Cemetery Shortcut

Magdalina

Bronze Member
One late night a boy was waking home from his girlfriend’s house. He always takes a shortcut through the cemetery which saves him much time. Suddenly he hears a tapping and scraping sound that he never heard before. Being a bit frightened, the boy rapidly increased his walking pace. As he’s nearly skipping with his stride, the sound gets closer and louder. Just as the vigorous tapping and scraping sound is next to him, the boy looks only to see an old man chiseling on a tombstone. “Oh, Thank the Lord!” The boy said with a quiver in his voice. “You gave me such a fright, I thought the cemetery was haunted. By the way, why are you working so late. It is nearing midnight?” The old man stopped chiseling the tombstone, turned to the boy and replied: “They spelt my name wrong.”

One late night a boy was waking home from his girlfriend’s house. He always takes a shortcut through the cemetery which saves him much time. Suddenly he hears a tapping and scraping sound that he never heard before. Being a bit frightened, the boy rapidly increased his walking pace. As he’s nearly skipping with his stride, the sound gets closer and louder. Just as the vigorous tapping and scraping sound is next to him, the boy looks only to see an old man chiseling on a tombstone. “Oh, Thank the Lord!” The boy said with a quiver in his voice. “You gave me such a fright, I thought the cemetery was haunted. By the way, why are you working so late. It is nearing midnight?” The old man stopped chiseling the tombstone, turned to the boy and replied: “They spelt my name wrong.”
You know what I'm going to have chiseled on my tombstone I told you I was sick

You know what I'm going to have chiseled on my tombstone I told you I was sick