishes the thought of lust much greater or equal to lustful acts themselves.
Matthew 5:27-28: "You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

To say that id admonishes women more than men for sexual immorality is utterly FALSE.

Money really doesnt have much to do with that word, its more about their moral and sexual actions

By the way were all sinners. sinning is sinning but there is a moral argument to be made when you are comparing different types of sins. Something like a bartender drinking alcohol compared to an alcoholic murdering someone. Or a person commiting adultery compared to a sex worker commiting adultery 800 times a day. We are not to judge people but we are judgemental. I find the comparison of blue collar jobs compared to sex work a bit much.oo

OP used the term sex worker. But the example provided is a female clearly.

I as responding to this : This person built an empire with her sexwork and now claims she found Jesus.
W hore:

***** in British English​

(hɔː IPA Pronunciation Guide)

noun
a prostitute
2. derogatory
a promiscuous woman
verb (intransitive)
to be or act as a prostitute
(of a man) to have promiscuous sexual relations, esp with prostitutes
5. (often foll by after)
to seek that which is immoral, idolatrous, etc

source cambridge dictionary.

"There are no accurate estimates of the gender breakdown of sex workers. Most
research indicates the sex industry is highly gendered, with the overwhelming
majority of sex workers identifying as women"
- source University of Victoria

Sex Work in Canada
By Cecilia Benoit & Leah Shumka
July 7, 2021
Citation: Benoit, C., Shumka, L. (2021, updated).

(I added bold to the U of Vic citation)

edit: posted the full cambridge definition

Last edited:
Men are painted as victims of desire, women painted as temptresses. Men, especially in the old testament, could not commit adultery on a woman, only against other males. There are very few unmarried women in the bible who aren't connected to prostitution, and prostitution is also overlooked several times in the bible as a whole.

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife – with the wife of his neighbor – both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death. (Lev. 20:10, italics added)
If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. (Deut. 22:22, italics added)
Judah’s relations with Tamar are spoken of without judgment (Gen 38:6-24). His failure to comply with the law of Levirate marriage is depicted as the serious sin. The penalty of burning (38:24) which Judah pronounced upon Tamar (before he knew his own part) prob. relates to the act of adultery more than to prostitution. Similarly, Samson’s relations with a prostitute (Judg 16:1) are not condemned. Neither is Rahab’s profession spoken of harshly. Rather, she is known throughout Scripture as Rahab, the prostitute.

----
OP used the term sex worker. But the example provided is a female clearly.

I as responding to this : This person built an empire with her sexwork and now claims she found Jesus.
W hore: a female prostitute - source cambridge dictionary.

"There are no accurate estimates of the gender breakdown of sex workers. Most
research indicates the sex industry is highly gendered, with the overwhelming
majority of sex workers identifying as women"
- source University of Victoria

Sex Work in Canada
By Cecilia Benoit & Leah Shumka
July 7, 2021
Citation: Benoit, C., Shumka, L. (2021, updated).

(I added bold to the U of Vic citation)
I like how you bypassed three different more commonly accepted definitions that disregard gender. My issue was more with you using a word predominantly used to belittle women instead of educating yourself and finding a less offensive alternative.

You're meant to be a UM. Do better than letting your misogyny show with your word choices.

/hɔː/
noun

1. 1.
    DEROGATORY
    a prostitute.

*****​

[ hawr ]
Phonetic (Standard)IPA

noun​

1. a person who engages in sex acts for money; prostitute.
  2. Disparaging and Offensive. a person who is sexually promiscuous.
  3. a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money:
    a greedy publicity *****.

By the way were all sinners. sinning is sinning but there is a moral argument to be made when you are comparing different types of sins. Something like a bartender drinking alcohol compared to an alcoholic murdering someone. Or a person commiting adultery compared to a sex worker commiting adultery 800 times a day. We are not to judge people but we are judgemental. I find the comparison of blue collar jobs compared to sex work a bit much.

@UM are we allowed to go around the filters for offensive words against women?

Pretty difficult to argue about a term a poster assumed was being used, and not identify it- or are you saying shes wrong?

I simply gave the definition of the word it was assumed I was using.

Is she a Hoar?

Based on OP description, she engaged in clearly immoral acts for financial gain, saw the error of her ways, and went back to her dad who is a pastor, but kept the money/benefits she made from immoral activity to maintain a lavish lifestyle.

People can choose for themselves if the word fits.

Men are painted as victims of desire, women painted as temptresses. Men, especially in the old testament, could not commit adultery on a woman, only against other males. There are very few unmarried women in the bible who aren't connected to prostitution, and prostitution is also overlooked several times in the bible as a whole.
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife – with the wife of his neighbor – both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death. (Lev. 20:10, italics added)
If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. (Deut. 22:22, italics added)
Judah’s relations with Tamar are spoken of without judgment (Gen 38:6-24). His failure to comply with the law of Levirate marriage is depicted as the serious sin. The penalty of burning (38:24) which Judah pronounced upon Tamar (before he knew his own part) prob. relates to the act of adultery more than to prostitution. Similarly, Samson’s relations with a prostitute (Judg 16:1) are not condemned. Neither is Rahab’s profession spoken of harshly. Rather, she is known throughout Scripture as Rahab, the prostitute.
Exodus 20:14: You shall not commit adultery
Adultery is a prohibition against engaging in sexual relations with someone who is not ones spouse (violating the covenant of a marriage)
This applies to both men and women. To say that men could not commit adultery on a woman is FALSE.

The story of judah and tamar are BOTH spoken of without judgement. Man and woman. Similarly samsons relations with a prostitute are also spoken of without judgement. But that is why its important you examine the broader story and teachings of the bible. If you examine the whole story youd realize the consequences that arose from his actions. It allows you (the reader) to reflect on his sins.

... I just said that prostitution was overlooked as in mentioned without judgement, bread.

But as per, you cannot be debated with because you try to twist words that fit your narrative.

Enjoy another thread that dies quickly when nobody engages with you except for the misogynistic UM.

You literally said "men, especially in the old testament, could not commit adultery on a woman, only against other males."
This is not a twist of words it is literally a statement made by you word for word.
I gave you an example of that statement being false.

Prosititution is mentioned all throughout the bible and it is more often than not mentioned with a moral judgement.
It condemns prostitution
  1. Deuteronomy 23:17-18: "None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute, and none of the sons of Israel shall be a cult prostitute. You shall not bring the fee of a prostitute or the wages of a dog into the house of the Lord your God in payment for any vow, for both of these are an abomination to the Lord your God."
  2. Leviticus 19:29: "Do not degrade your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the land will turn to prostitution and be filled with wickedness."
  3. Hosea 4:14: "I will not punish your daughters when they play the *****, nor your brides when they commit adultery; for the men themselves go aside with prostitutes and sacrifice with cult prostitutes, and a people without understanding shall come to ruin."
  4. Genesis 38:15-16: This passage recounts the story of Judah and Tamar, where Tamar disguised herself as a prostitute and slept with Judah, her father-in-law.
  5. Ezekiel 16:29: "You also multiplied your harlotry with the land of merchants, Chaldea, yet even with this you were not satisfied."
  6. Proverbs 23:27-28: "For a prostitute is a deep pit and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait and multiplies the unfaithful among men."
  7. Proverbs 29:3: "Whoever loves wisdom makes his father rejoice, but a companion of prostitutes squanders his wealth."
  8. Exodus 34:15-16: "Do not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you, and you will eat their sacrifices. And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same."