dry irritated skin on my face suddenly

Glow

i have problems with flaky skin on my face now. this is a very recent issue. i need serious chats about skin care for my peeling face skin.

my lips got super chapped 3 weeks ago. out of the blue for no reason. i did carmex and blistex like it was my job. then the lip skin started peeling off all around the edges then started peeling off from my face skin near my lips. i exfoliate and try to get it all scrubbed but its not healing.

someone at work told me i looked tired one day so for 2-3 weeks i have been wearing concealer under my eyes to hide the bags and w/e i dont have dark circles but just to brighten the area. so last week i noticed that under my eye is feeling burned but i havent been outside. it also feels a bit scaly. so in random patches around my eye i have red irritated spots. its on my eyelid also where i wasnt wearing any of that concealer.

but i did think it was my concealer bc i added concealer ONE TIME to around my nostrils bc some stupid beauty guru did it on a utube video and now guess what area is peeling????

so guys of course im not using that product anymore. it was nutrogena a nice little clicky up brush applicator and i have used it for a while but only recently used it every day.

what i am getting at i guess is that i dont want to miss work to go to a dermatologist for him to say yep its dry and flaky, buy this little tube for $75 thanks! i have missed a lot of work recently bc building the house and some other reasons and other ppl in my area have been off with babies and cancer and diabetes so its not really a good time for me to take off anyways. even tho i need my eyes checked too for blindness but dang its like its always smthg!!

I've suffered with eczema and dry skin on my arms and legs a lot and have recently started using the St Ives brand of skin care, so far it's been fantastic and i have seen vast improvement. They have a face care range too, maybe it's worth a look?

does eczema happen out of the blue or are you just suggesting it as a good cream to use? i have some st ives body lotion i never use, but not the face stuff. i am going to wal mart after work and getting something to try. i just dont want to end up trying 10 things and it stay bad or get worse and then not know what made it worse

Mine started out of the blue when i was like 13 and i get flare ups of it every year or so now. Idk if that's what's happening to you, but the flaky skin i can relate to.

I had the same thing around my eyes and cheeks (not the lips). Two different dermatologists gave me two different opinions of what it was. They both issued a topical gel and one was only $5 with a prescription plan, the other was $150. I didn't bother buying the $150 tube, needless to say. The $5 tube seemed to do the trick anyway and was the first one prescribed. The name of the $5 tube of gel is metroNIDAZOLE 0.75% GEL. It's used to treat fungal or bacterial issues. Before anyone goes all goofy at the idea of having a fungal issue on the face, **** happens. Your face is super dirty and collects bacteria and viral **** all day just from walking around out in the open. Sometimes the face has a negative reaction to the stuff our faces come in contact with.

edit: The pics on snap looked exactly how my skin was looking and the burning sensation you described is another symptom I had along with the flaking.

oh my ****ing god i have a tube of that **** bc my daughter is always fungusy!! i will try that first.

could be stress?
i got psoriasis in my last year of school on my legs and arms and apparently that was stress.
sun cures it. went on holiday and never had it since.

could be stress?
i got psoriasis in my last year of school on my legs and arms and apparently that was stress.
sun cures it. went on holiday and never had it since.

My face got burned really badly in July when I went to the beach and all the red blotchiness and skin peeling burned right off with the old, dead skin. My face looked new once the sun burn healed.

Your skin could be sensitive. Mine used to be like that but it sorted itself out thankfully.

also a good exfoliator is like a teaspoon of milk and a teaspoon of nutmeg, mix together then rub on your face. Sounds weird but when I had trouble with dry skin it really helped. As well as coconut oil as Chelle suggested.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking some sun might help. I'll get some this weekend. I am on application #2 of fungus stuff. And yes I am terribly stressed. When my lips chapped first I though it was just from me chewing them up so bad worrying but then my eyes messed up. No amount of Chapstick is helping my lips. I have coconut oil too so maybe after I get a sunburn I'll put that on. I need some time off work so I can be make up free!

Last edited:
My mom has bad eczema and she uses the La Roche brand for moisturisers and they seem to work very well for her. It's really expensive tho, but it's worth it.She uses the Lipid-replenishing Body Balm, Anti-Irritation, Anti-scratching stuff. it's kind of confusing since it's made in France and it's french first, than english. If your make-up is the problem, I recommend throwing out all the old/infected makeup youve been using and get new stuff because I had an eye infection a couple years ago due to using old eye liner/infected eye liner. It sucks paying for new stuff, since it can be pricey but better to be safe than sorry. I hope it's all cleared up for you now, though !

i have problems with flaky skin on my face now. this is a very recent issue. i need serious chats about skin care for my peeling face skin.

my lips got super chapped 3 weeks ago. out of the blue for no reason. i did carmex and blistex like it was my job. then the lip skin started peeling off all around the edges then started peeling off from my face skin near my lips. i exfoliate and try to get it all scrubbed but its not healing.

someone at work told me i looked tired one day so for 2-3 weeks i have been wearing concealer under my eyes to hide the bags and w/e i dont have dark circles but just to brighten the area. so last week i noticed that under my eye is feeling burned but i havent been outside. it also feels a bit scaly. so in random patches around my eye i have red irritated spots. its on my eyelid also where i wasnt wearing any of that concealer.

but i did think it was my concealer bc i added concealer ONE TIME to around my nostrils bc some stupid beauty guru did it on a utube video and now guess what area is peeling????

so guys of course im not using that product anymore. it was nutrogena a nice little clicky up brush applicator and i have used it for a while but only recently used it every day.

what i am getting at i guess is that i dont want to miss work to go to a dermatologist for him to say yep its dry and flaky, buy this little tube for $75 thanks! i have missed a lot of work recently bc building the house and some other reasons and other ppl in my area have been off with babies and cancer and diabetes so its not really a good time for me to take off anyways. even tho i need my eyes checked too for blindness but dang its like its always smthg!!

Go to Ulta or Macy's and talk to someone from Philosophy. Their facial cream and moisturizer is amazing. I get dry skin because of the dry weather, so I've been using this breath stuff from Philosophy.

i dont use any old make up and i wash my brushes often. idk. this was all just so sudden and i did go to a clinic that was open over the weekend so i could show up with no make up and not miss work. he is treating it as an allergic reaction. not that i completely agree but it was not eczema or some other skin problems that are pretty common. i got a steroid shot and 2 medications to take. he said wash all the bedding and my cats bc maybe they got into something and got it on me when we do the i love you head butts. he didnt give me anything to smear on to make it feel better so i asked about that and his suggestion was like a bendryl or analgesic cream. when i got home i put some on bc i was hurting and that **** burned like hell. so then i had to wash it off carefully. i have some vitamin e oil that is for my hair and i just said eff it and put that on and it didnt burn at all and it just felt soothing, just like i needed. i thought i had coconut oil but when we moved idk where it went and i keep forgetting to pick some more up.

long story short it is getting better. he said if this medicine doesnt work he will send me to a dermatologist.

one day i did something really stupid. it wasnt like other days when i do something really stupid.

i decided to try using my neutrogena concealer again. its the one that i thought could be effing up my face. my thought was maaaaybe it wasnt what was causing the irritation. i really liked the formula ok.

well now im all rashy again. so i was taking the medicine again except i got confused and started taking my daughters urinary tract infection medicine. so now my eye is in serious discomfort. but im healthy down stairs probably.

and i still havent thrown away the neutrogena bc i love it!!!!!

You could have a scalp infection

You could have a scalp infection

A similar thing happened to my dad last year and when he went to the doctors he had a skin infection on his head, which we obviously couldn't see under his hair but it was drawing all the moisture from his face. It was really easy to treat once he went to the doctors, he just got some special shampoo.

It is unlikely to be eczema if it just started out of the blue, unless you are really stressed about something? Stress can cause dry skin and eczema. Go to the doctors and try to drink lots of water.

I hope it clears up. x

4 dr visits and lots of skin irritation later, i think im healed. and with the amount of sugar scrub i use on my face, my skin has never felt better.

i had tried a different brand of concealer and it tore my face up too. so i am guessing i cant wear concealer anymore.

i need a good concealer. what is a brand that might be really good for sensitive skin but still give me a really good glow under my eyes so i dont look saggy old and tired?

i need a good concealer. what is a brand that might be really good for sensitive skin but still give me a really good glow under my eyes so i dont look saggy old and tired?

People won't make it past those cheetah print pants you made so I wouldn't worry about the appearance of your skin.

j/k <3