Coping with the death of a beloved pet

I recently bought a 10 week old Chihuahua named ''Zim''.I took him to get parvol shots,the next day he was vomiting and was having breathing difficulties.The next day i was getting ready for bed and i decided to check on Zim, i found him dead lying in his kennel:reallysad:.I buried him this morning.

Sorry for your loss. But hey, if you're that type, then maybe a new pet will be just the thing to console you. Maybe you'll get over it faster that way (if you're sad at all). :(

Last edited:
I recently bought a 10 week old Chihuahua named ''Zim''.I took him to get parvol shots,the next day he was vomiting and was having breathing difficulties.The next day i was getting ready for bed and i decided to check on Zim, i found him dead lying in his kennel:reallysad:.I buried him this morning.

Sorry to hear about Zim. It sounds like your pup had a reaction to the parvol shots (assuming he was fine before the shots).

I have yet to find myself in that situation. I've had my Boston Terrior for about 6 or 7 years.
It's always the hardest when you grow up with them, I know the time will come. Do get another dog, if you want, they provide great company and love.
:D :D

It's a little late, but I'm sorry for your loss :l
I have soo many pets, I hate having to lose them I take it pretty hard.
But having so many it does help you cope with death.
And the shots...The rabies and another shot are ones that are given to a dog every year.
(aside from the parvo, booster shots etc. as a puppy)
I heard that between the ages of 8-10 years old once the shots are given to the dog they die a couple days afterwards, I have a 8 year old C*ckerspaniel who I have had since I was in 5th grade, and am not in my sophomore year in college. I am soo scared if that will occur to my dogs, but she needs her annual shots due to the fact that I travel a lot (she flies first class w/me...yes she's spoiled -_-I save up a little more money to fly first class so I can be assured she will be on my lap) If I lose her tho...I don't even know how I will cope with that loss, I already tear up seeing when my German Shepard suffers during the cold months (10 yr old dog)
Dogs are a marvelous creature...all animals are awesome...But something about dogs, there unconditional love <3 They go the extra mile to please you, I try to make sure they live a nice life...because even though they don't live long..all they do is Love you while they are living <3

if that happened to my dog i don't think i would ever consider having another pet in my life lol
You don't actually know till it happens.
Like it happened to me, and it was heartbreaking.
But we got another little puppy, to help take some of the pain away and to cope a little better, not to replace the one who died.
It sounds bad if you don't understand, but it really helps having another puppy to look after and take case of.

Sorry for your loss :(, it's been a many years since I had to bury my childhood dog, I'm awful with letting things go I'll always miss her. I did always want another dog after her but wasn't allowed. Got one now though, I recommend it, or just another pet, maybe try cats out. Ferrets are also fun :dontknow: just sayin. But really sorry for your loss again, hope things turn around for you!

The day I put down my beloved childhood pet was the saddest day of my life. It was terrible trying to cope with her death. We were half hoping she would die of old age before we had to kill her. Hugs, losing a pet is a terrible horrible thing.

sad hannibal GIF

I had my cat George put out his misery this morning. He was 16 years old Ragdoll, and he would be 17 in 30th October. It hurts, I miss him. But he wasn't the same cat: he was in pain, he wouldn't eat and the vet and I agreed that putting him to sleep was the best thing for him.

Funny that, when you own an animal you know it is there for the term of their life, and you know in the back of your mind that time will come. Yet when it happens you are not conditioned for it and it still knocks the wind out of your sails. I agree, it is a horrible thing to lose a pet you were emotionally invested in.

I had my cat George put out his misery this morning. He was 16 years old Ragdoll, and he would be 17 in 30th October. It hurts, I miss him. But he wasn't the same cat: he was in pain; he wouldn't eat, and the vet and I agreed that putting him to sleep was the best thing for him.

Funny that, when you own an animal, you know it is there for the term of their life, and you know in the back of your mind that time will come. Yet when it happens you are not conditioned for it, and it still knocks the wind out of your sails. I agree, it is a horrible thing to lose a pet you were emotionally invested in.
Just reading what you wrote about your cat. Just broke my heart into pieces. I am so sorry about George. May George rest in peace in cat heaven. I am so sad too for you. Hugs! But that is so cool George got to be sweet 16 age. That is a very long time. I am so glad that you got to have George for 16 awesome years. George is not in any pain or misery any longer. Ragdolls are so sweet and cute. I know it hurts I am still grieving over all of my fur babies that I had all died. All my dogs and cats passed away. I have none left. It is super painful when we have to let them go. It hurts. It is terrible and so very sad. I am so emotional over mine too. I loved them so much. I just want to let you know I care. I am here for you if you need a friend to talk to. It is always a horrible thing when you lose a loved one and fur babies. Stay strong! God made some many other cats as well. Down the road you can always get you another fur baby someday whenever you are ready for another cat. I agree with everything you said too. Blessings for you always. Keep your chin up. It is okay to cry and grieve. Life is sad sometimes. Life is hard sometimes. Life has is ups and downs. George please rest in peace. You were so loved by many. Meow! I love cats. God bless!

With love,
Princessa