Chat Email - Fix DNS issues

StubleU

Gold Member
I was asked by someone why they never got emails from the chats for a forgot password email. So I started looking into it and here's what I found:
mx.png

1. mx record...mx is the DNS entry record that tells a system where to send an email to when you send it. The web site and the email server might be two separate systems, heck even sending and receiving might be two different systems, anyways...chatave.com doesn't have an mx record so emails can't be sent to chatave.com itself. chat-avenue.com does, those go to the zoho suite system. So because there's no MX record...that's a strike against it when an email provider checks to see if the email is valid or not in spam protection.
  2. http ....when it checks to see if the website is even a valid website it doesn't really show anything...if you go to chatave.com it'll go to a chat site...but when their bot goes it gets a 403. Another strike against it.
  3. MX/DMARC....this shows that there's no Quarantine/Reject Policy in the dmarc records...dmarc is a mechanism that validates that emails are from the sender's valid server using certificate signatures. both of these are missing. Another strike.
  4. SOA serial and expire value...when you make an entry for spf or other dns changes you update the SOA serial so that systems can validate the SOA serial they have for the domain. If it's a newer entry then the update to whatever's in that entry. Because it's in the wrong format and out of range of what it should be...it's invalid....yet another strike
So if @Chatmaster got those things fixed...you'd see a lot more people getting emails...It seems to work for g.mail addresses but not for yahoo emails.

Tagging @H.R. PufnStuf and @Ness_eb to pass along