Comin' Out

Inkandtatts

Gay Chat Admin
Staff member
Chat Room Administrator
It may surprise you to know that I'm a little bit g-a-y. I know it will be a shock, so let's have a discussion about coming out.

Are you out? When did you come out? How was it? What worried you (if anything)? Was the experience of coming out better or worse than you expected and how so?

Are you not out? Do you want to be out? If you want to, what's on your mind about what will happen if/when you do?

Yes I'm out as gay. I came out like 3 months ago. I was helped from my support worker to come out to my parents, they said it wasn't "normal", but they still accept it but don't like it. I was worried about them kicking me out the house. The experience was better than I expected tho, we don't really talk about it anymore unless I want to bring it up. After coming out I can express myself more to everyone and It feels great.

Gay af fock me
Out since forever
Gay Lgbt GIF by giphystudios2021

I'm not gay but my cousins (male and female) are gay and they're like brother and sister to me, and as much as their parents are supportive and liberal, my cousin (male) was the first to come out and it was upsetting because he thought they'd disown him and I blame society at the time on him feeling like that. While society for the most part has accepted it, there are still fears of coming out and it's sad. I've seen threads on here about people scared to come out, I've known of adults who haven't come out just because they want to keep their bond with their parents.

Yes I'm out as gay. I came out like 3 months ago. I was helped from my support worker to come out to my parents, they said it wasn't "normal", but they still accept it but don't like it. I was worried about them kicking me out the house. The experience was better than I expected tho, we don't really talk about it anymore unless I want to bring it up. After coming out I can express myself more to everyone and It feels great.
Them saying it's not normal and they don't approve of it, will turn into a positive as you get older. They'll see it is normal, that it's the way you were born and as you grow and possibly find someone to date, they'll see you're happy and as long as you are, they'll support it. The best way to change someone's stubborn old mind and their out dated views is to lead by example. It reminds me of that black man whose been able to not only make hardcore racist/white supremacists see things from his perspective, but help them change their ways and some of these people were high ranking members in the KKK.

It may surprise you to know that I'm a little bit g-a-y. I know it will be a shock, so let's have a discussion about coming out.

Are you out? When did you come out? How was it? What worried you (if anything)? Was the experience of coming out better or worse than you expected and how so?

Are you not out? Do you want to be out? If you want to, what's on your mind about what will happen if/when you do?

You're gay !?! you are shi!!ing me !

Be Yourself You Can GIF by bubly
Im Lesbian Love Is Love GIF by INTO ACTION
Cat Hugs GIF
Sending you hugs. I love this. Keep singing, shinning, and dancing to this song. LoL! You're a shining 🌟 star. You have so much for you. Especially you and Jayce. Perfect couple. Two of my heros. You both inspire me. Congratulations for 6 months for you both and more months to come. Merry 🌞😎 bright Christmas for you both. I'm so happy for you both. Much love and respect for both of you. Have a wonderful and blessed rest of December 2022.

I love this song. I love Diana Ross. Congratulations that your coming out. I think I knew you were from hello. Keep smiling! Keep being YOU! You're loved by so many people here. You are one of the most perfect person here @Inkandtatts and there are others too that are perfect just like you. God bless you. God loves you. Keep on keeping on. Be well and safe. I care! Enjoy your morning, day, and night. Cheers for coming out.

All the best,
Princessa

I was 12 years old the first time I came out in early 1981. It was my first year in High School and I feel in love with another boy at school and we basically spent every waking hour with each other or on the phone to each other. Where I grew up is known as 'The Bible Belt' of Australia, so it wasn't long before the fire and brimstone separated us. I was devastated and told my Mum only to be told 'It's just a phase you are going through, your father and I will take you to the doctor if this continues.

This lead me in to what I call my dark days with dangerous behaviours and resulting in my late teens becoming reclusive.

I came out again in 2000 when I was 31, this time i was embraced.

22 years later I have stopped coming out. I have become the person I always should have been, and I don't care what other people think of me because what you think of me is a reflection of the person you are not who I am.

I was 12 years old the first time I came out in early 1981. It was my first year in High School and I feel in love with another boy at school and we basically spent every waking hour with each other or on the phone to each other. Where I grew up is known as 'The Bible Belt' of Australia, so it wasn't long before the fire and brimstone separated us. I was devastated and told my Mum only to be told 'It's just a phase you are going through, your father and I will take you to the doctor if this continues.

This lead me in to what I call my dark days with dangerous behaviours and resulting in my late teens becoming reclusive.

I came out again in 2000 when I was 31, this time i was embraced.

22 years later I have stopped coming out. I have become the person I always should have been, and I don't care what other people think of me because what you think of me is a reflection of the person you are not who I am.

I have a buddy who was victim to the bible belt. Today he still struggles. Such a terrible thing to try and control someones sexuality. It really is very harmful.

With my kids, I hope they never feel like they have to come out, and just be. Not at all harping on the thread, but it sucks you have to come out at all.

I came out at 12 as well. It was pretty anti-climactic to be quite honest. I didn't really plan much, and like most things it just kind of came out of my mouth. (Shocker.) My mother and my brother were not shocked, to say the least and were supportive from the get go. Despite my wanting it to be more...I dunno...special?, I was happy to be able to start dating my first gf the next year without any restraints.

Before meeting my wife and watching her coming out experience, which was the opposite of mine (Happiest Season-esque, but Southern conservative), I was always annoyed at how tame my coming out was. Then, I found out how wrong I was once I saw the hell my wife went through with her family. Kind of Happiest Seaeson-esque, but with a Southern conservative family. So, by association, I got both experiences. Thankfully my wife chose me and also California, for the second time.

In the end, I guess sometimes boring can be beautiful after all.