Chat Avenue v Real Life??

I’ve been on Chat Ave for about 2 months now and something that has always been an
enigma to me is people that keep saying they need to leave here and get a life....
or worse.. when I see comments from others in here accusing people of
having no life because they are here.... The truth is, no one actually leaves, they just come back on a different name

I just don’t get it. Like, do people actually think that belonging to a social networking
site means they don’t have anything else?
I have always had a life – Singles Chat, forums and my friends here have simply become a part of it...
it dosn’t mean I do less in my r/l day than I ever did, it simply means that I have traded
a few things I used to do in my leisure time to spend here interacting with people that
I enjoy..

some people need to justify the amount of time they spend on here by belittling others for the time they do.....
what is unreal about Chat Ave? There are fakes here as well as in rl, but there are friends to be made, some are there for a little while and others are there for a lifetime, it is what you make of it...

Any thoughts?

That Tourette’s tic soon vanished

No Way Wow GIF by Alex Trimpe

To answer the original question, for half its existence you couldn't access chatave without likely being at home. Before the introduction of smartphones, real ones, you couldn't really access the site on the go. You could probably load the forums but mobile browsers back then were still lacking any real utility and data costs weren't affordable.

So for me it's interesting to see people say that others should get out of the house from that context. You can literally be anywhere.