dry irritated skin on my face suddenly

leopard pants buddy and im a complete package from top to bottom. minds explode when they look at me bc im just too much delight to take in all at once :eek:

Since you are a friend of Jimmy's please take to fist sized rocks and similtainiously smack yourself in the eyes with them. The black and blue should conceal any other abnormalities you may have. You will also look like you spent a night with your friend Jimmy.

:lol:

holy **** i wasnt expecting you to be funny so maybe you are not trying to be funny but that is some good trash talking there good job!!

hello im dragging this back out because guess what has happened to me???

my itchy red skin is back! i woke up one morning to my skin feeling hot and itchy. i put coconut oil on my face and ended up getting 35 pimples. could have been a trifecta of stress, pms, and clogged pores but i was really ugly for awhile. more ugly than usual.

Now i don't think its from make up. i think my cat gets into something outside and then comes in and gets it all over me because all through winter i was fine. now that things are blooming and flowering im getting it again.

last night i was outside and i got into some tall grasses and noticed a few minutes later my leg was stinging but there were no cuts. i thought maybe i found what my cat is getting on me. i think i am right bc i woke up this morning feeling like my face is way more on fire and its super itchy. this is miserable. to stop it i have to go get a steriod shot.

idky i started this thread in fashion and beauty, i guess bc i thought it was make up related.

hello im dragging this back out because guess what has happened to me???

my itchy red skin is back! i woke up one morning to my skin feeling hot and itchy. i put coconut oil on my face and ended up getting 35 pimples. could have been a trifecta of stress, pms, and clogged pores but i was really ugly for awhile. more ugly than usual.

Now i don't think its from make up. i think my cat gets into something outside and then comes in and gets it all over me because all through winter i was fine. now that things are blooming and flowering im getting it again.

last night i was outside and i got into some tall grasses and noticed a few minutes later my leg was stinging but there were no cuts. i thought maybe i found what my cat is getting on me. i think i am right bc i woke up this morning feeling like my face is way more on fire and its super itchy. this is miserable. to stop it i have to go get a steriod shot.

idky i started this thread in fashion and beauty, i guess bc i thought it was make up related.

You're a mess.

Yeah sounds like allergic reaction. Its what used to happen to me around cat dander. Mine was way less aggressive as yours though because it would eventually stop. Just being around new cats is annoying. You should go to the doctor yo.

There are numerous lotions and potions that are widely available and very affective in elevating dry flakey skin such as E45, diprobase or aveeno with aveeno you can wash your face with it also and then also apply as a moisturising cream. Just some more suggestions.

There are numerous lotions and potions that are widely available and very affective in elevating dry flakey skin such as E45, diprobase or aveeno with aveeno you can wash your face with it also and then also apply as a moisturising cream. Just some more suggestions.

As Chopper mentioned.

I have very dry skin also and I've actually experienced the same thing after visiting Arizona (I guess because I am so used to a lot of humidity I wasn't careful). Not that the cause is anything similar, but I recommend drinking a lot of water for one, because it'll help repair your body and keep it hydrated. Also, exfoliating too much can make it worse because you'll likely irritate it more. I recommend washing your face morning and night and then putting some kind of moisturizer on it.
Also, the concealer and things aren't causing more flaking, you're basically coating the dead skin you didn't notice before with concealer that's why it begins to look like that as it comes off. It shouldn't last forever, maybe two weeks then if it doesn't resolve I would definitely see a dermatologist.

As far as face products go, I've used aveeno for a very long time now and it works perfectly with my own skin from experience. My face is super sensitive and always dry. I used both the face wash, normal and foaming for a while with the face moisturizer after, the clear complexion one. But for a while now, I've actually been using Philosophy's Purity regular face wash and exfoliating one with the aveeno moisturizer and it's the greatest thing that's happened to my skin. It's very light and non-irritating with little to no smell and I feel like it actually hydrates my skin rather than washing/scrubbing it raw. I highly recommend it. Not the cheapest, but I believe it's worth it.

Edit: Also, for chapped lips, they sell little mini Vaseline lip therapy things that are so cute and so helpful. I don't generally find it helpful to lather on during the day, I'd rather have a normal lip balm or something, but if you lather it up at night when you go to sleep, you'll wake up with new lips.

Last edited:
I would definitely recommend Clinique. All my skin products are by this brand now, and my skin has never been so calm or pliable. They have some great heavy moisturizers. Just make sure you don't pick an aggressive exfoliator: some of them can be a little aggressive. Use the types for super dry skin, you'll start seeing results rather quickly :)

Try an excellent acupuncturist/herbalist

Try an excellent acupuncturist/herbalist

This could be a diet problem. Look into qigong. If you are willing to put several hours a day into it, look into chilel qigong. It's on the Internet. The oriental way of looking at this problem is that everything is interconnected. Using superficial solutions may not cure the underlying problem.

this will help your skin!

this will help your skin!

I have the most amazing product that would do wonders for your skin. my skin was the exact same till a month ago till I started using the 'calm' range from arbonne the products are all animal cruelty free, gluten free and vegan. all the products are made from natural resources so they are so good for sensitive skin. message me if you would like to know more x

I have been getting dry, red, flaky skin around my nose and eyebrows. My doctor thought it was eczema. Someone suggested Foderma eczema serum to me, instead of prescription stuff. I am so glad they did. It works really well and is soothing to my skin. It also absorbs quickly and isn't greasy, making it easy to apply make up over it. I use it morning and night and won't use anything else.

I had redness and peeling in my face for years after using dermalmd rosacea Serum skin has become normal and the skin tone even also the pores are close and no more peeling or redness. I strongly recommend dermalmd rosacea Serum.

I think this was previously said, but sunshine helps a ton. If you can't be in the sun or it's lacking this time of year, tan MINIMALLY. Minimally meaning at most once a week... Use tanning lotion to reduce some of the damage the beds can cause. I suffer with terrible eczema in the cold season (Oct - Apr usually) and tanning when I get flareups is my saving grace.
Cocoa butter has been doing the trick for me, none of that fancy eczema lotion ever did anything on my skin... Just blew my bank and smelled awful.

Before i bought Foderma serum i had dry patches on my cheek and chin, and putting cover up over it just looked even worse! like many i've tried basically everything in Walgreens for dry skin/eczema. I'm so glad i bought foderma serum, i noticed a difference the next day my face wasn't so red, and the dry skin was healing. I apply it in the morning and before bed, I don't even have to use cover up anymore just a light mineral foundation and i'm good to go, this stuff is awesome sauce.

i have problems with flaky skin on my face now. this is a very recent issue. i need serious chats about skin care for my peeling face skin.

my lips got super chapped 3 weeks ago. out of the blue for no reason. i did carmex and blistex like it was my job. then the lip skin started peeling off all around the edges then started peeling off from my face skin near my lips. i exfoliate and try to get it all scrubbed but its not healing.

someone at work told me i looked tired one day so for 2-3 weeks i have been wearing concealer under my eyes to hide the bags and w/e i dont have dark circles but just to brighten the area. so last week i noticed that under my eye is feeling burned but i havent been outside. it also feels a bit scaly. so in random patches around my eye i have red irritated spots. its on my eyelid also where i wasnt wearing any of that concealer.

but i did think it was my concealer bc i added concealer ONE TIME to around my nostrils bc some stupid beauty guru did it on a utube video and now guess what area is peeling????

so guys of course im not using that product anymore. it was nutrogena a nice little clicky up brush applicator and i have used it for a while but only recently used it every day.

what i am getting at i guess is that i dont want to miss work to go to a dermatologist for him to say yep its dry and flaky, buy this little tube for $75 thanks! i have missed a lot of work recently bc building the house and some other reasons and other ppl in my area have been off with babies and cancer and diabetes so its not really a good time for me to take off anyways. even tho i need my eyes checked too for blindness but dang its like its always smthg!!
okie plz plz let me help you. It is not going to be cheap so but I am "super gay" and "skin and teeth" are my "top" priority. Okie so First off you Will need to start moisturizing every time after you get wet. This is very important k. So go to (a store of your choice) pick up the following items.
1. aloe gel
2. Nivea Firming Lotion
3. Nivea non alcohol face wash
4. cocoa butter
5. shea butter
6. A soap and shampoo and conditioner WITHOUT alcohol in it
7. A spf sunscreen with retinol

Learn this phrase "oil based"

Okie so first you must cover yourself in aloe gel after you get wet. Whether that be a shower a swim a walk in the rain ext. Then everyday I want you to first exfoliate with the Nivea "non alcohol" face wash...that is in the white tube. Then Twice per day one in morning once at night, apply the Nivea Firming Lotion to your face neck and arms...and clevage area. One of the most important things even in the dead of winter, is wearing an spf when you are exposed to the sun. So make sure you get at least spf 20 and put it on any exposed skin before you go outside. You need the cocoa butter for your feet only, apply this every night before you go to bed.
Now throw out all of your shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Stretch your budget out here and go find products to use that have NO alcohol in them. Oil based is your friend. By not exposing your skin to alcohol or you are going to see less dryness. If you follow this routine for 14 days you will notice a significant difference in your skin tone, and firmness, and you will notice improved hydration. Also carry around with you some "gold bond" cream you can get for a dollar in travel section at WM and use this for ur hands several times per day. You can also use the cocoa butter on ur lips that will do you better than any chapstick you will ever find. Its completely safe, you could eat cocoa butter and it wouldn't hurt you....gross but still safe lol.

You need a gay friend lol.

You need a gay friend lol.

Or a very fussy female friend, Lionsfan101.

When I moved out of my folks' home I lived alone for six months and didn't have (or need) much more in my bathroom than toothpaste, an old toothbrush, a bar of soap, a bottle of shampoo, a comb and a stick of anti-perspirant.

I survived, ha.

Then girls started, erm, stopping over.

:)

Skip forward a few years and 'my' bathroom now has:

His 'n her toothbrushes, replaced at six monthly intervals
His 'n her bathrobes
Not just 4 different soaps but also 4 bottles of variously scented bodywashes
His 'n her shampoos
His 'n her conditioners
His 'n her combs
Her 'n her anti-perspirants
His 'n her towels

All, natch, not just strewn about the joint as used to be the case but each in their allocated places

The bathroom also - you won't believe this - gets cleaned daily!

It is hard to run out onto a Rugby field looking menacing when you know you bodywashed that a.m. in apple-scented soap, ha...
My skin does look great, though! :shock1: